I've broken FTL forever

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
brokenit

I've broken FTL forever

Postby brokenit » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:49 pm

I'm not really great with this sort of stuff but I'll do my best to explain it. My friend gave me FTL on a memory stick and it worked fine until i tried to install a mod which I'm not really savvy enough to do myself, and that screwed it, it loaded and then the window wouldnt respond. I proceeded to buy the game on steam and the same problem occurred, I've tried deleting local files and downloading the game again and that doesn't work either. I have noticed that a folder in my "my games" folder called faster than light gets a notepad file called ae_prof appears every time after trying to run the game, I've tried deleting that along with deleting local files through steam and it just appears again, hopefully someone can help with the standard ae_prof template or something like that.
ev1l0rd

Re: I've broken FTL forever

Postby ev1l0rd » Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:51 pm

Right click game on steam > Local Files > Verify Integrity of the game cache. This validates all files against Steams files and fixes broken ones. The My Games folder includes your saves, nothing else. So if you had any ships, have fun getting them again.
brokenit

Postby brokenit » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:57 pm

I've verified the local files and it had no problems but the same thing's happened again
isla

Postby isla » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:23 pm

Have you uninstalled the program(s) you used when you attempted to mod it?
brokenit

Postby brokenit » Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:53 pm

I'm pretty sure I deleted all the mod files, when i look for them I can't find any but considering what happens when I try to load it I feel like I may have missed one or two. I tried to be pretty thorough looking for them though. I tried deleting all the local files through steam and redownloading it but that didn't work either.
isla

Postby isla » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:38 pm

@brokenit, I have an idea what might be happening. Send me an email: techsupport@ftlgame.com
brokenit

Postby brokenit » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:02 pm

Thanks for your help guys but I managed to fix it :) I kinda got annoyed and deleted every piece of ftl data i could find including the steamapps folders, then i deleted local files and reinstalled it through steam and it works! Needless to say I won't be trying to install any mods again :lol:
isla

Postby isla » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:21 pm

Haha :D

Glad to hear things are working again!