[MOD][WIP]The Arcadian War - Collaboration Mod

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Anthonest

Re: [MOD][WIP]The Arcadian War - Collaboration Mod

Postby Anthonest » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:13 pm

He didn't make it alone. -cough cough- :roll:[/quote]

oh well, well done both of you :D , its probably one of the best space ships i've seen ever created in FTL, I'm guessing you can't play it right[/quote]

Actually the Arcadian Fighter is almost entirely by me, the sides of the ship that look like your defender are freshly spliced and didnt come off of your defender, im only sure that the back engine was what came off it, not sure.
Anthonest

Postby Anthonest » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:23 pm

Coding has started again and the coffee powered machine that is my hands on this keyboard is back up to full pace. You guys are my motivation to continue this, because honestly this mod wastes away at my soul, the painful nature of FTL's code has been cruel to me and it frustrates the hell out of me, so if I can get this mod out there a bit more that would be great, partial animation for the trailer is finished, but I need some gameplay footage for the non-animated part of it.

On a different note all of you offering help, I appreciate it but all you guys offer is help but "you can't code". Thats not the problem, every hull you have seen on here, if you compile all the time it took me to make everyone of them together it would be less than a few hours. Art is nothing, this code is what has made me so angry. I definitely need help with events and if someone could make me 1 or 2 that would be great, but no full time stuff, R4V3-0N is my only co-modder.

Anyways thats for the support guys, cant wait to finish it.

EDIT: Also updated thread.
SomeFederationPerson

Postby SomeFederationPerson » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:09 pm

Do you need idea's for events?
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:32 pm

SomeFederationPerson wrote:Do you need idea's for events?

Possibly. But my creativity is quite a handful and even then events is the hardest thing to code for FTL thus far. So we are not exactly that 'happy' to see more events going on are to-do list if you know what I mean.

If you want, you can try and learn to make events as well as test them for us. That'll be quite a bit off help.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
SomeFederationPerson

Postby SomeFederationPerson » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:47 am

Yea sure i'll come up with some ideas for some events as well as create and test some of them. I'll also try my best to keep it in the lore and in terms of lore do you want anything indicating a bit of the rebellion in the federation and resentment of federation domination?
SomeFederationPerson

Postby SomeFederationPerson » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:49 pm

R4V3-0N wrote:

Possibly. But my creativity is quite a handful and even then events is the hardest thing to code for FTL thus far. So we are not exactly that 'happy' to see more events going on are to-do list if you know what I mean.

If you want, you can try and learn to make events as well as test them for us. That'll be quite a bit off help.

Do you by any chance have an acadian fleet background? i'll use it for the events
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:19 am

SomeFederationPerson wrote:
R4V3-0N wrote:

Do you by any chance have an acadian fleet background? i'll use it for the events

I do not, better ask Anthonest.

Perhaps asking anthonest on what to do first could be a good idea. Also check with him with your ideas.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
SomeFederationPerson

Postby SomeFederationPerson » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:42 am

I'll get working on the events this weekend :D
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:14 am

Aff, We still need someone to test the events Anthonest already made. So far we know 1 event makes the game crash at least but not sure which one. It would be cool if you can test those as well. They are just vanilla events that are altered to fit the overhaul.

I do not have the time to do it atm.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
SomeFederationPerson

Postby SomeFederationPerson » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:01 am

R4V3-0N wrote:Aff, We still need someone to test the events Anthonest already made. So far we know 1 event makes the game crash at least but not sure which one. It would be cool if you can test those as well. They are just vanilla events that are altered to fit the overhaul.

I do not have the time to do it atm.

yeah sure I'll test some and try to make some of my own for you guys