[Ship] The Guinevere

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
ItzmeFlez

[Ship] The Guinevere

Postby ItzmeFlez » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:13 pm

Greetings everyone.
Since I made quite a big update on the ship, I decided to rewrite the opening post completely. As the title says this mod contains the "Guinevere", the main ship from the upcoming motion comic series "The Sojourn". The mod replaces the Kestrel A with the ship from the series, while the other files I included will replace the Kestrel B with an early draft of the ship and the Kestrel C with a C version of the Guin. All three ships come with custom weapons, stealth models and a rename of the stealth systems to fit the idea of the RCS thrusters. If you like the ship why not consider checking out the "The Sojourn"? Dan (the Spacedock man) and his team work really hard on the production and I'm sure every view will be appreciated.

Original Sci-Fi Series - The Sojourn
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7CFTOzxsK4

The Sojourn | OFFICIAL TEASER | The Guinevere Revealed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8c9lRo80gs

Huntress Class Corvette "The Guinevere"

An early draft of the Guinevere called "The Huntress"

The C Version of the Guinevere. The model for this version wasmade by yobeefjerky (From the Templin Institute Discord Server)

Starting Equipment
The Guinevere
1x Broken Autogun
1x Autogun II
1x Coilgun I

The Huntress
2x Autogun I
1x Artemis Missile

The Guinevere C
2x Autogun (See the Update post for an explanation on these guns)
1x Artemis Missile

Please note:
To display the weapons as close as possible to how they are used in the comic, weapon mounts 3 and 4 are not visible on both ships, since they are canonically ventrally mounted.

Starting Systems
-Pilot: II (The Guin C starts with Pilot I)
-Weapons: IV (The Huntress starts with Weapons III, the Guin C with Weapons I)
-Engines: III (The Guin C starts with Engines II)
-Medbay: I
-Oxygen: I
-Sensors: I (The Guin C starts with Sensors III)
-Doors: I
-Shields: I
Stealth: I
-Reactor: 10
-Hacking, Drone Control and Teleporter can be purchased. (The Guin C starts with Drone Controll I)

Deckplan

Download
The Guinevere
https://www.dropbox.com/s/w1yzox4vqs7jr ... e.ftl?dl=0

The Guinevere B (The Huntress)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x9l28izrkffhr ... s.ftl?dl=0

The Guinevere C
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ie1e7v5yyf3ls ... C.ftl?dl=0

Updates:
- Room interiors now not in front of doors anymore.
- Shield should now be displayed properly.
- Added cloaking, drone control and teleporter as purchasable systems.
- Added Stealth + Stealth Weapons at level 1.
- Stealth image changed to the Guinevere with active vector thrusters.
- Rooms changed: There are now 2 Airlocks in the weapons compartment. The room between medbay and doors was expanded and now serves as drone control when purchased.
- It is now possible to rename Stealth to Vector Thrusters if you wish.
- Added Debris
- Weapons mounted correctly now. (Thanks to KingdomCrafters for pointing that out)
- NEW VERSION. The Guin now looks as she will do in the motion comic. The early variant has been moved to the Kestrel B slot.
- Custom weapons. New custom weapons with custom sounds have been added to both ships.
- Minor fixes: Drones should now work properly, front Gib doesn't glitch around anymore.
- The Guin now starts with 2 broken Autoguns to counterbalance the Coilguns power.
- Added the C Version of the Guinevere with a new models and new Autoguns. See the update post below for a in depth explanation.

I hope you all enjoy the mod. I will post future updates as soon as they are ready. Good luck beating those pesky rebels!
Last edited by ItzmeFlez on Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:01 pm, edited 9 times in total.
ItzmeFlez

Re: [Ship] The Guinevere

Postby ItzmeFlez » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:07 pm

UPDATE
Hi everyone, it's me again.
The Guinevere mod is finally done and I proudly present it's latest iteration.

The updated version includes:
- A new Stealth model: Instead of just going invisible the Guinevere fires up her vector thrusters to boost maneuvarability and escape imminent death.
- Debris: As every good ship should, the Guin too is now capable of blowing up into several pieces.
- Fixed balancing: With Stealth I and Stealth Weapons available from the start, beating the game should now be doable.
- Fixed room interiors: The room between Medbay and Doors has been expanded to a 2x2 room and now serves as drone control should you decide to purchase it. 2 Airlocks have also been added in the weapons compartment.

Here is a little sneak peak at the new models:

All links and information in the original post habe already been updated, so you can use the links you find there.
I hope you all enjoy the mod! You can look forward to another update as soon as the final design for the huntress class will be released in the first episode of The Sojourn!
KingdomKrafters

Postby KingdomKrafters » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:01 am

That ship looks awesome! I'm away from my computer at the moment so I can't actually play it, but I noticed a few things from the screenshots you uploaded. First off, I found the link to this from the FTL forums, so I realize you're new to modding which is great, so don't be discouraged when people just throw all the bad stuff at you and leave out all the good stuff. First off, the weapon mounts are actually inverted (unless you intended that, then ok), and there isn't a floor image (that grey outline around the rooms). Assuming you made the ship in Superluminal, theres actually and option to auto generate that image.

If you want a tutorial to walk you through the basics of making ships, weapons, and events, I wrote and in depth tutorial on it all (wip). https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MZ-LbQdQ9qG2eNDbAVk6rfabbKJi4_fAV-ARA6IHw2M/edit?usp=sharing
Keep up the great work!
ItzmeFlez

Postby ItzmeFlez » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:00 pm

UPDATE
Hi everyone o/. I'm glad to say it is time for another update and it's a quite big one this time.

This update features:
- A completely overhaul of the Guineveres model! The Guin now looks like she will in the motion comic "The Sojourn"! The new version includes new gibs, a new stealth model and new weapons!
- The old model, now called "The Huntress", is now placed in the Kestrel B slot so you can still have your fun with the old version!
- Custom weapons for both ships. Both the Guinevere and the Huntress come with custom weapons.

- I have also rewritten the opening post of this topic to display all new information.

The new weapons are:

Broken Autogun
A broken version of the Guins autogun. Fires 1 shot.

Autogun I
The basic version of the Autogun. Fires 1 shot.

Autogun I
An upgraded version of the standard Autogun that fires 2 shots.

Coilgun I
A very slow firing, but hard hitting Coilgun. The projectile travel at high speeds and deal 4 damage at impact.

During your journey through the sectors you might also encounter the Autogun III and the Coilgun II in a shop. They use the same sprites as the normal versions of the guns, but function as upgrades.

I hope all of you enjoy the new version of the mod. Have fun beating the rebels with the new weaponry!
ItzmeFlez

Re: [UPDATED] [Ship] The Guinevere

Postby ItzmeFlez » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:50 pm

UPDATE
Greetings everybody o/. I'm back yet again with another Update for the Guinevere!
This time I added a C model with the kind help of Templin Institute Discord Servermember yobeefjerky. While the newest model deviates a bit from the usuall FTL artstyle it features a lot more details than other FTL ships.

For this versions playstyle I came up with a new version of the Autoguns, simply called "Autogun". And this time they live up to their name! With a cooldown of only 4 seconds they are among the fastest firing weapons in the game, but in turn deal no actuall system damage. Use the fast reload, the Guineveres RCS and the level 3 Sensor system to wear down your enemies with breaches and fire while slowly rendering their ship uninhabitable and killing their crew! In addition you get an Artemis missile systems to inflict damage to enemy systems should the need arise as well as a boarding drone to deal with enemy crew even more effectively in the later stages of the game! As usuall the weaponry of the Guinevere A and Huntress can be encountered in shops during your adventures.

This update features:
- A new and more detailled model for the Guinevere! Shoutout to yobeefjerky ones again for making it!
- The new version will replace the Kestrel C Cruiser.
- Another custom version of the Autogun, designed to wear down your enemy through constant fire and hull breaches.

The new Weapon:

The Autogun
While it deals no system damage the new Autogun features a fast reload rate as well as a high breach and fire chance and full shield piercing. Perfect for targeting and slowly killing your enemies crew!