[SHIPS/WEAPONS] Star Trek Universe - Final update!.

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
speedoflight

Re: [SHIP/S] Star Trek Universe (Wip)

Postby speedoflight » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:34 pm

Metzelmax wrote:I AM SO EXCITED! I am waiting for a star trek mod since release.

Will there be the Borg? I would really like if the rebels would be replaced by the borg and you would have to fight a borg cube at the end.

Err, the problem is, borg ships are too way big for a layout for ftl. Imagine a cube that is about 100 times the enterprise in size, with a crew of 8 drones and just about a punch of systems... lol, that will be very ridiculous. Maybe i will think on it and i will include some other borg ships, like an assimilator, an sphere or something else. Something "small", but a cube.. will be impossible.

But u give me something to think off, for the borg ships, it will be nice to design custom crew members (but im afraid it will be almost impossible to design a borg outfit in those tiny sprites..).
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage
Metzelmax

Postby Metzelmax » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:45 pm

I think you should do a borg cube anyway. It doesnt need to be in the right proportion^^.
Here is the Stuff I made:
ImageImageImageImage
And stuff is always better than no stuff, right?
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:50 pm

Metzelmax wrote:I think you should do a borg cube anyway. It doesnt need to be in the right proportion^^.

Yes, it should. Star Trek lovers will not like a cube of the size of a frigate, its just ridiculous. Its for example, the battlestar galactica without vipers... and not only that, i cant make a cube with the same "advantajes" as a regular ship, it will not make sense. So probably i will need to op it a bit, and i dont like that idea.. but when the time comes, i will think on it. The good thing is, due to the cube structure, it will be plenty of rooms, but as i said, i will think on it when the time comes.. ;)
ImageImage
JeffTheBoardingDrone

Postby JeffTheBoardingDrone » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:23 am

Metzelmax wrote:I AM SO EXCITED! I am waiting for a star trek mod since release.

Will there be the Borg? I would really like if the rebels would be replaced by the borg and you would have to fight a borg cube at the end.

Borg sounds awesome for a rebel replacement.

Also, I like the renewed layout. It works a lot better.
Alvarin

Postby Alvarin » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:51 am

speedoflight wrote:...
But u give me something to think off, for the borg ships, it will be nice to design custom crew members (but im afraid it will be almost impossible to design a borg outfit in those tiny sprites..).

I hope the attachment thing works and this sprite will help you with ideas (of course you are free to use this one if you like it enough)

FTLborg.PNG
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:24 am

Alvarin wrote:
speedoflight wrote:...

I hope the attachment thing works and this sprite will help you with ideas (of course you are free to use this one if you like it enough)

FTLborg.PNG

lol, thats "cute", thx, i will save it if i decide to use it, and of course i will give u credit for it. But its too soon to think on it.
ImageImage
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:25 am

JeffTheBoardingDrone wrote:

Borg sounds awesome for a rebel replacement.

Also, I like the renewed layout. It works a lot better.

Or the engi, who knows.

Yeah, anyways i always forgot that u cant make 1x1 rooms looking at space, the air vent will not work propertly... so, i changed the layout to one better without 1x1 rooms to the space...

The bad thing im not planning to make the ships available for the AI, not for now, but once i gather more experience, maybe in the future i will. The borg cube its probably that will be done, i have some ideas for it.
ImageImage
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:05 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT3Ss2TX ... vN9h2rZiT4

Now while this was fun to lets play, I do have a concern, A game ending bug at the end of the video where I got to the event with finding a chache, I took it, and got a boarding drone...then the game ended

Second I bought a teleporter...but it didn't go on the ship
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:12 am

BrenTenkage wrote:...I bought a teleporter...but it didn't go on the ship

It seems the ship was designed without a teleporter assigned. Teleporter system should be added to blueprints.append and it's rarity set to 0. That way it will work normally for AI ships and will not appear in stores.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:25 pm

Yeah, my intention was not to allow teleporter on the Defiant, i just wanted to make the ship more "unique", but since its hard to notice that the ship cant have teleporter, maybe i should just put it (of course with the star = false).

UltraMantis, so sorry about that crash :? , is there any possibility we know the cause?

Was going to update with the enterprise, but ima going to make some small modifications before (included allow teleport on the defiant), sorry guys
ImageImage