[SHIPS] Exalted Rock and Extra Missiles

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
porcu93

[SHIPS] Exalted Rock and Extra Missiles

Postby porcu93 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:01 pm

WARNING: THIS SHIP PACK REQUIRES HYPERSPACE AS IT USES VARIATIONS OF ALREADY EXISTING AUGMENTS, WHICH ARE ALL HIDDEN (EXCLUDING ONE).

Have you ever wondered what would have happened if the Rock had a boom in their technological progress? Sounds silly, because I don't know how to explain why I decided to make a ship pack with 3 Rock ships equipped with better Rock Armour and new (and probably broken for some of them) missile weaponry. Don't worry, even though you can find them in stores or get them via events, enemy ships will not use them.
Before talking about each ship, here's the weaponry I've made for this pack, in alphabetical order:

Artemis Flak Missiles:
Power required: 3
Cost: 100
Rarity: 4
Attack: 4 missiles fired at once like a flak with a radius of 90, each missile deals 2 damage with a 10% chance for fire, breach and/or stun.
Cooldown: 20 seconds.
Requires 2 missiles.
Trivia: the missile image is a smaller version of the one fired by the actual Artemis Missiles, while the launcher itself is from the Swarm Missiles with the charging animation modified to have one extra charging light and no "Nth missile fired" light.

Burst Missiles Mark II
Power required: 2
Cost: 80
Attack: 3 missiles, each missile deals 1 damage with a 10% chance of fire or breach.
Cooldown: 12 seconds.
Requires 1 missile.
Trivia: this is basically a Burst Laser Mark II in missile form, and was the first weapon I've coded for this pack.

Enhanced Artemis Missiles
Power required: 1
Cost: 45
Attack: 1 missile, dealing 2 damage with a 10% chance for fire, breach and/or stun.
Cooldown: 10 seconds.
Requires 1 missile.
Trivia: because there are 2 versions of the Artemis Missiles in the game, I simply took the best from both: the 1 power requirement from the player's variant plus the 10 seconds cooldown from the enemy's variant.

Enhanced Fire Bomb
Cost: 60
Attack: 1 bomb, deals no damage whatsoever but will always start a fire.
Cooldown: 10 seconds.
Requires 1 missile.
Trivia: I've always thought that the Fire Bomb could be dangerous when boarding, even with Rock crew, as it deals crew damage, so I've removed that damage. And because the crew damage has been removed, the power and cooldown have been decreased.

FireFlak Missiles
Cost: 75
Attack: 5 missiles fired at once like a flak with a radius of 90, each missile deals 1 damage and will always start a fire, but has the crew damage negated.
Cooldown: 13 seconds.
Requires 2 missiles.
Trivia: this is the first time I make a flak weapon from scratch, it took me a little bit to get the stuff properly done, but thankfully the vanilla blueprint of the Swarm Missile had exactly what I needed: spin set to 0 and speed set to 45.

Fire Leto Missiles
Cost: 40
Attack: 1 missile, deals 1 system damage and will always start a fire.
Cooldown: 9 seconds.
Requires 1 missile.
Trivia: because this Leto Missiles variant deals no hull damage, it will also bypass Zoltan shields, so you can work on burning down the ship while you work on removing the supershields with the FireFlak.

Hull-Breaching Missiles:
Power required: 3
Cost: 70
Attack: 1 missile, dealing 4 damage and will always breach the room hit.
Cooldown: 17 seconds.
Requires 1 missile.
Trivia: the missile is dark gray with those red bits bigger to indicate that it's a different and more devastating missile, as the missile launcher got the same treatment, with the charging lights working differently.

Multi-Ion Leto Missiles:
Cost: 50
Attack: 1 missile, dealing 1 damage and 1 ion damage plus another 1 ion damage to the shields if they were up and got pierced, with a 10% chance of fire, breach and/or stun.
Cooldown: 9 seconds.
Requires 1 missile.
Trivia: this is the first time I see how a shield piercing ion weapon works, so I've learned that the ion damage (and the stun chance) to the shield will be always dealt if the shields are up, hence the "Multi-Ion" in the weapon's name.

Stun-Lock-Breach Bomb
Cost: 45
Attack: 1 bomb, dealing 2 system damage, 2 crew damage, 1 ion damage, 10 seconds stun and will always breach and block the room hit.
Cooldown: 12 seconds.
Requires 1 missile.
Trivia: this is more or less a combination of the Stun Bomb, the Lock-down Bomb and the Breach Bomb I, and it's the main weapon to crew kill with the third ship in this pack.

And with them taken care of, let's talk about the ships. All three ships have their own quirk and personalized cloaking image, but they all start with an improved Rock Armor that can negate hull damage 50% of the time and system damage 10% of the time, which is infused into the whole hull and floor (just an excuse to say it's an hidden augment). All the ships also have an Improved Explosive Replicator with the chance to not use missiles set to 80%, which is also an hidden augment. And to make sure a your missiles need won't be a problem, each ship will start with 150 missiles, have fun with them.

This ship is what I imagine the Kestrel if the Rock were to remake it as one of their Rock Cruiser, at least for the hull coloring. I know what you're going to say: "why did you give the ship only one power in engines?". And the answer is simple: because it has 6 power in weapons, and the damage will be negated by the Exalted Rock Armor even more frequently. This is also the strongest ship in terms of starting loadout, as you can power up everything, excluding medbay.

Your obvious fire boarding 4 man teleporting 4 men medbay Rock Cruiser at your service, with weaponry that will always start a fire plus something that can deal with auto-ships if needed. You have enough power to power all systems excluding the medbay or the FireFlak Missile depending on what you're facing. The ship also has level 2 piloting to have the rare chance of a dodge during a full boarding and a level 2 sensors to not waste time when looking what the enemy has. The extra money gained will be useful if you need to change loadout to kill the Flagship. And yes, this ship is a reference to the BMW M3 GTR from "Need For Speed: Most Wanted" from 2005 for the name (look at the escape after beating Razor) and the hull paint job (change the red into blue and the black into gray).

No, I didn't take the Rock C and added the lines from the Rock A, I got to that color by myself by looking at the color on the Crystal A. And speaking of Crystal: You do get a Crystal crew and a special Crystal weapon (also available in all shops). This ship takes the concept of crew killing and it applies it by using only weapons to do so. If you take a look at the weapons you can see that the missile is to disable and damage systems (and hull), the bomb is to crew killing thanks also to level 2 sensors (and the Slug in case of nebula fights) and the Artemis Flak Missile is to kill the auto ships (and the flagship, because it's a very powerful weapon). You can only power two of them at a time, but you have enough starting power to turn on any weapon combination and every system but medbay. Given that the Artemis Flak Missile is quite OP, the ship doesn't have doors, but at least it comes with 2 and a half Fire Suppression augments stuffed into one single augment slot, and you could also sell it for 40 scrap if you no longer need it. Also, given that it also has Crystal shards embedded into the hull, there is a 5% chance for a chunk to be removed and flying into the enemy to damage it (yup, third hidden augment called Crystal Chunk).
Also, this ship has nothing to do with a certain global pandemic.

This time there are no system changes at all, just plain "adding ships and weapons usable only by the player" thing. So here's the download, ejoy ^_^
v 1.1: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Wr6jZ223pWgqsbsmhkM_rMXsH8FjApk1/view?usp=sharing
v 1.0: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1chERtElasGtzbMFSFUdIJmzp4V23Eoj_/view?usp=sharing

Code: Select all

Changelog:
v 1.1: added a blue option for the quest to recover a ship intact for the Stun-Lock-Breach Bomb.
v 1.0: initial release.
Last edited by porcu93 on Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
porcu93

Re: [SHIPS] Exalted Rock and Extra Missiles

Postby porcu93 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:09 pm

v 1.1: now you can recover a certain ship intact with a new blue option given by the Stun-Lock-Breach Bomb.