[Ship] Battledestroyer Insomniac

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
ClockALock

[Ship] Battledestroyer Insomniac

Postby ClockALock » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:58 pm

The Battledestroyer Insomniac is a thing now.
My first mod, made with superluminal, and with assistance from kartoFlane.

I made this a while ago, but it was terrible, so I fixed it and yeah.
It doesn't have a miniship image because it's a stealth ship. That is totally the reason.
The hull image is not mine, I take NO credit for its amazingness, but my computer crashed so I have no idea where I got it from.

Here's the link, more mods from me to come in the future (I hope) : http://www.mediafire.com/?f4ehl2zmp6dci0o

LIST OF STUFF IT HAS:
-Gibs (kinda, but they were designed to make you laugh)
-Cloak Image (custom and not the best in the world)

Cheers.

Last edited by ClockALock on Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
5thHorseman

Re: [Ship] Battledestroyer- Insomniac

Postby 5thHorseman » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:32 pm

Nice looking ship! I like the bleach-white hull and the crystal weapon take on the stealth ships.

One teeny tiny nitpick, the weapons room image is squashed. Use this one instead: :)

My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
ClockALock

Postby ClockALock » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:59 am

5thHorseman wrote:Nice looking ship! I like the bleach-white hull and the crystal weapon take on the stealth ships.

One teeny tiny nitpick, the weapons room image is squashed. Use this one instead: :)

K, I will.

Or I would if superluminal would load my ship properly.
<facepalm>
It's soooooooooo useful but sometimes it agravates me so much.
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:50 am

Just played your ship and had a great time! I got my single highest score ever with it, blowing away my previous high score by over 500 points! 6558, old score 6028. I also got my most ships defeated (62) and Most scrap collected (2917). My ship was fully upgraded in every slot and I'd purchased everything I could. The only thing I could have had as 3 more drones sitting unused in the extra drone bay slots, but all I needed was my defense drone. Oh, and a couple hundred scrap that I simply couldn't spend on anything :)

Once I got a teleporter (and 2 mantises!) the ship became a breeze. Still quite fun but it was so easy I stopped paying attention to my side of the screen. My ship took damage once and I was surprised. :)

Very fun early-game ramp up options. The cloak timing meshes very well with the crystal heavies, I found, and I considered making shields not my #1 priority. Then I woke up and got my head in the game :D

Oh! And I loved the cloak image. Never saw the gibs, though 8-)
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
ClockALock

Postby ClockALock » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:45 am

5thHorseman wrote:Just played your ship and had a great time! I got my single highest score ever with it, blowing away my previous high score by over 500 points! 6558, old score 6028. I also got my most ships defeated (62) and Most scrap collected (2917). My ship was fully upgraded in every slot and I'd purchased everything I could. The only thing I could have had as 3 more drones sitting unused in the extra drone bay slots, but all I needed was my defense drone. Oh, and a couple hundred scrap that I simply couldn't spend on anything :)

Once I got a teleporter (and 2 mantises!) the ship became a breeze. Still quite fun but it was so easy I stopped paying attention to my side of the screen. My ship took damage once and I was surprised. :)

Very fun early-game ramp up options. The cloak timing meshes very well with the crystal heavies, I found, and I considered making shields not my #1 priority. Then I woke up and got my head in the game :D

Oh! And I loved the cloak image. Never saw the gibs, though 8-)

The cloak image was just me taking a smudge tool to the basic image in paint, and I thought it looked cool.
The gibs I set to spin off at max speed in a random direction, so the gib is the entire ship spins in a circle really fast and flies offscreen a=in like a second and a half.
I will probably want to nerf the tp and the drones, but other than that thank you for taking the time to play my ship.
Oh, and I still need to fix my weapons bay.
ClockALock

Re: [Ship] Battledestroyer Insomniac

Postby ClockALock » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:04 am

Now has a type-b under the name "Battledestroyer 2- The Apnea"

4-person teleporter, artillery beam, shields and cloaks, two mantis and two crystals, what more could you ask for?

Weapons and drones, I think.

Go check it out!
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=17240
sjenk

Postby sjenk » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:17 am

Ive installed the mod but i cant select the ship and it seems it has overwritten the stealth cruiser. Did i something wrong?

ClockALock

Postby ClockALock » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:19 am

sjenk wrote:Ive installed the mod but i cant select the ship and it seems it has overwritten the stealth cruiser. Did i something wrong?

Oh, sorry. It is the stealth crusier, I just got used to everyone having all ships unlocked. I'll post a version of both ships that's the kestrel A.