Postby automatedminer » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:44 pm

My game loads, then instantly crashes.
My operating system is windows 8.
Here is the mod load order and modman log:
Image[/URL]
automatedminer

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.274/Inf 1.267/EL 1.266

Postby automatedminer » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:51 pm

There is no error message, but it appears to have something to do with 'endless loot', because when I disable that the mod works fine.
Please help!
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:57 pm

I recommend you check the troubleshooting section at the beginning of this thread:
Game crashes/freezes after or during the loading screen when having the Endless Loot Addon installed:
Your FTL does not have access to enough memory in order to cache all the images EL adds. The solution is to allocate more memory to FTL. You can do this in various ways depending on your OS and personall preferences. Some ways might involve using third party software. Use a search engine to find out how to allocate more memory to FTL and EL might work. If that is too much trouble consider not using EL.
automatedminer

Postby automatedminer » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:30 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:I recommend you check the troubleshooting section at the beginning of this thread:
Game crashes/freezes after or during the loading screen when having the Endless Loot Addon installed:
Your FTL does not have access to enough memory in order to cache all the images EL adds. The solution is to allocate more memory to FTL. You can do this in various ways depending on your OS and personall preferences. Some ways might involve using third party software. Use a search engine to find out how to allocate more memory to FTL and EL might work. If that is too much trouble consider not using EL.

Oops. sorry. I missed that one
redsquirrel

Postby redsquirrel » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:37 am

So I noticed with the infinite addon there's a couple weird theirs with the exit/entry beacons. The first is that that if I want to do deep space exploration, it immediately takes me there. This causes some problems with trying to get to nodes that are only accessible by going through the exit beacon.

The other thing is that the entry beacons for deep space aren't actually entry beacons, but regular event beacons. I wouldn't care, but it makes the bounty augment rather useless to carry around if you're using the infinite addon.

I'm just wondering if these were edge cases that weren't considered, or if there is some technical reason that these issues can't be resolved.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:50 pm

redsquirrel wrote:So I noticed with the infinite addon there's a couple weird theirs with the exit/entry beacons. The first is that that if I want to do deep space exploration, it immediately takes me there. This causes some problems with trying to get to nodes that are only accessible by going through the exit beacon.

That has technical reasons and can't be changed. Trust me, I'd have handled that differently if it would have been possible.

redsquirrel wrote:The other thing is that the entry beacons for deep space aren't actually entry beacons, but regular event beacons. I wouldn't care, but it makes the bounty augment rather useless to carry around if you're using the infinite addon.

Deeps space entry beacons have a 33% chance to come without a fight, so getting marks is still possible, just less likely. And you can always head to the exit immediately in order to get another shot on a mark. ;)
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:42 pm

I found myself watching a streamer (RecursiveBlaze) playing CE last night, and amongst the general silliness going on was something that I figured needed to be pointed out. So he shows up in the Last Stand, and on the entry beacon he chooses to talk with his Mantis crew, which actually triggered the sub-quest where you fight members of his clan. Except when the fight started, a friendly ASB appeared and started shooting at the Mantis. What made this much more comical though was that the Rebel Cruiser that shows up in fleet encounters firing ASB shots at you, showed up and was attacking the Mantis. Once the fight ended, the cruiser vanished. And the whole time, the Federation fleet background was watching.

It's a minor thing, but I found it pretty amusing to watch.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:13 pm

Isn't there always a friendly ASB at entry beacons? Or did one of those BS "random events" pop up in the middle of combat that turned the ASB into a Rebel ship firing an ASB at you/the enemy?

If not the latter, hey Sleeper could you add that event in as a hazard (like when an enemy ship flies into an asteroid field or a solar flare or both?) It could be like: You score a hit along the enemy ship's hull. Suddenly there's an FTL signature! A Rebel cruiser has arrived. Spotting your ship, it begins firing its ASB at you/the enemy/both targets.
jtlcr777

Postby jtlcr777 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:45 pm

Could there be a add-on where all ships have their vanilla weapons but the CE augments are still there? I use the vanilla loadouts sometimes because I don't like a few of the CE ones (Kestral A's CE loadout for example), but I dont like losing the cool starting augments.

I would love a vanilla weapons addon that keeps the CE augments. Thanks!
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:25 am

This is a bit of a balance question, but why did you add the hyperspace events at the end of each sector? I personally hate them and I cannot imagine anyone loving them. It causes so many more fuel shortages than normal FTL, and it causes them quite artificially as well.