[OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 5.0

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Ilikemultiverse
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:24 am

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 5.0

Postby Ilikemultiverse » Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:16 am

Then I tested with just hyperspace, which seems to be working ok except for a broken tutorial. Then I tried to test out earlier multiverse versions, but I can't join the discord because I clicked on it, went back, and now it says the invite is expired.
alkiamian
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:22 am

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 5.0

Postby alkiamian » Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:32 am

Hi Everyone.

I've just started playing multiverse (its fantastic BTW ^^), I did encounter an error of sorts, which has a place holder image stating "report me".

I was wondering if there is a way to report any issues/BUG's that don't involving using the discord to do so? Can I do so in this thread, or do you have a BUG tracker etc?

Thanks in advance and keep up the great work!
theproffessor
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:22 pm

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 5.0

Postby theproffessor » Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:29 pm

Anyone having issue with the scrap arm? Doesn't seem to be doing anything on this new 5.0. Everything seems awesome otherwise!
Janonas
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:45 pm

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 5.0

Postby Janonas » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:49 pm

Shouldnt there be a rebel variant of the human soldier? I find it strange that "elite federation soldiers" and rebel soldiers share the same uniform. There is a variant of the medic and the regular humans, the engineer and MFK elites are rebel specific, so why is the soldier the only one to not recieve a rebel version?
Shadewing
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:41 pm

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 5.0

Postby Shadewing » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:18 am

theproffessor wrote:Anyone having issue with the scrap arm? Doesn't seem to be doing anything on this new 5.0. Everything seems awesome otherwise!

HI, fairly sure the arm is increasing the scrap rewards. I was looking at some of the event data files and an event that should have given a set amount of scrap gave me a larger amount. I was on normal difficulty and challenge so the only modifier I can think of would be the scrap arm.
User avatar
TheMultiverseTeam
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:41 pm

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 5.0

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:41 am

alkiamian wrote:I was wondering if there is a way to report any issues/BUG's that don't involving using the discord to do so? Can I do so in this thread, or do you have a BUG tracker etc?

The discord is the only reliable way to get bug reports seen quickly. I do check the forums eventually, but usually only when I'm updating it for other things.

theproffessor wrote:Anyone having issue with the scrap arm? Doesn't seem to be doing anything on this new 5.0. Everything seems awesome otherwise!

The way scrap arm displays was changed by hyperspace. The scrap value you see in the box is the value after it's been adjusted, rather than before.

Janonas wrote:Shouldnt there be a rebel variant of the human soldier? I find it strange that "elite federation soldiers" and rebel soldiers share the same uniform. There is a variant of the medic and the regular humans, the engineer and MFK elites are rebel specific, so why is the soldier the only one to not recieve a rebel version?

Adding new crew types is kind of annoying, and in the case of soldiers the sprite would likely be only slightly different regardless. It's possible when the Legion/Rebel update comes around (planned to be 5.4) they'll get something, but its not super high priority.
Image
Ilikemultiverse
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:24 am

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 5.0

Postby Ilikemultiverse » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:56 pm

I tried doing the same thing again, and the only difference is that the credits and quit options appeared.
GoodtimerJ
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:29 am

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 5.0

Postby GoodtimerJ » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:44 am

Made an account just to ask a question!

How close is Multiverse to your standards of completion/satisfaction? I like to wait for a developer to get thier work to what they envision, and I have been waiting oh so patiently for this overhaul. With the release of 5.0, would you say FTL: Multiverse represents your intended experience? What more do you wish to add?

I have a whole family who has done FTL for years, and I think they would all love this. We would all have different save files, so we could "cover more ground" and see who unlocks what!

Thanks for all your and your teams hard work! I look forward to diving into the Multiverse!
User avatar
TheMultiverseTeam
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:41 pm

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 5.0

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:10 pm

GoodtimerJ wrote:How close is Multiverse to your standards of completion/satisfaction? I like to wait for a developer to get thier work to what they envision, and I have been waiting oh so patiently for this overhaul. With the release of 5.0, would you say FTL: Multiverse represents your intended experience? What more do you wish to add?

MV won't be entirely feature complete until 6.0 (which is the technical final update, though I intend to continue supporting the mod for as long as theres any sort of sizeable community around it with some addons and bug fix patches), but the mod is already relatively close to finished compared to its total lifespan so far. There's a lot more to add (and a balance patch coming soon) but 5.0 I'm overall very satisfied with. 6.0 won't be coming around for another year or so though, so unless you're VERY patient you might not want to wait that long lol.
Image

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 27 guests