[MOD] Stations Job 1.21

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
stargateprovider

Re: [MOD][WIP] Stations Job

Postby stargateprovider » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:48 pm

TheFallenAngel359 wrote:Is that station (the type B variant) being used? It would fit right in with a part of my mod. Or maybe I could use the Crystal Station from CE, but I feel like that may be pushing the envelope.

Yes, I'm using it, but you can use it too, if you want to and if it's not too big (as an enemy it sure would be).
Some of my FTL mods you may like, or hate, or... yeah:
Image Image
stargateprovider

Postby stargateprovider » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:56 pm

Important update:
I discovered how to add systems via events, so you don't have to buy them from a store anymore.
I'll use that in my mod so there will be two game modes: normal (with the store) hard (without store).
In hard mode you will need to build systems yourself by combining augments, similarly to CE, where you can build stuff on empty beacons.
Image Image
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:22 pm

How do you add systems via events?
stargateprovider

Postby stargateprovider » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:07 pm

Use this code:

Code: Select all

<event>
   <text>This is how you get systems in events</text>
   <system name="shields"/>
</event>

(of course you can change the system and text)
Image Image
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:37 pm

Interesting. Have you by any chance tested if adding systems this way allows you to exceed the general system caps?
English Narwhal

Postby English Narwhal » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:00 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:Interesting. Have you by any chance tested if adding systems this way allows you to exceed the general system caps?

The systems cap is a hard limit, sadly. At a certain point, it simply won't let you add more systems or power to systems. However, I'm pretty sure there is a soft cap that we've been reaching and the hard cap is actually higher.
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:34 pm

Past the soft caps, the systems start to bug out and cause seriously weird stuff; that's most likely why we haven't found the hard caps yet.
stargateprovider

Postby stargateprovider » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:36 am

You can actually get more systems than you usually could, so it's a nice code. It even gives you a warning when you are about to exceed the system cap, but lets you do it anyway.
Image Image
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:13 pm

I've performed some testing on this newly found information.
stargateprovider wrote:You can actually get more systems than you usually could, so it's a nice code. It even gives you a warning when you are about to exceed the system cap, but lets you do it anyway.

Actually, the game only lets you exceed the cap if it is the only option. If there are other options to choose from, it will grey out the option to add the system. Exceeding the cap has to be forced onto the player.

Having multiple system options is not advised. Each one will cause warning text to appear, which quickly uses up space in the text box and forcing options out of it. A solution to this would be to add the systems further down the event chain so they won't clutter the same event.

Forcing the game to add a drone system when you already have it installed will delete the drones from the existing slots. I assume the same would happen to weapons.
edit: After some more testing, I've found that adding a system you already have places a duplicate system in that room. This is bad, because you can no longer repair the system without a repair bomb, since the duplicate is in the way.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
stargateprovider

Re: [MOD][WIP] Stations Job (Download available!)

Postby stargateprovider » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:32 pm

Version 0.a available for testing! Try it and post feedback.
Image Image