FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
FearTheBlaziken
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:25 am

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Postby FearTheBlaziken » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:45 am

Just found a hidden issue with CE due to the random sector names

Code: Select all

<sectorType name="HOSTILE">
   <sector>SE_REBEL_SECTOR</sector>
   <sector>SE_OUTLAW_SECTOR</sector>
   <sector>SE_MANTIS_SECTOR</sector>
   <sector>SE_MANTIS_HOME</sector>
   <sector>SE_ROCK_SECTOR</sector>
   <sector>SE_ROCK_HOME</sector>
   
   <sector>SE_AI_SECTOR</sector>
   <sector>SE_FED_SECTOR</sector>
   <sector>SE_AUTO_SECTOR</sector>
   <sector>SE_PIRATE_HOME</sector>
</sectorType>
<sectorType name="OVERRIDE_HOSTILE">
   <sector>SE_REBEL_SECTOR</sector>
   <sector>SE_OUTLAW_SECTOR</sector>
   <sector>SE_MANTIS_SECTOR</sector>
   <sector>SE_MANTIS_HOME</sector>
   <sector>SE_ROCK_SECTOR</sector>
   <sector>SE_ROCK_HOME</sector>
   
   <sector>SE_LANIUS_SECTOR</sector>

   <sector>SE_AI_SECTOR</sector>
   <sector>SE_FED_SECTOR</sector>
   <sector>SE_AUTO_SECTOR</sector>
   <sector>SE_PIRATE_HOME</sector>
</sectorType>

REBEL_SECTOR_MINIBOSS/Rebel Stronghold is not among these lists, is this an intentional lore change or simply a bug?
Image

I polish other mods because I am too lazy to make my own.
Whiskeyjack105
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:16 pm

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Postby Whiskeyjack105 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:20 pm

Hey guys, could use some help

I've been playing Captain's Edition for several years now, off and on

I just came back after the new FTL patch and did a fresh install with steam and all the mods

My load order is
Resource Pack 1.308
Captains Edition 1.308
Music Addon 1.301
Infinite Addon 1.301b
CE Additional Music Infinite Compatebility Patch 1.0
EL Texture Pack1.27
CE Endless loot addon 1.308

thats it,, pretty bare bones

Now everything runs great for the most part but sometimes, very rarely on random deep space sectors I will crash at some beacons. It happens far more often than it ever has before since the update, and sometimes it will erase my save data

Just lost a stealth ship run that was completely decked out :\ pretty bummed about it. If anyone could offer some advice or if I just need to wait for a new update..Maybe just a fresh install. please let me know!!
Iviv
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:24 pm

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Postby Iviv » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:42 pm

I just had an issue with a dead beacon.

Load order:
BPB 1.3.1
CE Res 1.308
CE 1.308
BPB compatability 1.0
CE Inf 1.301b
EX tex 1.27
CE EL for Inf 1.308
CE non EL enemies 1.26
Expanded enemy window 1.2
Randrel 1.3.0


Lost the save, so I can't recall everything, but I'm 99% sure it was at a nebula beacon with an enemy ship highlighted from my long range scanners augment.
So, I jumped to the beacon, and just nothing happened. The background loaded up, but no ships, no options to jump or anything, and the mouse cursor wasn't moving in game. Killed the game through task manager since I couldn't do anything else, but seems that killed the save along with it.
User avatar
Jumbocarrot0
Posts: 396
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:18 am
Location: My current location.

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:25 pm

Iviv wrote:I just had an issue with a dead beacon.

Load order:
BPB 1.3.1
CE Res 1.308
CE 1.308
BPB compatability 1.0
CE Inf 1.301b
EX tex 1.27
CE EL for Inf 1.308
CE non EL enemies 1.26
Expanded enemy window 1.2
Randrel 1.3.0


Lost the save, so I can't recall everything, but I'm 99% sure it was at a nebula beacon with an enemy ship highlighted from my long range scanners augment.
So, I jumped to the beacon, and just nothing happened. The background loaded up, but no ships, no options to jump or anything, and the mouse cursor wasn't moving in game. Killed the game through task manager since I couldn't do anything else, but seems that killed the save along with it.



Had a similar problem, and I still do. This a common case of FTL using up too much memory for your computer to handle. That is common with endless loot. There are some tools online that allow you to make the computer devote more memory into the game.
Image
Kalokohan117
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu May 03, 2018 11:17 am

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Postby Kalokohan117 » Thu May 03, 2018 12:55 pm

Is there still new content being develop on FTL:CE?

I also want the author of FTL:CE to know that me and many of my friends are enjoying this interstellarly spectacular mod :D
User avatar
Sleeper Service
Posts: 2305
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:49 pm

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Postby Sleeper Service » Thu May 03, 2018 1:35 pm

Ha thanks, glad you get something out of it. I didn't develop new content since a few years, but I might still push another bug fix patch at some point. I'm just really busy with finishing my standalone game right now. ;)
Xanderon
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:58 pm

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Postby Xanderon » Sun May 06, 2018 10:17 am

Hey, have u though maybe of trying to rewrite HighRes Backgrounds and Planets 2.0 to CE as an addon maybe? it would be very nice to use them both tho :v
Chronosplit
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:57 pm

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Postby Chronosplit » Sun May 06, 2018 11:36 am

Xanderon wrote:Hey, have u though maybe of trying to rewrite HighRes Backgrounds and Planets 2.0 to CE as an addon maybe? it would be very nice to use them both tho :v

Use this: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15663&start=6440#p109744
Xanderon
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:58 pm

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Postby Xanderon » Sun May 06, 2018 1:25 pm

Chronosplit wrote:
Xanderon wrote:Hey, have u though maybe of trying to rewrite HighRes Backgrounds and Planets 2.0 to CE as an addon maybe? it would be very nice to use them both tho :v

Use this: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15663&start=6440#p109744


Does this work with 2.0? it's about 1.3 from what i see
Chronosplit
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:57 pm

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Postby Chronosplit » Mon May 07, 2018 6:18 pm

Xanderon wrote:
Chronosplit wrote:
Xanderon wrote:Hey, have u though maybe of trying to rewrite HighRes Backgrounds and Planets 2.0 to CE as an addon maybe? it would be very nice to use them both tho :v

Use this: https://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic ... 40#p109744


Does this work with 2.0? it's about 1.3 from what i see

From what I've used it with it does.

Last I checked the compatibility patch for better backgrounds and planets didn't really need much of a change for 2.0, so same with this I guess.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests