[MOD] [WIP] FTL: Otherspace

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
TheOneAndOnlyRuffDuf

Re: [MOD] [WIP] FTL: Otherspace

Postby TheOneAndOnlyRuffDuf » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:33 pm

OK, I was just making sure it got through.
TheOneAndOnlyRuffDuf

Postby TheOneAndOnlyRuffDuf » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:36 pm

I like new banner much more.
TheFallenAngel359

Postby TheFallenAngel359 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:41 pm

Well, you can thank Anthonest for it.
FTLNewbie

Postby FTLNewbie » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:30 am

Love the idea, but please stop spamming it all over twitch
TheFallenAngel359

Postby TheFallenAngel359 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:52 am

I apologize for the spam. I was seriously short-staffed, but luckily I found many people to help me with the project. It should be much less common not.
helixfossel

Postby helixfossel » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:04 pm

hey man, i had a question. I'm thinking about starting development on a modwhat program(s) do you use to make mods for FTL?
TheFallenAngel359

Postby TheFallenAngel359 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:46 am

Well, the two main programs you need are a file unpacker and a text editor. For modding FTL, I use the FTL Unpacker tool and Notepad++, but there are a wide array of programs that you could use.
Nicb1

Postby Nicb1 » Sat May 02, 2015 8:57 am

Hello everyone. Recently I joined FallenAngels team to help with some of the sprite development in the mod.
Thought I'd just share some of my weapon sprites here to see what you guys think of it.
(The Railgun sprites (gun with purple part) are very old the others were done today.)
These may or may not be in the mod, but I needed to practice creating sprites a bit anyway.
SciGuy303

Postby SciGuy303 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:11 am

Hello, just thought I'd come by with an idea for the new race, and ships to go with it:

Halo
This religous race has existed for billions of years, developing unsurpassed technology even that of the Engis and spreading it's peaceful word across many species. But one day, a Halo corvette was ripped to shreds by the rebels, them assuming the ship was that of the federation. Enraged by this loss (and thinking the Rebels are agents of the Devil), the Halos decided to join the federation to get their revenge for that one lost corvette, and erase these devils once and for all.

+Movement speed is doubled
+Can heal allies
+Repair speed increased by 1.25
-Health reduced to 50
-Combat speed halved

Ships

Type A: Pentagram
This ship should start with a cloak, a drone control with a hull repair+ (basically a hull repair but repairs more) and system repair drones, and a Burst Laser MkIII. It should also start with a new augment called Improved Impulse Engines, which increases evade by 10. Along with that, it should have three Halo crew.

Type B: The Bible
This VERY MISSILE DEPENDENT cruiser should have four Leto missiles, an Ammo replicator + Ammo manufacturer for obvious reasons, and should have a powerful engine system (at least 3 system power). It also has three Halo crew.

I'm working on ideas for a Type C ship, and also I don't know how to make ship images, so I'll leave that up to you guys. Keep in mind I'm 11 :lol:
Tell me what you think!
I do random stuff and surf on the fourms. That's about it.
TaxiService

Postby TaxiService » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:03 am

Well, welcome to the forum! The new race sounds interesting! but there's a problem. We can't create a new race or modify existing races' abilities. The only things we can do is modify their look, their cost and their rarity. It's a limitation of the game itself, and we can't do anything about it. : \ Maybe the halos could replace one of the other races?
ImageImageImageImageImage