[MOD][QUEST][WIP][HELP WANTED] Into The Singularity

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Voltion99

[MOD][QUEST][WIP][HELP WANTED] Into The Singularity

Postby Voltion99 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:26 pm

INTO THE SINGULARITY

What is this?
This is a quest/ship/sector mod which aims to do something never done before in FTL... no not a furry reskin of your crew members, this mod will allow you to not only fight dangerous new enemies in fantastic new quest lines, but also the ability to explore the edges of space and time itself!
Enter the Singularity!

How will you do this?
I am in no way an experience modder for this game, but I know a few tricks to get this working. For example, I'm going to turn the crystal sector event/sector into something to model the inside of a black hole. This is a pretty open ended mod in terms of story/lore so events will be easy to make. I plan on making two parts to the mod, before you enter the singularity and inside the blackhole. I don't want to spoil the storyline too much but I will say that I want the mod to fit naturally into the game.

Can I help?
The answer to that question is: Yes, yes, yes, and yes! If you have an idea or just want your name in the credits, I can use your help. If you can write a good story, playtest a new event, or just make cool ship graphics, you can help! All contributors are equal in my minds, and no favoritism will be given to myself or friends. Also please respond to me in the thread, do not PM me.

Ok with that out of the way I'm going to start working on a demo build!
TheFallenAngel359

Re: [MOD][QUEST][WIP][HELP WANTED] Into The Singularity

Postby TheFallenAngel359 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:44 am

I could probably playtest some events and such for you. I also have a few custom cruisers that I am working on, if that is interesting. But what do you mean by "story?" Like game lore of sorts? I might be able to throw around a few ideas.
Voltion99

Postby Voltion99 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:43 am

TheFallenAngel359 wrote:I could probably playtest some events and such for you. I also have a few custom cruisers that I am working on, if that is interesting. But what do you mean by "story?" Like game lore of sorts? I might be able to throw around a few ideas.

By story I mean flavor text to events so that it's more than just "lol you got 5 scrap". It will connect together, and I'm making it a bit humorous. This is a large project and I'm not overly enthused about the game, so updates will come out slow.
TheFallenAngel359

Postby TheFallenAngel359 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:07 pm

So every event will connect to the main storyline? Like a reverse tree kind of thing, where the events branch off, but all come to th esame conclusion? Sounds interesting. I'll throw around some ideas and see what I can come up with. I can post the ships hulls in a little bit.