[SHIP][AE] Dragon Cruiser [UPDATED]

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
kartoFlane

Re: [SHIP][AE] Dragon Cruiser [UPDATED]

Postby kartoFlane » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:48 pm

It's at the bottom of the OP, right above the changelog.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:28 pm

The dropbox link appears as though the file was moved or deleted.
Anthonest

Postby Anthonest » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:41 pm

dl fixed
RedBeard

Postby RedBeard » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:38 am

Thanks so much!
JohnCollins

Postby JohnCollins » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:16 am

Hey man, I'm having a little issue with your mod. I'm a little bit of a noob as far as getting mods install goes (or ship mods for that matter, only have ever installed CE and requirements).
So, I download the .ftl and patch it in the Slipstream, and at first it didn't even appear in the ship list, at the hangar. I assumed this just had to do with me not having any ships (apart from the default ones) unlocked, so I dig a little and eventually find a save editor to unlock the ship. I do that, turn the game back on, and whenever I try to switch to your ship, the game just crashes to desktop.
Again, sorry if this is some noob move of mine, but if you could help I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks again, for your time.
TempBanAppealDudePAE

Postby TempBanAppealDudePAE » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:26 pm

JohnCollins wrote:Hey man, I'm having a little issue with your mod. I'm a little bit of a noob as far as getting mods install goes (or ship mods for that matter, only have ever installed CE and requirements).
So, I download the .ftl and patch it in the Slipstream, and at first it didn't even appear in the ship list, at the hangar. I assumed this just had to do with me not having any ships (apart from the default ones) unlocked, so I dig a little and eventually find a save editor to unlock the ship. I do that, turn the game back on, and whenever I try to switch to your ship, the game just crashes to desktop.
Again, sorry if this is some noob move of mine, but if you could help I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks again, for your time.

That happens to me too!
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:56 pm

Your problem is caused by changes AE made to artillery systems, which affect mods with artillery made before AE's release.

Ordinarily I'd point you to RAD-82's generic artillery fix, available in his Junkyard. But I think that just replaces the artillery weapon with the Vindicator Beam, the artillery of the default Osprey. I know this mod's all about its shield-piercing fire beam, so it'll require a more customized touch-up.

The attribute that needs fixing is right here:

Code: Select all

<artillery power="1" room="9" start="true" img="room_cloaking_2"/>

the problem being that it needs to point to a specific weapon.

However, I'm a bit too busy to adopt this mod, and since Anthonest is still sporadically active it would be rude to do so.
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:48 am

I've noticed that the file available for download here is the wrong file. It is an older, pre-AE file.

My artillery fix will work on this "old" file, since it replaces the original artillery beam, like any other mod that changed the artillery weapon pre-AE.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
Kasrkin229

Postby Kasrkin229 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:06 am

That you have a version that doesn't have that bugged 'wahoo!' noise or what ever, i really like the ship but it's really annoying having to hear that on my Fed A every time it's Artillery beam fires.
LoveAndKrieg

Postby LoveAndKrieg » Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:23 pm

For some strange reason it keeps crashing. I uninstalled Captain's Edition to see if it would work and I still got crashes. :cry: