FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
SpaceDux

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.229/Inf 1.229/EL 1.229

Postby SpaceDux » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:27 pm

So no one elses MANTIS B is has MASSIVE JUMPS across the whole first sector and beyond.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:40 pm

SpaceDux wrote:So no one elses MANTIS B is has MASSIVE JUMPS across the whole first sector and beyond.

Well, I still could not reproduce this. Do you remember which sector you jumped to as sector 2?

Biohazard063 wrote:so i just started a run with Zoltan A, and I'm running in the same problem I saw in here before.
Double jumps for the fleet after every single beacon.
Was a fix found for this problem already?
Here's a link to a piece of the recording where you can clearly see it. (In case this isn't a general issue...)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4IpbLX ... e=youtu.be
Could it have something to do with the fact that your first jump is with just basic engines causing the fleet to to a double jump straight from the start?
Anyway, means I can't play any of those 1 powered engine ships atm...

That vid is private, but I'd sure love to see it. ;) As mentioned, I'm not sure what causes this or how even how to reproduce it in my game. Can you give your mod list as well?

condonzack wrote:So far I've only played on easy, but it seems to me that Slug A's pirate stuff is too powerful. By killing all but one person and then grinding down the enemies hull you can maximize your chances of a surrender reward + a crew death reward. It gives you A LOT of scrap by the end. And the targeting jammer gives you a decent chance to be in no danger at all!

Yeah, as mentioned, easy mode is easy. There are lots of ways to make tons of scrap there and CE was designed for normal anyway. The targeting jammer is a little less effective there as enemies get good guns quickly. I find that the whole truce breaker playstyle risk/reward works out OK on normal.

condonzack wrote:Do you think the homeworlds could be differentiated more? I love the idea that you have to learn what all the names mean, like learning items effects in a classic roguelike. But you should be about to learn "this means this is a homeworld! cool, let me search for non-distress beacons" too.

I find that these are pretty well distinguished. The Rebe homeworl (aka Stronghold) is plainly named "Rebel Stronghold blabla" , "Rebel Base blabla" or "Rebel Forward Base blabla". Everything else Rebel or "Front" related is a normal Rebel sector. If you want some general spoilers on sector names you check the sector naming suggestions thread in my sig. If you want to see all the possible names you can extract the mod file and have a look at sector_data.xml.append in the /data folder.
Biohazard063

Postby Biohazard063 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:09 am

Video is now marked as unlisted, should be able to watch now.
Thought private meant only people with the link can watch it...
Turns out that's what unlisted means.
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:20 pm

Thanks, that video was pretty helpfull. I was able to reproduce this now, it actually only happens if you restart your game after taking the option that causes fleet delay. Somehow, the added fleet pursuit carries over to the new game. This seems to result in four double jumps after the first restart, six after the second restart and so on. The glitch actually won't happen if you go back to the hangar to restart your game.

So this seems to be an exotic internal bug, it might even affect the normal game as well. I see no way how to fix this, but I'll put up a pointer in the troubleshooting section.
Last edited by Sleeper Service on Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Biohazard063

Postby Biohazard063 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:16 pm

Oh?
So as long as you don't restart a game when you had a double jump to start off with your fine?
So start a game with let's say Mantis B and you shouldn't have the issue, then restart after your rn after that first beacon and this bug occurs?
Well, at least we know how to avoid it then.
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.
META_mahn

Postby META_mahn » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:10 am

Nebulas...
CE Hates Nebulas.
Back from the dead. After a two year hiatus.
SpaceDux

Postby SpaceDux » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:32 am

That sounds right sleeper,

I would restart with Mantis several times, probably why it double jumped so many times, seemingly indefinitely.
Was going to ask if it had to do something with restarting and even started doing the hangar trick to see if it would work.

I'm just happy, that I'm not crazy!!!!!!!!! : P and you know I'm not lying : )
FortunaDraken

Postby FortunaDraken » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:28 am

Exit becon on Infinite mode with an error. I jumped before getting the exact text, but it mentions that a battle had taken place recently and there were "now lifesigns". I assume that should be "no lifesigns".

EDIT: Wow. That was interesting. The event where you fight a Lanius ship and have an ASB on your side. The friendly ASB sign didn't show up (dunno if that was taken out or not, I remember reading something earlier; I liked that though so mentioning it), and when the ship died to the ASB, it was like...it glitched out. It was like the right side of the ship suddenly wanted to be on top of the left side, resulting in it being attached to the side of the window, with the remaining parts still in place underneath it. The destruction sequence was correct for where the ship was, but the suddenly folded in half ship was weird.
condonzack

Postby condonzack » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:36 pm

Was it one of the Type B style Lanius ships? Because I get that every time I fight it, not just with that event.

Specifically its the Instigator. Just looking at it with Superliminul you can see the gibs aren't set up right.
FortunaDraken

Postby FortunaDraken » Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:03 am

Yeah it was. That was the first Lanius B type I've fought since updating, so I haven't seen it elsewhere, but that wouldn't surprise me if it was the ship itself. Maybe it got huffy when the Clone Bay got fixed.

EDIT: ...huh. Infinite mode doesn't have the Hyperspace events, right? I haven't been seeing them and I've been doing this run for two days now. And just now I suddenly got one. Jumped into sector 4, The Lockard Stations, and got asked how much fuel I wanted to use (which was a lolno, I just lost 10 to get here!). And it acted like I was playing normally.

It was certainly strange. I know I'm playing on Infinite mode due to the two day run, lots of time spent in the first three sectors and I still have insane prices on my upgrades. Dunno what happened there.

EDIT 2: Seems I'm back to normal now, went further into deep space no problem.

Did just run into the event where a Slug business man offers you stuff, and has the blue Slug Crew option where you catch someone teleporting on board. But I don't seem to have any intruders at all, and the ship I'm facing is a Rebel ship. This seems odd.

EDIT 3: ...so I'm facing a Slug Light-Interceptor with five shields...not four and a Zoltan Shield. Five. Shield. Bars. I admit I'm in sector 7, but five isn't even on the final battleship. What is this magic @-@

EDIT 4: Lone rock ship available to be stripped, attempted to do so but another Rock ship jumped in and was unimpressed. Surprisingly, it was actually a Rebel ship. Rebels and Rocks get confused a lot.

EDIT 5: And now Slugs and Rebels. That's a new one.