[MOD][WIP]The Arcadian War - Collaboration Mod

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
TempBanAppealDudePAE

Re: [MOD][WIP]The Arcadian War - Collaboration Mod

Postby TempBanAppealDudePAE » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:15 am

Please complete this awesome mod!
BTW , can I use your ship hull graphics for my mods?
Lime11

Postby Lime11 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:11 am

cmooooooooon you can do it! don't go dark on me now! I believe that this mod will be finished some time before the year is done!!!! I believe!!! :P :P :P
I like jokes! What? You wanna hear one?

"I've told you a million times! Don't exagerate!"

"An Australian walks out of a bar...... what? It could happen!"

Here's my YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS6lSD ... shjtnjY4Ow
TempBanAppealDudePAE

Postby TempBanAppealDudePAE » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:35 pm

Could you atleast give us the weapons stuff of the mod...
cuz I really want to play this mod
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:39 am

TempBanAppealDudePAE wrote:Could you atleast give us the weapons stuff of the mod...

I made quite a fair bit of weapons here and I have released a weapons pack: GO BALLISTIC!

Also I have released other weapons and independent ship mods to. You can already play quite a bit of weapons here if you just look. :roll:
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
TempBanAppealDudePAE

Postby TempBanAppealDudePAE » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:49 am

R4V3-0N wrote:
TempBanAppealDudePAE wrote:Could you atleast give us the weapons stuff of the mod...

I made quite a fair bit of weapons here and I have released a weapons pack: GO BALLISTIC!

Also I have released other weapons and independent ship mods to. You can already play quite a bit of weapons here if you just look. :roll:

Well then , please put all of your and anthonest's mods into one ftl file.
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:52 am

TempBanAppealDudePAE wrote:Well then , please put all of your and anthonest's mods into one ftl file.

What an unreasonable request to make.
TempBanAppealDudePAE

Postby TempBanAppealDudePAE » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:33 pm

NarnKar wrote:
TempBanAppealDudePAE wrote:Well then , please put all of your and anthonest's mods into one ftl file.

What an unreasonable request to make.

well , just copy the IMG folders and merge the DAT folders
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:06 pm

The unreasonability doesn't come from its difficulty, PAE. It's quite easy to do (so easy, in fact, I wonder why you can't do it yourself).

But it's in bad form to ask someone to redistribute other people's resources. While some cases, like adopting abandoned mods or using CE materials*, are fine; for the most part, you shouldn't put other modders' materials into your own mods unless you specifically ask permission for it. And I don't really feel the need or want to redistribute Rave's stuff, and I don't think he'd let me do that anyway (well he did let me borrow some of it but that's beside the point).

*CE gets a special exception since Sleeper Service has specifically allowed use of his weapons under Creative Commons or something like that.

In this case, however, it's a moot point anyway. The mod isn't done. Rave hasn't even released all of the weapons for the Arcadian War, and I highly doubt he would release a "preview" version before they were ready, so there's nothing I or anyone could recombine anyway.

If they were ready, then you could just download the mod yourself, and patch it in alongside all of the other mods Rave and Anthonest have released. Why would you need them all in one FTL file? You can patch in multiple mods at a time...
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:38 am

I will one day have all weapons of my mod in 1 FTL file. However for now I find it a lot more easier to have it and release it to the public in groups. It is easier to test say 10 weapons instead of 100's (tell me, have you ever used ALL of CE's weapons yet?)

Also if people do not like a certain selection of weapons then they do not have to use it. So it's a win win ^^

My weapons will be in integrated into Arcadian War mod as Anthonest has received my permission to do so. We are friends and we help each other out on each others projects.

I will continue grouping up weapons based on there characteristic and type until I released the majority of the FTL: EB weapons.

If you really want to you could request what kinda weapon you want in the next pack ^^

Beam?
Ion?
Mine?
Missile?
PPC?
Lasers?
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
TempBanAppealDudePAE

Postby TempBanAppealDudePAE » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:13 pm

LuigiGames wrote:Interesting mod, but unfortunately even if you beat the boss, the federation will still win the war anyway, because after the Arcadian war, that's when the rebellion strikes against the FEDERATION, and the federation will still exist in these cases. cool mod, but perhaps you can make a captain's edition compatibility and a submod that allows you to fight for the federation in this war? i prefer to assist the feds, for some reason they are just more awesome. no offense, time to fight some Arcadians. Anyway, awesome mod! love it if i can choose sides.

Star Trek has even worse continuity errors. So that's just a big continuity error.
Anyways here is an example :
In TNG , Starfleet doesn't know who the FERENGI are.In Enterprise (Takes place before TNG , but was made after) FERENGI take over the Enterprise.