[MISC] Mod Logo Design

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Anthonest

[MISC] Mod Logo Design

Postby Anthonest » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:28 am

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but by all means if its not mods please move this to the correct forum.

I notice alot of mods (Mainly non-ship mods) are always under promoted because of there lack of banners, logos, etc. And me being a graphic designer, feel that every mod needs some form of graphic representation.

I am Anthonest, freelancing graphic designer with over 5 years of experience. Proficient in Photoshop and Illustrator. And im willing to create banners, posters or logos for any mod (Preferably not ship mods) completely free. If you would like to see a few of the banners I have created you can observe my own mod http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=24551

I want to better the FTL community by doing this, making every mod have an appeal to the eye from the first click on the forum post. All I ask is that you give me credit in the forum post, and if you really want to be nice you can link my mod in your forum post too.

Please make posts of what you need short and sweet (Again, prefferably not ship mods) im not always on the forum so if you need to contact me with somewhat short notice please use my email mikelbackup@hotmail.com.

Thanks everybody.
English Narwhal

Re: [MISC] Mod Logo Design

Postby English Narwhal » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:00 pm

I think you're looking for the Mod Development forums.
Also, FTL: Otherspace would probably benefit from your input.
TheFallenAngel359

Postby TheFallenAngel359 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:04 pm

Yeah, I kinda have a banner that I created jut recent, but it pretty plain. If another banner were to represent the project, I would like to it to be similar to the current one.
Anthonest

Postby Anthonest » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:37 am

TheFallenAngel359 wrote:Yeah, I kinda have a banner that I created jut recent, but it pretty plain. If another banner were to represent the project, I would like to it to be similar to the current one.

There you go!
TheFallenAngel359

Postby TheFallenAngel359 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:00 pm

Wow, that's a banner alright. I have a couple banners now (thanks English Narwhal), so the hard part is going to be deciding which to use. Just started using it, and I must say that it looks absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for the banner.

By any chance, could you remove the last line of text? I would like to see what it looks like without that last line.
Anthonest

Postby Anthonest » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:04 pm

TheFallenAngel359 wrote:Wow, that's a banner alright. I have a couple banners now (thanks English Narwhal), so the hard part is going to be deciding which to use. Just started using it, and I must say that it looks absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for the banner.

By any chance, could you remove the last line of text? I would like to see what it looks like without that last line.

Yup its all good, just remember my conditions. And English Narwhal is cool, im just not a big fan of his banners.
English Narwhal

Postby English Narwhal » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:37 pm

Anthonest wrote:
TheFallenAngel359 wrote:Wow, that's a banner alright. I have a couple banners now (thanks English Narwhal), so the hard part is going to be deciding which to use. Just started using it, and I must say that it looks absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for the banner.

Yup its all good, just remember my conditions. And English Narwhal is cool, im just not a big fan of his banners.

Good to know that my banner work is not up to scratch.
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:50 pm

As in-thread banners they're fine.
As signatures... not so much. I strongly encourage you to downsize them when using as signature - 150px tall is about the maximum you ever want to go, and generally less is better.
Anthonest

Postby Anthonest » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:36 am

Kieve wrote:As in-thread banners they're fine.
As signatures... not so much. I strongly encourage you to downsize them when using as signature - 150px tall is about the maximum you ever want to go, and generally less is better.

I agree with you on perhaps decreasing the height, but I believe the width (from one side of the text box to the other) is perfect where it is at.
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:44 am

Yeah, I was specifically referring to height. Sorry if that was unclear. :oops: