FTLRP: Rebel Flagship in Danger *open for registerations*

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
stylesrj

Re: [WIP] FTLRPG: Rebel Flagship in Danger *open for registerations*

Postby stylesrj » Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:35 am

Hmm, shouldn't it be in pirate colours, considering how it's a merc ship?
I mean it shouldn't have the MFK Eagle on it. Even recoloured in salmon. :lol:
SciGuy303

Postby SciGuy303 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:58 pm

stylesrj wrote:Hmm, shouldn't it be in pirate colours, considering how it's a merc ship?
I mean it shouldn't have the MFK Eagle on it. Even recoloured in salmon. :lol:

I recoloured it to navy blue and dark grey, renamed it the Arkangel, and created a custom decal in place for the MFK eagle. Also, what do you think the letters PAC should stand for? I just made tht one up on the spot :D
I do random stuff and surf on the fourms. That's about it.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:07 pm

Looks much better :)

As for what the PAC would mean?
Maybe it's the name of the manufacturer. Three names (Let's go with Peter, Angela, Charlie) put together creates the PAC Shipyard.

Because making up an acronym would sound rather convoluted... :lol:
95% Chance

Postby 95% Chance » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:02 am

stylesrj wrote:Looks much better :)

As for what the PAC would mean?
Maybe it's the name of the manufacturer. Three names (Let's go with Peter, Angela, Charlie) put together creates the PAC Shipyard.

Because making up an acronym would sound rather convoluted... :lol:

PIRATE ASSISTED CONVOY

PILFER ALL CREDITS

PETERSON ASSOCIATED COMMITTEE
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:20 am

95% Chance wrote:PETERSON ASSOCIATED COMMITTEE

I like that one. Sounds corporate.

The Peterson Associates Conglomerate. A massive shipbuilding and weapons manufacturer.
SciGuy303

Postby SciGuy303 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:56 am

stylesrj wrote:
95% Chance wrote:PETERSON ASSOCIATED COMMITTEE

I like that one. Sounds corporate.

The Peterson Associates Conglomerate. A massive shipbuilding and weapons manufacturer.

What about we are friends with the Conglomerate, which is why we got this ship? Thinking about this made me create a beacon event where we can get a weapon for free from a P.A.C carrier.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:59 am

Well the Conglomerate wouldn't care who's winning, so long as they can still sell ships. The Rebels and mercs and pirates pay top Scrap for it.

Why aren't they just simple taking them by force? It'd be like robbing a gun store. If you have the firepower to rob a gun store, you don't need the guns :D
SciGuy303

Postby SciGuy303 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:00 am

IndustrialRobot wrote:This is actually my first RPG online. I used to do a few back in school, and learned that being silly in a game can cost you. :)
Anyways, this looked pretty interesting, so Ill give it a shot!

Name: Daniel Softcastle.
Species/Race: Human
Physical appearance: Daniel stands at 5'9". He is a bit thin and underweight for his age, always putting his studies in the academy first over fitness. Has short, brown hair and blue eyes. Another average human, most would say.
Personality: Since this is his first rodeo out in space, Daniel is mostly shy when meeting others, but when he becomes someone's friend, he is willing to be more outgoing. Being the youngest in his family, he has rarely "taken the initiative" in situations, and can be a bit impulsive with his decisions, neglecting the consequences. Since he was in a family supporting the Rebel side, he naturally supported the same group as his parents. Daniel loves to explore new things, but always draws the line between reward, and putting him at risk, or others at risk.
Skills: Fresh from the academy, he doesnt have strong combat skills, other than the simulations done in school. He does have a strong understanding for ship engines, and how some components could squeeze out a bit more power during some situations.

Im pretty excited to start. Is the game going to take place on this website, or somewhere else?
When will it start, and when should I show up?

A direct homage of nerdcubed, I see :lol:
Thes will take place on this forum, and it's a post by post rp, so it's not real time.
SciGuy303

Postby SciGuy303 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:25 am

IndustrialRobot wrote:
SciGuy303 wrote:A direct homage of nerdcubed, I see :lol:

Im pretty unoriginal with names, and Dan is pretty amazing. :)
So does that mean Ive been accepted?

Accepted! So I think we should start now, considering that we have three players. Final note: Non-RP text should be in yellow like this, and the AI assistant's name (who I will talk as) is A.R.K.O.N. So it would be great if you could write your introduction (I.e your first impressions of the crew/ship) now.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:58 am

"So this is what it's come to with my life..."

Marsha Glade... Ensign Marsha Glade looked at the small ship before her. It wasn't impressive or flashy like a Federation Cruiser or a Rebel Battleship, it was just some cheap, run-of-the-mill fighter from a discount shipyard. It still bore the colours of the manufacturer (as far as she was concerned).
"Why couldn't I be thrown into a penal battalion?" she grumbled, adjusting the hood of her jumpsuit. She surveyed the local area and contemplated just booking it. She was on the fringes of Rebel territory, they wouldn't notice, right?

Looking behind herself she saw several Slug mercenaries, wielding some nasty-looking guns. They seemed satisfied by her second-thoughts as they continued moving along to another ship. Marsha sighed and trudged towards the fighter. "Just keep your head down and do as you're told" she recited to herself "The Federation is dead, I'm safer with the Rebellion..."

---------------

Months ago...

Marsha Glade was a self-employed programmer and software engineer. Her innovations were not ground-breaking or impressive like on a more popular coreworld, but her ANODYNE Operating System software had found its niche amongst the local hacker community.
But in the end this didn't matter when ships of orange descended upon the world. She and her neighbours were rounded up and conscripted into the Rebellion forces. During boot camp, they caught her trying to hack into the computer network. Instead of executing her or delivering some sort of punishment, they instead gave her a new job.
"The Rebellion needs programmers. It'd be rather silly to press you into a soldier when your skills lie in something more important" they had told her.
"And if I refuse?" Marsha asked.
"You'll do 50 laps of the camp until your biceps explode. Then we'll execute you for sabotage"
"You've got yourself a programmer!"

---------------

They didn't tell her much about the mission. They said she'd be assigned to an expendable group of soldiers of fortune. They did mention there was an AI running the systems though.
"Insurance perhaps?" she asked herself "But I have no clue how the Rebel AIs work. They never taught me that."
She was at the airlock now. Tugging at her hood again, she brought up her datapad and said nervously "Marsha Glade. Ensign. I'm assigned to the shield room."
Of course, that's the most logical place to put the cowardly misfit. If the shields die, I die, she thought to herself grimly.

Now all she had to do was wait...