Search found 206 matches

by Agent_L
Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:31 pm
Forum: Technical Support and Bugs
Topic: Exploit: Repair Drone + Drone Recovery Arm = free repairs
Replies: 5
Views: 11771

Re: Exploit: Repair Drone + Drone Recovery Arm = free repair

Full repair results in average 4 points of hull repaired, so this trick saves you not 1, but 0.5 drone part per jump. (repair arm)I'd say they work out to about the same net benefit. Oh, I disagree. Imho costs of Repair Arm are huge and benefits small. This trick similarly has also quite steep cost ...
by Agent_L
Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:16 pm
Forum: Discussion
Topic: My experice with the game
Replies: 12
Views: 6061

Re: My experice with the game

Ashenai wrote:Also, if you really are up against an enemy you can't realistically beat, running away is always an option.

Exactly. "The one who runs away will live to fight another day."
by Agent_L
Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:13 pm
Forum: Technical Support and Bugs
Topic: Just Lost My Entire Save
Replies: 12
Views: 8804

Re: Just Lost My Entire Save

You know MS Word keeps backup files for exactly this reason, right? "Microsoft Office has crashed. The following files have been recovered..." It's not at all hard to do. This functionality is implemented in MS Word precisely because it is expected to crash. FTL on the other hand is rock-...
by Agent_L
Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:49 pm
Forum: Discussion
Topic: My experice with the game
Replies: 12
Views: 6061

Re: My experice with the game

u1U999Cv205 wrote:I have no idea what to max early in the game because whatever I max, I always have this weakness

Well, maybe that's intentional? Balanced development instead of focusing on one and neglecting the rest?
by Agent_L
Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:55 am
Forum: Technical Support and Bugs
Topic: Bug: Gibberish all over the forum
Replies: 3
Views: 2087

Re: Bug: Gibberish all over the forum

Because the skin does not support this button.
Crappy skin, I know...
by Agent_L
Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:54 am
Forum: Discussion
Topic: More useful stores?
Replies: 16
Views: 7352

Re: More useful stores?

LuniqueKero wrote:[I] wish to have at least a mode where I can have more freedom.

Savescumm before visiting a shop for the first time, and keep rerolling it until it sells exactly what you want.
by Agent_L
Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:46 am
Forum: Technical Support and Bugs
Topic: Rock Ship Unlock Destroyed from Super Nova
Replies: 7
Views: 3461

Re: Rock Ship Unlock Destroyed from Super Nova

Magnianhk wrote:I disabled its weapons so that I could just hang back and wait for it to jump.

Oh, I haven't noticed that!
Number43 wrote:During the fight it's best not to attack it at all.

Indeed. They're not firing, so there is not point at opening fire at them.
by Agent_L
Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:39 am
Forum: Discussion
Topic: Oh god I am so pissed!!
Replies: 9
Views: 4973

Re: Oh god I am so pissed!!

Congratulations,
Here's your posthumous Hero of the Soviet Union medal:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Golde ... al_473.jpg
by Agent_L
Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:28 am
Forum: Discussion
Topic: What The Actual F*CK were you thinking?
Replies: 46
Views: 24803

Re: What The Actual F*CK were you thinking?

I hope OP will meet an Auto-Assault with 5 shields bubbles, insane evasion, synchronized firepower AND drones.
Boss isn't the hardest of them all, simply because it's always same. Once you figure it out, you can kill it anytime.
by Agent_L
Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:37 am
Forum: Discussion
Topic: More useful stores?
Replies: 16
Views: 7352

Re: More useful stores?

I'm not requesting to make the game easier, Its just that I quickly lost this feeling of control as soon as I understood how the game worked and realised that each game would completely dictate the outcome and that my actions were in some case quite irrelevant. This is the point. It is YOU who has ...