[SHIPS/WEAPONS] Star Trek Universe - Final update!.

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
speedoflight

Re: [SHIP/S] Star Trek Universe - Updated 03/04

Postby speedoflight » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:11 pm

Metzelmax wrote:forgot: there no augments there to buy in the store anymore. Should be there again even if all augments are now species specific. I mean you can buy their weapons, so why not their augments too.

Because there is no sense on giving augmentations to the ships if u can already bought it on shops and it will be very stupid to buy a borg hull adaptation augmentation for a starfleet ship. Besides, augmentations are one of the things make some species unique and different, u will think, why i should play with the borg if i can buy their augmentations later in shops? (for example). I know its the same case scenario than weapons, but weapons are an essential part of the ships / game, augmentations are not. Augmentations are another part of a ship u need to consider when u pick your ship in the hangar, since u will not be able to buy it later on the shops. So, if u need to sell it, u also need to think if u really want to do it, cuz u will not be able to buy it again as well. I really think this improves the mod itself, not on the contrary.

About the drone jem haddar augmentation, i dont care, since u can replace the drones for in-board ones. The thing is giving em a drone theme , thats all. And since there are not augmentations left for em, it really doesnt make a point to change it or remove it.
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage
speedoflight

Re: [SHIP/S] Star Trek Universe - Updated 03/04

Postby speedoflight » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:26 pm

Metzelmax wrote:Also why do all your attack-drones need 4 power? I FTL i never use the Antiship II since it needs 4 power, and with 4 power I can either have a burstlaser 3 or 2 shields or 2 attackdrones. There is no problem in having some drones use 4 power, but not all of them.

With that in mind I'd give the B ship of the dominion 3 attackships and one defense rather than 2 attack 2 defense like now. Since you always see 3 bugships fighting together and they even say there are always 3 jemhadar in one team.

¿? Have u even tried the attack drones?? seriously u think they will be better with 3 power or 2?? that will be really really op. U should know they are not like the in-game drones, they are more reliable and they have shield piercing as well. of course u can raise the drone power bar higher than the original game, i suposse u know that. The same for the defense drones, maybe they dont fire faster (but very close) thatn the original ones, but they fly faster and have lower cooldown between shots. Meaninng, with only 1 defense drone, u can almost neutralize everything fired at your ship. Not everything, but if u can put 2 defense drones active, nothing will hit u. The on board drones will just dont fit the jem haddar style theme. So, there are no onboard drones available (and since u cant make custom anti-pers drones, i just dont want to give em any). But that should not be a problem, just buy em in the closest shop u find if u like em.

No. The Battleship is great as it is. Its a bigger ship, and its logical that it have 2 defense drones instead of 1. Thats another thing to consider when u pick the battleship or the heavy cruiser. And there is no point in to give it 3 attack drones since u will never be able to use em all. The max power of the drone bay is 11 (i think). And as i say, i cant lower the power use of the attack drones, since they are better than the in-game originals. The Jem Haddar are balanced just like they are now, i cant do almost any change.

Sometimes i think your feedback meztelmax is only made for your own favor :p, i know u are almost the only one who is trying this mod (unveliebable, but sadly its true) and i really appreciate your "feedback".. but sometimes i think u just dont like some things and u want the ship more overpowered or something.. thats not the point of this mod.. and if other users will say the same as u, then, and only then i will consider to change the drone loadout... (u need to understand me lol). But i need more feedback from other users.. thats the whole point of releasing the mod for the community, if i receive nothing (meaning more than yours, metzelmax, i need more) , user request changes will not be done since i consider the ships are fine just as they are. And for the same reason, im not keeping posting updates in this thread. Maybe in a future, but i dunno when. THis is a decision that was hard to make, but is wat any modder would do, sadly.
ImageImage
Veuth

Re: [SHIP/S] Star Trek Universe - Canceled (for now)

Postby Veuth » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:06 am

Hey dude, I made this account for posting on this mod, cause it what my my FTL go from good, to great.

All the augments you added to the ships fit it perfectly! The Borg plating and such, though, You need to add a description to what the augments actually do, on most of them it is fine like it says moment speed is increased by 20% but some of them like "Borg Hyper Drive" gives me no information about what it does, it just says that it makes it the fastest ship during FTL, Or close to that line, which needs to be worked on.

Now for the stuff I enjoy or think that needs to be changed. I love the description you gave a few of the races, From my Star Trek experience only watching a small part of voyager and the latest movie. The looks of the some guns are amazing but what I would think had the most detailed texture (The Enterprise) the phases on it look out of the picture to the rest of it, so does the ship itself. Since the augment of the enterprise says it has advanced sensors why not at the start give the ship level three sensors? The ship also seems a bit confined for the importance of it, since this is the first ship people will see when they load up the game its good to make it look the best, this is why I will only ask you to revise this ship for now, since I'm not the modder this is only simple suggestions but I think this will get the mod the support it needs.

You need to also add some of a re-texture of species like making the Borg look more like members of the Borg and the Biological species to look a bit more like they did in Voyager, if they made no more appearances before or after that. Events will also make this a one and only mod, you need to make it unique, a monopoly of a mod, make the HUD look more like a Star Trek one would, Alternative endings Depending on what race you where from and so on.

Overall this mod is a great mod, it shouldn't be anywhere near finished yet and cancelling it will only lose you followers, this mod has great potential and you should stop now but when there cant be any more suggestions or complaints.

Veuth
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:48 am

Veuth, thx for the transwarp drive tip, its a minor fix, but yup, the description doesnt say too much about it. Anyways, once u played some games on FTL u will know wat the transwarp drive does, since the only thing that changes is the name, all the augments are the same as the original game (a bit re-defined and changed some values, but in the end, the same).

I know the graphics of the starfleet weapons are noot too fited with the ships, they were my first weapons and i didnt pay too much attention to it. But wat i dont understand is that u say the grahpic of the enterprise (the ship) is not good??? well u are not going to find any better image of the enterprise-e, trust me.

The advanced sensors of the Enterprise translates in the augmentation the ship has. Im not going to max the sensors system cuz i was keeping that in mind for the Hirogen, that will have max sensors power.

Yes, the Enterprise is the first ship people sees, but anyways, if u didnt notice, only 2 or 3 users are trying this mod, so i dont give too much importance to that. The only thing that i will probably change is the size of the weapons, that they are a little too big for the shape of the enterprise. But its impossible to make weapons that fits completely the shape of some ships, because in the case of the Enterprise, the weapons should be hidden under the hull.. like almost all the other weapons of the other races. In Star Trek, ships doesnt have turrets, in almost all of the cases, they fire within the interior of the hull, where is mounted the weapon itself.

And yes, i should do a lot of things, but first, there is no possibility of make custom borg crew sprites, since u cant add new crew sprites to the game, u can just replace the existin ones, and there are more races than crew sprites. And i need to reuse some of em, so no, its not possibly to make custom borg crew sprites. If i had only 6 races, i could make 1 crew sprite for race, but is not the case, sadly. So i decided in the end, just to give every race a combination of the more appropiated crew, without taking the crew stetic in consideration. Is the only way.

As i said in the first page, i was planning to make even the HUD of lscars, but that is a lot of work , the same as the text events. Someone was willing to help with that, but again, the guy who offered just dissappeared and there is no possibiltiy (for now) of star trek event texts. The mod right now is finished, as it is, im not going to waste more time trying to ask people wat should i improve / change / add to the mod, since nobody answers, cuz nobody tries it. So, one day when i finish the Krenim and the Hirogen, i will post a final update, only to give the complete mod experience for the 1 or 2 people that will download it.
ImageImage
darkph0rze

Postby darkph0rze » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:05 am

Similar to a previous poster I registered just to be able to thank you for this mod.
This mod, in conjuction with the InfSpace one, is why I still play this game.
Not gonna nag you to continue the development or anything but thought I'd just drop a few lines to show you my appreciation and to tell you that your work has not been in vain.
So yeh, thank you :)
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:21 am

darkph0rze wrote:Similar to a previous poster I registered just to be able to thank you for this mod.
This mod, in conjuction with the InfSpace one, is why I still play this game.
Not gonna nag you to continue the development or anything but thought I'd just drop a few lines to show you my appreciation and to tell you that your work has not been in vain.
So yeh, thank you :)

Thanks a lot, the problem is, without feedback for every race i cant keep updating this mod here. Maybe i am a bit rude, but when someone makes a mod, its for the community to enjoy it, but if the modder sees that nobody is trying it (translated in no feedback commentaries, or no commentaries at all) there is no sense on keep updating it everytime i make a race. So, maybe it will take me a couple of months (i suspect less) but i will do a final update in the future, the mod will be really completed except for the gibs section (i dont have a clue on how to make gibs, since i tried but they doesnt work as they should and nobody can give me tips on wat should be wrong.) and for the lscars and event text part. Im still trying to figure it out the Hirogen augmentation, its probably that it will be the last 2 , scrap collector and the auto-reloader. I was going to give em the crystal shards augment (with custom projectiles) but since i dont have any idea on how to remove the augment from the AI ships, the crystal shards augmentation will be the last and the only one that will be not used lol.
ImageImage
razortazor

Postby razortazor » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:25 pm

Its a shame you've stopped with the mod (for now). I really enjoy playing with these ships, They are loads of fun, and some of them are really challenging. I'm going to miss the F5-ing of the mod section every 40 minutes waiting for an update. Sad to see you've stopped.

:(
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:46 pm

I was planning to make the update sooner, but i almost cant work on my mod due to the continuous crashes when i play the game, they are making me to abandon FTL for good.

I really need to know if people who is trying this are suffering from this crashes. I mean, playing for about 30-40 minutes in a row, to see if the game crashes in a shop, or in a text event or somewhere else. I need to know if the problem is caused by the mod itself (in that case i probably will abandon modding and playing FTL since i dont see a way to solve it) or not. But im afraid, i uninstalled it and the crashes didnt happen again... so, i really will appreciatte if the 2 or 3 people playing this could give me some feedbacks about this. If i cant fix it, im afraid the last update and maybe the most important one will be impossible to finish.
ImageImage
JeffTheBoardingDrone

Postby JeffTheBoardingDrone » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:23 pm

speedoflight wrote:I was planning to make the update sooner, but i almost cant work on my mod due to the continuous crashes when i play the game, they are making me to abandon FTL for good.

I really need to know if people who is trying this are suffering from this crashes. I mean, playing for about 30-40 minutes in a row, to see if the game crashes in a shop, or in a text event or somewhere else. I need to know if the problem is caused by the mod itself (in that case i probably will abandon modding and playing FTL since i dont see a way to solve it) or not. But im afraid, i uninstalled it and the crashes didnt happen again... so, i really will appreciatte if the 2 or 3 people playing this could give me some feedbacks about this. If i cant fix it, im afraid the last update and maybe the most important one will be impossible to finish.

I've been seeing random crashes upon entering stores, but it has been stable otherwise.
How are you blocking the Augments? It could be crashing when trying to give you an augment for purchase or one in an event - there should be coding somewhere on an augment like Mantis Pheromones to make it only be able to come at the start.
I do not have much knowledge of coding, but that is all I can think of.
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:41 pm

Sadly, i dont think thats the problem, since the crashes are produced when i enter on a store, or even when i am going to fight a ship, or when i just go to other sector.. about the augments, i think there is no problem on restrict augmentations only to events (if u put rarity 0, it will be available only in events, as far as i know), besides, the augments are given for its real name (that is always the same), not the description name..

i really dunno wat to do, i installed the game again in the root disk of my pc (it was installed in an external hd), and i am going to write it down all the spots where the game crashes.. maybe with luck i can find a pattern or something.. maybe the problem is as u said, any event item or something but.. how the hell to figure it out?
ImageImage