the Best weapon(s)?

General discussion about the game.
dark33hawk

the Best weapon(s)?

Postby dark33hawk » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:20 pm

pretty simple. Tell me your best weapon(s) and why and prepare to argue for the top spot! I will provide an example, the Vulcan.

A lot can go wrong here with the insane-ly long charge up, the fact that one hit with any weapon there and it back to square one, the fact that it takes four power leaving only four left for other weapons and That the defense drone mk2 can shoot down the shield-breaking lasers. But who can say no to ultimate shield breaking potential and the feel when the ship turns to Swiss cheese?

Also to combat the defense drone mk2 you can hope you get a defense scrambler (or play on the engi c) and hack the drone room while the dd mk2 is distracted with the Vulcan. The dream with this weapon is pre-igniter, two reloaders, and a maxed weapons person(this is a must for every weapon isn't?).

What do you think should be the best weapon(s)? Please list the pros and cons and good luck. :D
I've grown Scales since I left. But now I'm soaring again. Off to save the Federation and have fun!
stylesrj

Re: the Best weapon(s)?

Postby stylesrj » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:48 pm

Flak I.
Cheap, fires three shots every 10 seconds. Uses only two power. Also more likely to be found than Burst Laser II (which is the best gun of all time but still... rare). Get four of them and you've got the equivalent of the Dream Weapons Combo.

I guess it's main weakness is that it probably can't hit the broadside of a barn when it comes to 1x2 rooms.

Advanced Flak is even better but that only appears on the Lanius B.
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:18 am

stylesrj wrote:Flak I.
Advanced Flak is even better but that only appears on the Lanius B.

This. I would rather have 4 Flak 1's than any other weapon loadout in the game, except maybe 3 Flak 1's and an Advanced Flak on the Shrike :)
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
Hogwarts9876

Postby Hogwarts9876 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:47 am

I love the Halberd Beam. It seems like the best balance between power cost, cooldown, beam length and damage.
Put it with 2 Flak Is (or better yet 2 Burst Laser IIs), throw in a Dual Laser for the spare one weapons power, and you have a devastating layout. In fact, my first Hard win a couple days ago was with two Burst IIs and a Halberd Beam.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:42 am

Hogwarts9876 wrote: In fact, my first Hard win a couple days ago was with two Burst IIs and a Halberd Beam.

Pics or it didn't happen :P
I'd prefer the Burst II over the Flak I (because Flak can be shot at by drones) but rarity is the big issue. But still, if you have two Burst II's, then the Halberd is just icing on the cake. A Glaive would be overkill.

Burst lasers and Flak I are simple the best guns in terms of shield-busting power and damage output over time. Everything else is situational (Bombs and missiles require missile parts which will run out, beams require lack of enemy shields and the Vulcan? That's Murphy's Law waiting to happen)
English Narwhal

Postby English Narwhal » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:45 pm

The Chain Vulcan. It costs 4 power to fire laser shots so fast at its maximum speed that it can chew through any amount of shield, even if the opponent has maxiumum shield recharge reduction (Augment, crew, ect.) and then do 9 damage every 10 seconds.

If we're getting seriously meta, the best weapon is the PDS. It has a registered weapon blueprint.
It does 3 damage per room, costs 1 power, and cools down in nine seconds.

Of course, the timer for the PDS is different than how often it can actually fire.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:21 pm

English Narwhal wrote:The Chain Vulcan. It costs 4 power to fire laser shots so fast at its maximum speed that it can chew through any amount of shield, even if the opponent has maxiumum shield recharge reduction (Augment, crew, ect.) and then do 9 damage every 10 seconds.

Until of course a missile or an Ion Bomb or something hits your Weapon's room. Which it will. It will happen, no matter what you do.
Also, if the enemy has high evasion, it's tough-going getting through the shields.

I dunno, I once got a Chain Vulcan in like Sector 2 and I thought I was set for the rest of the game. Died in Sector 6 after a high evasion and shielded Slug Interceptor (OF ALL THINGS!) kicked me 5 ways to the Great Eye. Bloody missiles...

And yeah PDS, best gun. Used that a couple of times for an OP ship.