[MOD][WIP] FTL: Overdrive

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Vhati

Re: [MOD][WIP] FTL: Overdrive

Postby Vhati » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:36 am

codyfun123 wrote:It would be nice for Vhati's Overdrive to have its own thread, given that the original owner of this thread is MIA.

*clickety-click*

Thread: OverdriveGDX
gasomatic

Postby gasomatic » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:53 am

i very much like this idea. I've wanted to make new augments and weapon effects(like fire) for ages! finally the wait is nearing an end. Hopefully this will make ship editing WAAYYY easier. :D
Tetron the Engi

Postby Tetron the Engi » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:27 pm

OP PROJECT GOAL: BETTER FUTURE FOR FTL. SPREADING NEWS OF THIS PROJECT ACROSS STEAM DISCUSSIONS. GOOD LUCK, PILOT. HOPEFULNESS FOR MULTILAYER WORKING: 185%
SUͪͥB͐M̈̆I̔̓T́ ͮYͮͬ̐OỦ͐̃RSͣË́ͦL̅̅Fͯ̿ T̈́Ȍ T̂ͤȞE̓͆ ̓́͑̓̈͗͒Eͪ͗NͮͪGI̿ ͪM̒̈̏̍ͬA͊STͪEͥ́̀͑͂͌Rͯ̈́ RAC͆̉Ėͣ
DarkPhoenix141

Postby DarkPhoenix141 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:32 am

So, lemme get this straight:

FTL, probably one of the most indie games out there, is being remade by a modder to support modding but not endorsing piracy and thus meaning everyone wins?

On top of that it's helping mod development by making the current system more mod friendly?

In which case:
HOLY FUCK THIS IS AMAZING

If not:
Someone get on that.

Really, the only problem I see with this is the fact that mods will require overdrive instead of the original game, meaning mods that use Overdrive instead of the base game (Even if the things done within the Overdrive mod are completely possible with the current FTL game), so users will require Overdrive for some mods and standard for others.

If this is done after my work-in-progress projects get done I'll get right on this :D
This is no easy mission...

BUT YOU SON. YOU WERE BORN FOR IT.

And remember:

GODS WILL BE WATCHING
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:54 am

DarkPhoenix141 wrote:So, lemme get this straight:

FTL, probably one of the most indie games out there, is being remade by a modder to support modding but not endorsing piracy and thus meaning everyone wins?

On top of that it's helping mod development by making the current system more mod friendly?

In which case:

If not:
Someone get on that.

Really, the only problem I see with this is the fact that mods will require overdrive instead of the original game, meaning mods that use Overdrive instead of the base game (Even if the things done within the Overdrive mod are completely possible with the current FTL game), so users will require Overdrive for some mods and standard for others.

If this is done after my work-in-progress projects get done I'll get right on this :D

It's a huge project and it takes forever... especially after AE. so it may not happen in the next few years.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
dalolorn

Postby dalolorn » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:09 am

R4V3-0N wrote:
DarkPhoenix141 wrote:So, lemme get this straight:

In which case:

If not:
Someone get on that.

It's a huge project and it takes forever... especially after AE. so it may not happen in the next few years.

To my knowledge, it is not even being worked on right now.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:31 pm

hence why I said years
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
CubicEngi

Postby CubicEngi » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:33 am

Dear modder (whatever your username may be) I am an avid fan of FTL and mods in general and I believe what you are doing to be an incredible project. I wish you the best of lucks and I would love to help but currently I do not know s*** about coding. I only have to questions, firstly are you still working on it? And will there be any way for me to put your mod in my IPad?
Omen267901

Postby Omen267901 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:39 pm

CubicEngi wrote:Dear modder (whatever your username may be) I am an avid fan of FTL and mods in general and I believe what you are doing to be an incredible project. I wish you the best of lucks and I would love to help but currently I do not know s*** about coding. I only have to questions, firstly are you still working on it? And will there be any way for me to put your mod in my IPad?

AFAIK this project is dead. If anything it's a pet project that gets worked on for like an hour a month.
Greywolf208

Postby Greywolf208 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:43 am

I have some knowledge of c/c++ and C#, so I am going to attempt to pick this apart and work on it Who knows, maybe I can do something for it! :D :geek:

Ok, I have over-estimated my abilities, so just for me to figure this out will probably take awhile, I will keep working on it, I have too much free time anyways