Fleet removal on ipad

General discussion about the game.
LordAshram

Fleet removal on ipad

Postby LordAshram » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:54 pm

I know this exists on the PC wish there was a version like it for the ipad. I want to just play the game a little endlessly, exploring the universe and building up my ship. I hate being forced to fight the big boss at the end, who had onestly feels like a cheesy to me. Any chance this could ever happen?
stylesrj

Re: Fleet removal on ipad

Postby stylesrj » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:08 pm

It hasn't been done on the PC, unless you count infinite Space and CE Infinite as "endless exploring." You still have to fight the boss in the end.

There are also mods that remove the fleet progression so you have plenty of time to build up to fight the boss in the end. But I'm not sure if they can be transferred to the iPad and used there.
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:18 pm

Infinite space actually is infinite, and you only fight the boss once you disable it.

The bigger issue here is that modding on iOS is....I'm not sure whether it's extremely difficult, or outright impossible, but it's one of the two.
LordAshram

Postby LordAshram » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:02 am

Yeah... I suppose I wish that the makers of the game would add something that got rid of the fleet entirely... Like you can toggle it on and off. The game has such potential for a somewhat infinite crawl, you know?
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:21 am

LordAshram wrote:Yeah... I suppose I wish that the makers of the game would add something that got rid of the fleet entirely... Like you can toggle it on and off. The game has such potential for a somewhat infinite crawl, you know?

And defeat the point of the game where you must find the best way to quickly build up the best ship for the final boss fight?

By the way, the bossfight is very cheesy and is a big cliché but what would you rather have instead of facing a massive overpowered ship? A whole bunch of text where the wrong option blows you up? Facing several ships until you die in a blaze of glory and make your whole journey seem rather pointless?
LordAshram

Postby LordAshram » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:25 pm

Well, not completely remove it from every version... That's why I suggested it as an option.

But I think a lot of people like the idea of changing the objective a bit, as an alternative, and allowing the player a bit more time with their ship and crew, carefully building it up and exploring a ton. The mods that allow that are hugely popular, after all. I think that would be nice... I don't personally love how rushed it feels at time:(
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:11 am

stylesrj wrote:
LordAshram wrote:Yeah... I suppose I wish that the makers of the game would add something that got rid of the fleet entirely... Like you can toggle it on and off. The game has such potential for a somewhat infinite crawl, you know?

And defeat the point of the game where you must find the best way to quickly build up the best ship for the final boss fight?

By the way, the bossfight is very cheesy and is a big cliché but what would you rather have instead of facing a massive overpowered ship? A whole bunch of text where the wrong option blows you up? Facing several ships until you die in a blaze of glory and make your whole journey seem rather pointless?

maybe instead make a "endless" version as a mod as well as it being less buggy and better enemy scalling- technically incorporating "infinite" into the main game and also free up resources and new coding to help modders in events, level scaling, etc?

I do not see the harm in them making a short other game mode- could be the reward for winning in all the type A's or what ever. quite afew retro games or old games got a 'cheats' menu (that disables score and other stuff) as well as other modes as a reward.... this is just me wanting a bit extra for the game and ready to explore new stuff right away ^^;
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.