Save Game Backup Tool

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
SWSMAN

Save Game Backup Tool

Postby SWSMAN » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:04 am

Hi all,
I'm new here so please be patient as I have not yet had time to read all the posts in the Forum, after getting this FTL Game I quickly realised it was a very unique game and one that I really enjoy playing though I did find the lack of quick save and quick load to be very annoying so I decided to make a little application to Backup and Restore game Saves, as I'm new to it all so It took me a quite a while to put it together but I think its ready though please note I am running Windows 7 so I cannot guarantee it will work on XP though it should work on Vista fine.
I know there is bound to be some one out there who has already made one and its more that likely way better than mine but I have not cone across it yet and I thought I would share my work to benefit others.

If you have any problems with it let me know, and I will try and sort it out.

also drop us a message if you found it useful.

I am not sure if I am allowed to link files here but I can say this is all my work and it contains no pirated files.

Download:
http://www.filedropper.com/ftlsavegamebackup_1
or
http://www.sendspace.com/file/51s6v2

PASSWORD IS: FTL

If the links expire please let me know I will re-upload

Enjoy.

Many thanks.

SWSMAN
UltraMantis

Re: Save Game Backup Tool

Postby UltraMantis » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:15 am

Hello and welcome.

This tool will probably finds it's likers and dislikers. FTL is a rougelike game, and one of the features of such is having no ability to savescumm. FTL was originally designed without any savegame system, but during the beta testing period, i think pressure was put on the devs by the community to introduce it for cases when it's impossible to continue playing.

If save scumming is possible, it will be used. However it's a personal choice so opponents of the practise will have little to complain about.

There exists a Savegame Checkpoint Script for Macs only. With this new tool, PC users will have access to something similar.

I'm moving the topic to Working Mods. Even though this is not strictly a mod, it fits there better. Cheers for your work and gift to the community.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
SWSMAN

Postby SWSMAN » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:12 pm

Thank you for your comment and moving this to a new section, I hope someone makes good use of it, I may also make a slimmed down version that only uses 1 backup to allow others a choice.

Many thanks

Steve.
Adama

Postby Adama » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:35 pm

hello there,
i just happened to stumble upon this topic and the links for the application are both dead,
is there any chance you could give us a new link to download it?
thank you
Catfishking666

Postby Catfishking666 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:48 am

the links are still dead will this ever be fixed?