Your Top 3 games?

Talk about anything non-FTL related here.

Moderator: isla

JamieHolt

Your Top 3 games?

Postby JamieHolt » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:20 pm

What are your top 3 games and why is that??? :D
DanielRoberts

Re: Your Top 3 games?

Postby DanielRoberts » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:40 pm

My current top 3 games at this moment in time would be blackops 3, fifa 16 and skyrim 2
JamesSwift

Postby JamesSwift » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:47 am

ATM it would be the witcher, battlefield and fallout 4 some interesting releases to come this year can't wait :D
:shock: :shock: :D :shock:
GamerPaul92

Postby GamerPaul92 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:30 am

Wouldn't say I have a top 3 games but I could give you my number one game.. Battlefield :D
HD Gameeeer
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:47 pm

My top three games of all time:

Red Alert 2
Doom (any wad)
FTL

Neverwinter Nights 2 (any module) comes in close though. And the Sims 3. And the Civilization series. Yeah it's hard to nail my top three games of all time.
You see, my top games are from many different factors. Replayability, childhood memories and FTL.

There are other games out there which I might sink 200 hours or so into but overall don't really count as my top game as I probably won't pick them up again.
I think the main reason why I like them so much is that they're "transitional games." I might have finished a long RPG or something or I'm waiting for someone. I load up a quick game of one of those three and can get something done in a few hours which can be easily paused and resumed at a later date (or in Red Alert 2's case, it crashes and I don't care. I was winning anyway).

Others like the Tycoon series (Transport, Railroad, Roller Coaster) or X-COM are "waiting games" where you wait for things to happen and require an extensive Yotube series to watch in my impatient adulthood as I can't sit idly waiting for new things to happen (Tycoons) or loading screens (Sims) or require some serious effort to win and losing is most definitely NOT fun (X-COM).

I guess if you want specifics on "top recent games":

Xenoblade Chronicles X
Civilization: Beyond Earth
FTL

But those first two will fade away in time as background noise as the years go by. FTL is very resilient surprisingly enough. Guess it's all the mods and stuff.
Chloe67

Postby Chloe67 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:11 pm

I have been smashing out rise of the TombRaider its addicting stuff haha... I have also been playing two other games a bit aswell Lego adventures, if you love the older lego games then you are sure to love this one!!!! Resident Evil Origins Collection aswell is another favorite and a great edition to the Resident Evil collection :P :P
FTL 4 LIFE
Playerbyname

Postby Playerbyname » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:15 pm

Interesting topic, will have a look soon and make sure to come back and submit a feedback. Currently playing
rjack

Postby rjack » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:34 am

My top 3 games are-

1. Assassin's Creed II
2. Killzone 2
3. Vanquish
JamesGoblin

Postby JamesGoblin » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:55 pm

1.Warhammer Online

2.World of Warcraft (Vanilla / BC)

3.Age of Conan
Tetragon213

Postby Tetragon213 » Tue May 17, 2016 1:16 pm

My top 3 games are:
1) The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. I'm a huge fan of the Zelda series in general, and this game really hits the ball out of the park. Great gameplay, brilliant story and really great feel to the game, even if it is crazy terrifying and doom-filled!
2) The Last of Us. I haven't finished it yet since I suck :D , but I can tell that was money well spent. I really like how Naughty Dog managed to do such a good job with the plot and characters. It's just a shame I suck so bad I can't finish it...
3) Portal 1/2: These games are just too good to separate. They're both amazing, challenging and humourous in their own VALVe way. I also enjoyed the "Physics is a weapon" concept from HL2 carried over to solve puzzles rather than just destroy.

Honourable Mention: Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. Ah, the pinnacle of the Call of Duty series before its terrifying plunge into hell. This was one of the games I got with my PS3 all those years ago, and I have to say it's unfortunate the remaster is only available with the new game.