[Ship][AE] Spider-mom

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
PLIOU

[Ship][AE] Spider-mom

Postby PLIOU » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:00 pm

I was playing FTL and I got very angry with how unfair it gets sometimes and how you end up dead , if you are trying to cruise space with a theoretically solid and not overpowered ship .
You have an expired contract with the goddess of luck out there .
I immediately went to Superluminal and scratched my head to create a new evil spacecraft for my revenge. I couldn't think of something and after a few minutes I forgot how my last game ended.

So after all there was still a revenge in mind . All this frustration led to a ship that gets a revenge for those alien spiders that everyone hates . But why ? Spiders are quite harmless in my country .
That's the random short story of Spider-mom . There is a small gap in the story since you might encounter the friendly spiders and get killed .

Who else but the crazy engi armed with 2 of the boss beams could begin this quest ?
I made a small test and there are death scenarios involved although you are really tough at the beginning . Hard mode is recommended . (there might be things to reconsider so if anyone can make this better , feel free to upgrade this beast or even reconstruct a spider, I made this in a hurry) That's all for now.

You can download it here https://www.dropbox.com/s/qm0ztcatnbfal ... m.ftl?dl=0

Spider-mom
stylesrj

Re: [Ship][AE] Spider-mom

Postby stylesrj » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:28 pm

That ship looks like it's no joke.
FederationScumX1999

Postby FederationScumX1999 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:31 pm

This is a pretty interesting design that I'll definitely be trying out. Would've been a little better if the beams were guaranteed to start fires or create breaches to emulate venom-seeping, but it's still pretty cool nonetheless. :D
The future hinges on each of a thousand choices. Living is making choices! - Captain Jean-Luc Picard
chris9774

Postby chris9774 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:29 am

The link doesn't work anymore ;-; could post another?
Ultrasouew333

Postby Ultrasouew333 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:14 pm

The link is broken and I need this ship. Please, can anybody give me the file?
porcu93

Postby porcu93 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:50 pm

So, I've remade this ship, the problem comes with the original shields image and the cloaking image: for the first one I don't have the artistic hand to make it, so I opted for the Zoltan Cruiser shield image, for the second one I tried a few times, but every attempt wasn't satisfactory enough, so I decided to not add one. For the missing systems I've improvised, so it may not be a 100% recreation, but it's still a restoration/recreation, more or less. Also, there are no gibs. If you have the will and the time, feel free to add what I couldn't do myself. Anyway, here's the link, have fun: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1H3Q_1ICQcACEHWN9FerePUB12pHdQ42Z/view?usp=sharing