ADVANCED WEAPONS AND SHIELDS IS NOT BEING DEVELOPED ANYMORE!

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Ryangreen1
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:38 pm

Re: [MOD] Advanced Weapons and Shields

Postby Ryangreen1 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:05 am

nataryeahbuddy wrote:
Endless Night wrote:Hey, Sorry this isn't related exactly to the Mod, but what mod do you use to have more reactor power?

But anyways, great mod. I love it so far. :)


Thanks! I don't think there is a mod to increase reactor power, but you can do it by going into the blueprints.xml.append file of any ship mod and changing the max power to over 30.


Hi i'm new at modding and I'd like to get more reactor power, how would you get to the blueprints.xml file on a macbook?
electricz0ltan
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:00 pm
Location: Zoltan Homeworlds

Re: [MOD][UPDATED (v1.1)] Advanced Weapons and Shields v1.1

Postby electricz0ltan » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:17 am

@Ryangreen1
Use FTL Dat Manager to get to your data.dat file. Upon archiving, the folder "data.dat-unpacked" should appear. Inside is a folder named "data".
Scroll until you fin blueprints.xml
You need to open blueprints.xml up with Textedit and that's basically it.
Enjoy editing you blueprints! :D
Image
If you see something suspicious, please report it to you local Zoltan Police Station. All issues will be dealt with immediately
UltraMantis
Posts: 2141
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:17 pm

Re: [MOD][UPDATED (v1.1)] Advanced Weapons and Shields v1.1

Postby UltraMantis » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:42 am

electricz0ltan is only partly correct. When you run FTL Dat Manager:

Select Open; navigate to your FTL folder; inside there is a folder called resources and inside it a file named data.dat; open this file.
The Dat Manager will now display all files and folders that are packed into data.dat
Find blueprints.xml and export this file to a folder of your choice.
You can now open blueprints.xml with notepad and you can make adjustments. Be careful and keep a backup of the exported original because errors in this file will crash FTL.
Once you have made adjustments go back to Dat Manager, delete blueprints.xml and click Save.
Next click Add and navigate to your modified blueprints.xml file and add it to the pack. Save again.
(When replacing files it is important to first delete the file being replaced, and to add the modified one in the exact same folder the original one was. For data.dat this is not so important but for resources.dat it is.)

Now when you run FTL it will load the modified data.dat with the modified blueprints.xml file in it. :) It is in your best interest to make backups of data.dat otherwise you may have to reinstall the game in things go badly.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
Ryangreen1
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:38 pm

Re: [MOD][UPDATED (v1.1)] Advanced Weapons and Shields v1.1

Postby Ryangreen1 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:25 pm

UltraMantis wrote:electricz0ltan is only partly correct. When you run FTL Dat Manager:

Select Open; navigate to your FTL folder; inside there is a folder called resources and inside it a file named data.dat; open this file.
The Dat Manager will now display all files and folders that are packed into data.dat
Find blueprints.xml and export this file to a folder of your choice.
You can now open blueprints.xml with notepad and you can make adjustments. Be careful and keep a backup of the exported original because errors in this file will crash FTL.
Once you have made adjustments go back to Dat Manager, delete blueprints.xml and click Save.
Next click Add and navigate to your modified blueprints.xml file and add it to the pack. Save again.
(When replacing files it is important to first delete the file being replaced, and to add the modified one in the exact same folder the original one was. For data.dat this is not so important but for resources.dat it is.)

Now when you run FTL it will load the modified data.dat with the modified blueprints.xml file in it. :) It is in your best interest to make backups of data.dat otherwise you may have to reinstall the game in things go badly.

this might be a dumb question but where is my FTL folder.
I went to my applications folder and clicked that but it doesn't show anything inside it. I also went to my application support folder for FTL and the only things in there are prof.sav and settings.ini
i cant find anything labeled resources
UltraMantis
Posts: 2141
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:17 pm

Re: [MOD][UPDATED (v1.1)] Advanced Weapons and Shields v1.1

Postby UltraMantis » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:07 pm

It could be in steamapps if you're a steam user. The easiest way is to do a file search for ftlgame.exe It will be in your FTL folder.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
speedoflight
Posts: 660
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:08 am

Re: [MOD][UPDATED (v1.1)] Advanced Weapons and Shields v1.1

Postby speedoflight » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:13 pm

Darn it. I was playing great with this mod until i reached sector 7? (i cant remember) and then, an asteroid field just killed me. I didnt have any problem with asteroid fields until now, but well, now i see wat u guys mean about the asteroid fields.... :lol:
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage
speedoflight
Posts: 660
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:08 am

Re: [MOD] Advanced Weapons and Shields

Postby speedoflight » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:16 pm

Ryangreen1 wrote:
nataryeahbuddy wrote:
Endless Night wrote:Hey, Sorry this isn't related exactly to the Mod, but what mod do you use to have more reactor power?

But anyways, great mod. I love it so far. :)


Thanks! I don't think there is a mod to increase reactor power, but you can do it by going into the blueprints.xml.append file of any ship mod and changing the max power to over 30.


Hi i'm new at modding and I'd like to get more reactor power, how would you get to the blueprints.xml file on a macbook?


This is something i will never understand, y the game shows u so many power bars when u cant even get half of em... i always run out of power to feed all my systems. I always end with 70% of shield power, weapons, and engines, even with zoltan crew..
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage
nataryeahbuddy
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:37 am

Re: [MOD] Advanced Weapons and Shields

Postby nataryeahbuddy » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:26 pm

Ryangreen1 wrote:
nataryeahbuddy wrote:
Endless Night wrote:
Thanks! I don't think there is a mod to increase reactor power, but you can do it by going into the blueprints.xml.append file of any ship mod and changing the max power to over 30.


Hi i'm new at modding and I'd like to get more reactor power, how would you get to the blueprints.xml file on a macbook?


This is something i will never understand, y the game shows u so many power bars when u cant even get half of em... i always run out of power to feed all my systems. I always end with 70% of shield power, weapons, and engines, even with zoltan crew..


If you could get all that reactor power, this mod would be really OP. I added a bunch of reactor power for testing purposes.
My most popular mod! Over 290 Downloads!
Advanced Weapons and Shields!
My second most popular mod! Over 240 Downloads!
Advanced Battle Systems!
An awesome ship with custom graphics and two new weapons!
F-22A Raptor for FTL
speedoflight
Posts: 660
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:08 am

Re: [MOD] Advanced Weapons and Shields

Postby speedoflight » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:15 pm

nataryeahbuddy wrote:
If you could get all that reactor power, this mod would be really OP. I added a bunch of reactor power for testing purposes.


The problem is, when u just cant improve anything else, because u maxed all the power bars, the game drops in interest, of course is more a challenge, but the possibility of be able to raise more power bars, even a high cost will be great, meaybe as a reward of somthing, or just a new level but with enormous cost.

Any advance on solving the asteroid field issue so i can install this mod again? ;)
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage
nataryeahbuddy
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:37 am

Re: [MOD] Advanced Weapons and Shields

Postby nataryeahbuddy » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:33 am

To solve the asteroid field problem, would a good solution be to just delete them entirely?
(e.g. eliminate all asteroid field events)

That's pretty much all I can think of, since the code doesn't mess with any events. :D
My most popular mod! Over 290 Downloads!
Advanced Weapons and Shields!
My second most popular mod! Over 240 Downloads!
Advanced Battle Systems!
An awesome ship with custom graphics and two new weapons!
F-22A Raptor for FTL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests