The Onyx Series

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Turbo_Scrooge

The Onyx Series

Postby Turbo_Scrooge » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:06 am

I made a new mod!
It has three new, specialized, improved, 50% off, buy one get one free, buy one for the price of three and get two free, rock ships. (sorry)
The first is a rock stealth fighter, so it starts with good engines and cloak but no shields.
I took the original hull from CE, then recolored it to make the others.
NEW UPDATE :lol:
I fixed a bunch or REALLY nitpicky things I found. (the station glows were really slightly off)
Here is the floor plan:
It starts with a laser charger plus and a small bomb.
here is the link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lzi7xmrcjl2kmsg/The%20Red%20Onyx%202.2.ftl?dl=0
The second is a rock infiltrator. It has good engines, but a weak weapons loadout. It has a basic laser and a mini beam.
Picture:
Download Link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/l6k64xc5rvmx7gj/Green%20Onyx.ftl?dl=0
The third is a missile battery, it has a leto and a hull missile, plus explosive replicator.
Download Link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gp57lrn4la62kz2/BlueOnyx.ftl?dl=0
Last edited by Turbo_Scrooge on Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:37 pm, edited 10 times in total.
I goof off on superluminal. If I make something cool, the I post it.
Justin
Site Admin

Re: The Onyx

Postby Justin » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:33 pm

Nice job with the art, it looks legit. Sounds like it'd be quite the challenge too. What's the room layout look like?
If you're having hull problems, I feel bad for you son. I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:04 pm

Justin wrote:Nice job with the art, it looks legit.

Turbo_Scrooge wrote:I took the hull from CE

you should always ask people for permission to use their art, especially between fellow modders, instead of just taking it

if you have already asked permission you should include that, but if you haven't, you should've already done so before posting

EDIT:
you are missing a miniship image which is the image you see when you go to the list of ships
also, level 3 cloaking right off the bat seems a little much. maybe pump it down to level 2. I see what you're trying to do by making it a stealth ship, and I wouldn't go down to level 1. remove a power bar as well maybe? would keep power management theme there and that seems to be the model followed by most vanilla ships -- all systems powered except engines -1 with that power going into medbay
I am liking the symmetry of the room layout as well as the crew in terms of fitting a ship
maybe you wanna change the ship being replaced to rock A or B? might seem to go better with the rock human diversity rather than kestrel A
Turbo_Scrooge

Postby Turbo_Scrooge » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:25 am

I will get right on it! Also, I cannot get my gibs to work
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:30 am

mr_easy_money wrote:
Turbo_Scrooge wrote:I took the hull from CE

you should always ask people for permission to use their art, especially between fellow modders, instead of just taking it

IIRC Sleeper Service is okay with people taking assets from CE, due to its Creative Commons licensing or somesuch. I've certainly seen a lot of people take bits and bobs from CE, at any rate, and I've done it myself.

That having been said, it's always good to ask permission to use other people's art, just on principle. Sleeper just happens to be a special exception.
Turbo_Scrooge

Re: The Red Onyx

Postby Turbo_Scrooge » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:05 pm

Cool, thanks (I asked anyways)
Turbo_Scrooge

Re: The Onyx Series

Postby Turbo_Scrooge » Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:50 am

Should I nerf the second one?