[SHIPS/WEAPONS] Star Trek Universe - Final update!.

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Metzelmax

Re: [SHIP/S] Star Trek Universe (Wip) UPDATED 6/03

Postby Metzelmax » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:33 pm

btw: Heavy phaser and even the phaser array are completely op at the moment. Dont know if they are more balanced once all enemies use star trek weapons, but as it is now; I can kill the rebel flagship within 2 shots of the heavy phaser.

My suggestion:
- increase energy of both by one
- decrease damage by one, so the array deals 1 and 1 pierce; and the heavy 2 and pierce 2
Here is the Stuff I made:
ImageImageImageImage
And stuff is always better than no stuff, right?
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:40 pm

Metzelmax wrote:btw: Heavy phaser and even the phaser array are completely op at the moment. Dont know if they are more balanced once all enemies use star trek weapons, but as it is now; I can kill the rebel flagship within 2 shots of the heavy phaser.

My suggestion:
- increase energy of both by one
- decrease damage by one, so the array deals 1 and 1 pierce; and the heavy 2 and pierce 2

First, the star trek weapons are not going to be available to the ai, im not planning to do so.

Second, maybe u right, but the problem with beams is too hard to get the pierce effect written in the code. If i lower the sp, then the phasers are useless. We have 3 phasers, so i cant lower the damage of the heavy phaser since , small phaser = dmg 1, normal phaser = damg 2 and heavy phaser dmg = 3. The only thing i can do is to increase the power needed and the cooldown. But i think the cooldown is high enough for the phaser and the heavy phaser. Anyways, if u see other beams like the pike beam, they are op as well, i remember playing with a pike beam (or the glave beam cant remember) and killing ships in seconds. I think the problem is beams need a bit fix, cuz the pierce effect is a bit messed up.

Anyways, a sp of 2 for the heavy phaser is not op , not even close. When u fight a ship with 3 shields or 4, the beam cant penetrate the shields without helping with another weapon. Or almost it shouldnt.
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage
Metzelmax

Postby Metzelmax » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:36 pm

In that case I'd reduce the length of the beams. That way you can not hit 10 rooms with 3 damage at once. Especially since in Star Trek fed phasers generally only shoot at a single point.
ImageImageImageImage
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:30 am

Metzelmax wrote:In that case I'd reduce the length of the beams. That way you can not hit 10 rooms with 3 damage at once. Especially since in Star Trek fed phasers generally only shoot at a single point.

Yup but since in the game the special feature of beams are the lenght, there is no sense to make a beam that hits only 1 room. I mean, if im going to reduce the lenght of the beams, i will just put the minimum lenght possible, so the final aspect is like the phaser itself. But then, beams will be just useless or not interesting weapons.. my first idea was to make the lenght just 1 (or more, so u can have space to mark the hit line), so the phaser will hit only 1 focused room. But then i came out with the actual ones.

But now that i have more ideas, and i have more experience i can think on make the phaser just that, phasers that hit only 1 room. Maybe with a enormous breach chance or something like that to make em useful.
ImageImage
greetingsfromoslo

Postby greetingsfromoslo » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:16 am

speedoflight wrote:
Metzelmax wrote:In that case I'd reduce the length of the beams. That way you can not hit 10 rooms with 3 damage at once. Especially since in Star Trek fed phasers generally only shoot at a single point.

But now that i have more ideas, and i have more experience i can think on make the phaser just that, phasers that hit only 1 room. Maybe with a enormous breach chance or something like that to make em useful.

Instead of just heavy damage output, you could balance out the phasers to serve a multipurpose role: damage hull, system and crew, and even ignite fires to various degrees. In that way the short beam would seem to focus an incredible amount of destructive power into a single room. I think that would fit thematically with the weapon description.
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:53 pm

Nah, i will upload a little update in a few hours, wat i did with the phasers in the end was, keep the lenght as minimum as possible (it must be greater than 5 anyways, if not, the phaser will shot at a anormal speed) but, since the phasers has not the multiple room hit ability anymore, they will always do a breach in the hull. The damage is the same, but in adittion to the damage, the phasers will do a breach everytime they hit (well, i suposse 10 breach chance will mean always.. or almost). I dont think i will add more effects, since the phasers are now more or less balanced. If i add as well fire chance and system-crew damage, they will really op and a room will be destroyed in 2 seconds, no matter how may crew members are in there trying to make repair tasks lol.

So the phasers stay as -> normal damage (hull/system) + breach (always) + decreased cooldown. Besides, the phasers are actually , or almost they shoudnt be too dangerous , except for the heavy phaser of course. In the tv shows the phasers usually are useless...

But, then u look at the glaive beam , and phasers are just almost nerfed compared with that weapon lol. I never thought phasers were op, but well, someone did, so i did check again and changed em.

Next update incoming - > Added the klingon bird of prey (the oldie version, since there is already a bird of prey in the mod community), added 2 klingon weapons (more to come), the disruptor and the klingon torpedo. Added the NCC-Cousteau (the captain's yacht) as a drone for the Enterprise. But dont be so happy since it requires 4 power and u need to upgrade the drones bay first. Still i think i need to do more balance updates, maybe for the start of the game and the power issues. But, feedback is welcome for that :)

Btw, someone knows wat means the "dogde" thing on the drone blueprint?? maybe the chance of the drone to dogde?? dogde wat??.. :?:
ImageImage
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:31 pm

Updated the link on the first post, enjoy!.
ImageImage
BrenTenkage

Re: [SHIP/S] Star Trek Universe (Wip) UPDATED 9/03

Postby BrenTenkage » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:41 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QDvqH39 ... e=youtu.be

Had fun with the Enterprise, but I noticed a bug, you will notice it very early in the video, so yeah
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
Metzelmax

Postby Metzelmax » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:43 am

not on my ftl. The defiant is totally fine.
ImageImageImageImage
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:17 am

Metzelmax wrote:not on my ftl. The defiant is totally fine.

weird.....
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269