Version 1.1 http://wikisend.com/download/266864/
Version 1.0 http://wikisend.com/download/186836/FRSS-Marauders.7z
Requires SMM: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=17102
I recommend that you install this as a single mod. Visual mods are probably ok, but other ship mods could cause conflicts.
Code: Select all
1.1 changes made to the IceLord to nerf it a little. It's still an Ion powerhouse in the hands of a veteran.
- Comet Cannon cooldown reduced to 6 (was 7)
- Dual Comet Cannon:
-- cooldown reduced to 10 (was 11)
-- power increased to 2 (was 1)
-- speed reduced to 55 (was 60)
- Meat-Eater Missile cooldown reduced to 11 (was 17)
- Typos fixed, descriptions improved/corrected
Changes seem trivial at a glance, but the power requirement has a major impact on the initial loadout. Meat-Eater Missile cooldown drastically reduced to increase it's usefullnes.
1.0 initial release
Difficulty: >Normal - Extreme!
Class: Marauder (Replacing Stealth Cruisers A&B)
The idea behind the ships and the design is to have nice starting weapons that can help capture ships early on, but do no hull damage. For this reason and because they are cumbersome, they are designed to be replaced. You don't have to replace all, but trying to go all the way with the starting loadout is ill advised.
Some backstory (to be refined in a further update):
The Marauders are new in the sector. Distracted by their war, neither the Federation nor the Rebels seem to have any clue as to the origin and purpose of these ships. All they have to go by are the vague reports from backwater outposts. Recently though, the attacks became more brazen and the new enemy less inclined to lurk in shadows. The extent of the new threat is about to dawn on the warring factions.
Marauder ships are characterised by powerfull weapon systems that seem to require massive power to operate, even at the expense of all other systems. While not refined, the weapons are effective. Usually disableing and stripping ships clean to provide resources required for the vessel to reach it's full potential. Even though their origins and source of technology are a mystery, the ships are crewed by common races though it's hard to say if they joined up willingly or are slaves.
- Disables and kills crew.
- Starts with 4 good support weapons.
- Cannot defeat AI ships at start.
- 2 Comet Cannons; 1 shot, 1pt ion damage, very fast recycle.
- Dual Comet Cannon; 2shots, 1pt ion damage each, fast recycle.
- Meat-Eater Missile; Breaches almost guaranteed (usefull against AI ships), 2pts system damage. Oneshots all races except Rockmen.
(nod to Fragile Allegiance, google it. good game)
- Burns most ships with ease.
- Does not have shields.
NOTE - Shield system is completely disabled for this ship. It will be challenging to say the least.
- Magma Cannon; High fire chance, bypasses shields, immune to defense drones. Fast recycle.
- High-Energy Laser; Modified Fire Beam, pierces 3 shields (description says 3 mistakenly), medium recycle and high power demand.
- Impact Cannon; Huge power demand. Each shot deals 1pt system damage and ion damage. Medium recycle.
To install this mod, you must install SMM first. Download SMM and unzip it wherever you like.
To install the mod itself:
- unzip contents (or drag n drop the mod_name.ftl file) into Slipstream\mods*.
- run SMM, check this mod and Patch.
- run SMM, dont select any mods and hit Patch. The game will be restored to original.
* The exact location of Slipstream depends on where you unzip it.
Some mods are distributed as .ftl files that you copy into the mods folder, other mods (such as this one) are distributed as archives that must be unzipped and the .ftl file copied into the mods folder.
This mod was made without regard for compatibility with other mods. However, it will work with visual, events and weapon mods, but will almost certainly break system mods. Wheter or not it works with other ship mods is unpredictable. You can try to play it alongside system or ship mods, but i cannot guarantee that it will play as intended.
The standalone Weapons Pack is currently down. I will upload an updated version.