FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Nider_01

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.216/Inf 1.216/EL 1.216

Postby Nider_01 » Sun May 25, 2014 1:40 pm

I found a drone that called "Missile Defense Turret MK mar..." ;)
mnmn1234

Postby mnmn1234 » Sun May 25, 2014 2:41 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:The mod will only support the current version of FTL, but you can disable AE content in the hangar.

Update 1.216 is here, focusing on increased variety for the Lanius enemies.

CE Update 1.216
- Tweevles great Lanius B enemy hulls intigrated
- More enemy classes for the Lanius added
- Upgraded sensors should no longer detect PDS dummy weapons on Spotter and Defender classes now
- AI controlled sector textlists revised
- Some small fixes

CE Infinite 1.216
- Changes of CE 1.216 imported

CE Endless Loot 1.216 for CE and CE Endless Loot 1.216 for CE Infinite
- Some small fixes
- "Ripper" prefix can no longer apply to adaptive beams
- Changes of CE 1.216 imported

I was just wondering if you could give me CE Infinite 1.2.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Sun May 25, 2014 3:15 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:Update 1.216 is here, focusing on increased variety for the Lanius enemies.

Thanks a lot Sleeper for adding some variety to the Lanius! :D I can't wait to see the new Lanius classes. And thank you so much Tweevle for the awesome hull images!!! I think that was probably the hardest Type B enemy conversion yet. What are we missing now from AE? Mantis Type C and that's it?

I don't know what you are going to do for the next update Sleeper, but a couple things I'd like is if you figured out what the problem is with the Radiation events and if you added back in "encased" systems to enemies (assuming kartoflane's trick works that is). ;)

Also, some random ideas...
  • I think there is always room for another effector type weapon and I think a good one would be a "chain" Effector that increases it's ion damage with each successive hack.
  • You came up with the idea for the stations job mod to use "reactor"= as a condition for leveling enemies (which was genius by the way). I was just wondering if you knew if this works for other things like "loss"/"limit" reactor? Because if that does work I think there could be some interesting events, besides ion storms, which limit your reactor.
  • On that note, is it possible to reduce the level of a system using those events that upgrade your systems? Or is it not dynamic like that?
  • I read that it is now possible to "force" blue options. Is that true? If that is the case then you could add in some 3 way crew conversations, punish people for say for example... things like piracy when playing as the fed cruiser, and even just add in some flavor texts to events that only apply when playing as a specific faction.
mnmn1234 wrote:I Did with the one save of AE i had, i still like old FTL Better!

I'm still a bit confused why you need to use the old versions of CE... You can just disable AE content. The only thing that would remain from the new update then is convenience things like the crew movement boxes and save crew positions and stuff like that. I don't get why you need an older version of FTL or CE? :?
mnmn1234

Postby mnmn1234 » Sun May 25, 2014 3:23 pm

Russian Rockman wrote:
Sleeper Service wrote:Update 1.216 is here, focusing on increased variety for the Lanius enemies.

Thanks a lot Sleeper for adding some variety to the Lanius! :D I can't wait to see the new Lanius classes. And thank you so much Tweevle for the awesome hull images!!! I think that was probably the hardest Type B enemy conversion yet. What are we missing now from AE? Mantis Type C and that's it?

I don't know what you are going to do for the next update Sleeper, but a couple things I'd like is if you figured out what the problem is with the Radiation events and if you added back in "encased" systems to enemies (assuming kartoflane's trick works that is). ;)

Also, some random ideas...
  • I think there is always room for another effector type weapon and I think a good one would be a "chain" Effector that increases it's ion damage with each successive hack.
  • You came up with the idea for the stations job mod to use "reactor"= as a condition for leveling enemies (which was genius by the way). I was just wondering if you knew if this works for other things like "loss"/"limit" reactor? Because if that does work I think there could be some interesting events, besides ion storms, which limit your reactor.
  • On that note, is it possible to reduce the level of a system using those events that upgrade your systems? Or is it not dynamic like that?
  • I read that it is now possible to "force" blue options. Is that true? If that is the case then you could add in some 3 way crew conversations, punish people for say for example... things like piracy when playing as the fed cruiser, and even just add in some flavor texts to events that only apply when playing as a specific faction.
mnmn1234 wrote:I Did with the one save of AE i had, i still like old FTL Better!

I'm still a bit confused why you need to use the old versions of CE... You can just disable AE content. The only thing that would remain from the new update then is convenience things like the crew movement boxes and save crew positions and stuff like that. I don't get why you need an older version of FTL or CE? :?

old FTL, Mostly because most mods are still for old FTL
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun May 25, 2014 4:20 pm

Russian Rockman wrote:I don't know what you are going to do for the next update Sleeper, but a couple things I'd like is if you figured out what the problem is with the Radiation events and if you added back in "encased" systems to enemies (assuming kartoflane's trick works that is).

I still have no idea what causes the crashes in these events and there is still a possibility that the internal hardcoded auto surrenders and such cause it. STALEMATE_SURRENDER will definitely trigger if you jump into radiation without fuel now and that will kind of break the whole event. Therefore I'm not too keen on even testing this, also cause the absence of these events does not bother me too much. Feel free to do some trial and error yourself though.

Russian Rockman wrote:You came up with the idea for the stations job mod to use "reactor"= as a condition for leveling enemies (which was genius by the way). I was just wondering if you knew if this works for other things like "loss"/"limit" reactor? Because if that does work I think there could be some interesting events, besides ion storms, which limit your reactor.

Yeah, that could be interesting. Needs testing, no idea if it actually works... Reactor seem to behave kind of different than other systems but there is a possibility that the ion storm actually works exactly that way... <status type="divide" target="player" system="reactor" amount="2"/> That would open up some interesting possibilities, at last if reactor has a hard reset after each beacon. Combat augs could use actuall reactor power for example. Well, anything could use actual power then. "Going into production mode" with the on-board assembly line could relay mean power loss, maybe with a chance of pirates exploiting your temporary weakness and staging a surprise attack during the production cycle. Such stuff... Well, that needs testing first. Would be cool if it works.

Russian Rockman wrote:On that note, is it possible to reduce the level of a system using those events that upgrade your systems? Or is it not dynamic like that?

I tested this for creating a proper sabotage event with permanent power loss, but it did not work for me. Looks like negative system upgrades are not possible.

Russian Rockman wrote:I read that it is now possible to "force" blue options. Is that true? If that is the case then you could add in some 3 way crew conversations, punish people for say for example... things like piracy when playing as the fed cruiser, and even just add in some flavor texts to events that only apply when playing as a specific faction.

Three way crew conversations are actually a little more complicated than it might seem, as they would require single events in event list for each possible conversation text. And it's a whole lot of busy work to write all these possible options. The system is not even fully matching its potentially as it is: As some people have noticed, the amount of possible conversation outcomes are kind of limited and neither could I bring myself to write up more, nor did many people actually consider contributing texts. I'm not totally motivated to put more energy into this.
Contextual texts in certain situations would be pretty cool though. The system still has limit though. You can't have two text variants (normal an contextual) to be displayed, as there can be no real continue present. Contextual texts could only be additional texts in a second layer and could only exist at points of the event where it would end anyway.

I think you also inquired how the Zoltan Artillery can have such a thick beam, I kind of forgot about that. here is the thing: Beam thickness is actually proportional to the actual damage of the beam. Beams get wider the more damage they do, automatically, to the point the beams partly blocked by shields are thinner inside the shield bubble. That can actually be observed ingame. ;)
Nider_01

Postby Nider_01 » Sun May 25, 2014 6:01 pm

At the starting beacon (first sector) my ai crew wants to upgrade sensors subsystem. But there is only one option: don't listen to ai :?
fugu

Postby fugu » Sun May 25, 2014 9:58 pm

Why does this laser shoot swarm missiles?

Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.216/Inf 1.216/EL 1.216b

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun May 25, 2014 11:41 pm

fugu wrote:Why does this laser shoot swarm missiles?

Cause it is not a Laser but a missile launcher with a missing weapon animation due to a faulty prefix, which results in the laser appearing as the default replace.

CE Endless Loot 1.216b for CE and CE Endless Loot 1.216b for CE Infinite
- Fixed a few instances of missing weapon graphics due to some faulty prefixes

Nider_01 wrote:At the starting beacon (first sector) my ai crew wants to upgrade sensors subsystem. But there is only one option: don't listen to ai :?

Hm, the event seems to be in order. Was that on the Shrike? Cause that ship has no sensors to start with, so there is nothing there to upgrade. Actually the AI would only have stated that it had a look at you sensor system. No word about upgrades and no need to listen to your AIs critical opinion on whatever rudimentary sensors you actually have on that ship. ;)
fugu

Postby fugu » Mon May 26, 2014 1:40 am

Thanks for the fix.

I've tried installing FTL EL for infinite, but SMM waits forever while installing it. I'm able to install EL for Standard CE without issues, though.

I've found a minor typo:

"exiting" should be "exciting"
FtDLulz

Postby FtDLulz » Mon May 26, 2014 2:36 am

fugu wrote:Thanks for the fix.

I've tried installing FTL EL for infinite, but SMM waits forever while installing it. I'm able to install EL for Standard CE without issues, though.

I've found a minor typo:

"exiting" should be "exciting"

You found "exiting" but not "meterials".