Why have i been banned? - ANSWER PLZ-

General discussion about the game.
TempBanAppealDudePAE

Why have i been banned? - ANSWER PLZ-

Postby TempBanAppealDudePAE » Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:47 pm

Hello , I am Proud American Engi asking why I have been banned from ftl forums?
- PLZ ANSWER -
stylesrj

Re: Why have i been banned? - ANSWER PLZ-

Postby stylesrj » Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:32 pm

I'm not sure if I am to discuss moderator actions but I'm guessing they assumed you were a bot because you didn't delete those spam posts when you said your account got hijacked.

I did tell you that if your post was the last in line and you hit "edit" there's a checkbox to delete the post. It would have removed the spam and sent those old topics back to where they belonged.
TempBanAppealDudePAE

Postby TempBanAppealDudePAE » Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:07 am

stylesrj wrote:I'm not sure if I am to discuss moderator actions but I'm guessing they assumed you were a bot because you didn't delete those spam posts when you said your account got hijacked.

I did tell you that if your post was the last in line and you hit "edit" there's a checkbox to delete the post. It would have removed the spam and sent those old topics back to where they belonged.

If I distribute my work , it will be "fake" since it is Proud American Engi's and not mine.
BTW , plz unban me somehow
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:37 am

Just saying, that's probably what happened and how it could be prevented in the future - delete the spam as soon as possible.

I'm not a mod so I can't do anything about it. But yeah, I can offer advice.
TempBanAppealDudePAE

Postby TempBanAppealDudePAE » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:08 pm

stylesrj wrote:Just saying, that's probably what happened and how it could be prevented in the future - delete the spam as soon as possible.

I'm not a mod so I can't do anything about it. But yeah, I can offer advice.

Just politely ask a mod to unban me...
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:24 pm

TempBanAppealDudePAE wrote:Just politely ask a mod to unban me...

It's your appeal. You tell them that they made a mistake and you'd like to be unbanned.
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:27 am

I'm only replying to this because there's a certain amusing irony at work:
-The proper method would be to contact a moderator or admin via PM and explain the situation.
-New posters have to hit a 10-post count before the PM function becomes available.

I do not know what circumstances landed you on the business end of a ban-cannon, but from the above conversation I'm guessing it involves spam.
Around here there is zero tolerance for spam, and if you are identified as a spammer, not only are you summarily banned, but everything you've ever posted is wiped out for good measure. Makes life a little easier on the folks who have to do clean-up here. ;)

With that in mind, spammers typically don't create dummy accounts to appeal themselves. I will restore PAE for you - if the statement about "having your account hijacked" is true, I strongly suggest you immediately change your email and password for that account. Rest assured, if spam posts begin appearing under that name again, it will not be unbanned a second time.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:53 am

Ah yeah, I tried to set this right yesterday, but the forum was down. I saw a posts by your account that was about two screens facts about the peoples republic of china's governmental system (copied form wikipedia???), ending with the announcement that the account is no longer under the control of its original owner (Proud American Engi).

I admit that banned you for that was can be considered rash or hastily, but you had very few posts, so I could not be sure if you are real at all and PMing was out of the question too. If the account was really compromised then there was no way to tell if the original owner could still access it or not, so I just banned it.

As Kieve mentioned you are responsible to keep your account data secured. You account appeared to be compromised by a spammers or bot so it got banned. Unfortunately there is no way to restore your account with the bann option I used, but you can create a new account with a similar user name (Proud_American_Engi) if that is important to you. Preferably using a secured e-mail address.