[SHIP] Federation Defender

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
R4V3-0N

Re: [SHIP] Federation Defender

Postby R4V3-0N » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:54 am

Whiskeynights wrote:Have the bug fixes gonna be done? Or has this mod been forgotten?

It's on hold at the momment. Bug fixes are slowly getting there way fixed but it's on the after burner so to say.

I am currently focusing more on expanding weapons because as the more and more ships I make the more and more I feel that I have to rush to make a unique weapon for it and half the time I change my mind later (ie with the type C here) or the product isn't well polished as it should've been.

Do not worry. I hope you will enjoy the weapon mods that I am creating at the moment. GO BALLISTIC! is getting an update soon, I am just doing some animations and some minor tweaking and also you can expect some weapons themed on a game much has grown affectionate to: Portal.

I am also planning to make that said weapon pack to be the first to have event mods by me and so it may take a bit of time after initial release. I will release events later and after this you may expect a ship that uses the equipment.

Equipment you may see soon will include but not limited too...

Gauss Rifles.
Coil guns.
Rail guns.
Auto cannons.
Rotary cannons.
chemical lasers and beams.
"red" ion blast (name is in WIP.)
Particle Projection cannons.
etc.

I also got some weapons that I am keeping for myself so to say and will not share any news on them until later.

stay tuned.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
FederationScumX1999

Postby FederationScumX1999 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:30 pm

Definitely looking forward to this mod. Never got to try it out before the download went down. -w-;
The future hinges on each of a thousand choices. Living is making choices! - Captain Jean-Luc Picard
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:05 am

It will be fixed soon young one, however before this will be fixed I will first update my FIRST released mod ever to AE...
This being the type C for it.

And here is another ship in the WIP...

I also should note that also I am working on the weapon packs which I mentioned on my last post here.
I already released the gauss rifle, coil gun, autocannon, rotary autocannon, added in the ultra autocannon and machine guns and drones for those.

And I also already done the coding and art for the anion blast, barrage lasers, chemical lasers, etc. waiting to come out in the next update soon.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
FederationScumX1999

Postby FederationScumX1999 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:27 pm

R4V3-0N wrote:It will be fixed soon young one, however before this will be fixed I will first update my FIRST released mod ever to AE...

Looks like a fighter with all that engine power behind it.

R4V3-ON wrote:And here is another ship in the WIP...

That second ship looks like a proper top-down view of the Federation Cruisers you see in the background, which is rather nifty.
The future hinges on each of a thousand choices. Living is making choices! - Captain Jean-Luc Picard
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:18 am

FederationScumX1999 wrote:
R4V3-0N wrote:It will be fixed soon young one, however before this will be fixed I will first update my FIRST released mod ever to AE...

Looks like a fighter with all that engine power behind it.

R4V3-ON wrote:And here is another ship in the WIP...

That second ship looks like a proper top-down view of the Federation Cruisers you see in the background, which is rather nifty.

The first one was originally named "Federation Light Artillery [platform?]" as my first mod which the 1st version did start out with 8 engines however my re-do will have it at 4 (max without breaking hanger UI) and such. It has no shields to start with either. where the first version so far has a load out with 1 defense drone, 1 anti ship drone (both the mk 3's from my ballistics mod) and then an autocannon mk I (picture a worse basic laser but a cannon). the second version has a sys repair drone, a pair of lasers (picture mini beam but is the focus beam from CE as well, so it's a bad beam overal but trades it of for slightly faster dps, in a way it's a basic laser that can't knock shields down BUT can never miss... oh and it starts with only 1 power so you have to wait to upgrade to use both because I'm evil) and also an ion boarding drone and cloaking. the third (the one you saw) has a 2 man teleporter and clonebay (zoltan, lanius, and a human I believe is starting crew) and it's only weapons is a machine gun mk II (15 bio damage per 3 seconds but can't do anything else- including pierce shields... but it costs 0 energy to fire (requires ANY ammount of power in system in the first place to use however)) and a light autocannon (picture my standard autocannon but lights fires [sometimes] and only sys damage) while for drones it has a boarding drone and a stun ion drone (however enough power to only use 1 without upgrades to system).

of course these are subject to change, but that's how it'll go atm. working on ballancing and augment changes. But anyway you can still findmy earlier mod on the forums just don't necro it. Also the download files may not work but you can check the coding to see how they may role.

Overall they will be renamed to "Federation artillery Frigate" after CE's designation as it is integrated to CE under the militia.
You are right by the fact it has good engines.

The 2nd ship is exactly what you said- it is the "Federation Fleet Cruiser 2". not sure to go with standard fed weapons, new simular weapons (ie my upcoming barrage laser), or go with ballistics.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
FederationScumX1999

Postby FederationScumX1999 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:58 am

That artillery frigate, when viewed at a right 90% turn certainly makes it look like its bringing the hurt (think a stubby robot with hammer arms being readied behind it for a smackdown). -w-
BlastOS

Postby BlastOS » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:53 am

I'm very interested in not the turrets, but the hulls: I'd like to use the hulls for my own personal mods.

I never post anything.
saqib126

Postby saqib126 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:23 am

hopefully the download will be functional soon, i wanna try this mod out for a change.

EDIT: its been about 9 months since he R4V3 said that new stuff should be coming to GO BALLISTIC and that the mod would be fixed soon.. just asking, how soon until this mod is available for update and the GO BALLISTIC update comes out?
Stormbringer

Postby Stormbringer » Sun May 29, 2016 6:52 am

when are bug fixes finished? I've been dying to play with these since last year.

and can I use that fed-cruiser-thingy hull and splice it? I want to get my Tetatorns mod up again.

BlastOS wrote:I'm very interested in not the turrets, but the hulls: I'd like to use the hulls for my own personal mods.

I never post anything.

I also want access to the hulls.
killin' slugs and beating Rebels since 2014, modding the game since 2016
Bojangles4th

Postby Bojangles4th » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:25 pm

The first ship, the Hoatzin, seems to have an error with the defense turret. If it's ever M2'd / right-clicked, the weapon becomes invisible and does not shoot anything down (but its status remains active in the drone bay). I'm not sure if this is known or not, and it can be avoided by simply never Right-Clicking it, but I just thought I'd mention it.

Sorry if this has been addressed or discussed already.

[EDIT] I have not tried the other layouts; but I love this little ship so far.