FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.222/Inf 1.222/EL 1.222

Postby Sleeper Service » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:10 pm

Oddguy wrote:Dont know if my last post was looked at. How do you upload continue.sav? I forgot I made a backup of the game at that point where the beacon to the left froze the game.

What do you mean with upload continue.sav? Upload to where and why? If you want to send me your continue.sav than there is no point in it, I can not determine which event the crash you reported originates from if it happened in deep space. It can literally be any event and I already pointed that out some pages ago.

Russian Rockman wrote:Anyway, I like the visuals, but I think the perspective is wrong. I think you should blur the images long ways... Best way I can explain it is the stars should be blurred in a "passenger looking out of a train" rather than a "car driving through a tunnel" perspective. Because obviously we have a top down view and just like the asteroids move we are expecting movement across the screen rather than "into" the screen.

The thing is that we are stuck with planet images here. I agree that the perspective you suggested would work bottom, but it would still just fill the bottom half of the screen and that would look pretty odd as well,

NarnKar wrote:I've been having some troubles with CE...

Before today, CE was working...decentish...loaded in this order:
CE
CE BpaB compatibility patch
BpaB
Additional Music
Infinite
some ship mods

And some weird things would happen, like white backgrounds and missing planets and stuff

Well naturally some weird things would happen, as you did not observe the load order. I recommend going through the troubleshooting section and probably reinstalling FTL and SMM. Should work then.
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:40 pm

Sleeper Service, I put the mods in the thread's recommended order, and it didn't work. After that, I uninstalled and reinstalled FTL: AE, put the mods in the right order, and it didn't work. So then I tried uninstalling and reinstalling SMM, putting the mods in the right order, and that didn't work either. It kept crashing, every time.

Although, after I un/reinstalled SMM, this happened.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:07 pm

Not sure whats wrong there, but the mod itself works (I just checked once more to be sure). So there is nothing much I can tell you. The errors visual problems you show can happen if you do not let SMM finish patching before starting FTL, but I guess that is not what happens here. Maybe try re-downloading the modfiles?
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:12 am

Yeah, my CE works by itself...I guess it just doesn't want to cooperate with BPaB. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
fugu

Postby fugu » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:43 am

This ship attempted to surrender immediately after deploying a combat augment (radiation projector).

Bug? Infinite.

Edit: This ship also used some sort of combat augment on my shields, even when it only claimed to attack medical equipment. Did I simply miss the prompt?

Edit: I'm being targeted by PDS but the background art is not saying so.

Acceleratio

Postby Acceleratio » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:34 am

Ok either I misred something or there is another small bug.
Met an engi cruiser in one of these federation controlled sectors (red but lot of fed events)
The game was telling me they were refugees so I hailed them just to be attack by a zoltan ship - at leaas that was what the textbox was saying because actually I attacked the engi refugees, After a small fight they offered surrender accepting it would have made me a pirate so i let them go to not loose crew.
I yet have to meet that zoltan ship though.
Krazyguy75

Postby Krazyguy75 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:47 am

fugu wrote:This ship attempted to surrender immediately after deploying a combat augment (radiation projector).

Bug? Infinite.

This bug comes from the pre-fight damage on ships that comes with CE. Heavily damaged ships will occasionally offer surrender before the fight begins because their health trigger has already been reached. Unfixable, as far as I know. Though the message could be changed to be more fitting of all scenarios.
Nider_01

Postby Nider_01 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:05 am

What about deleting PDS hazard icons from all backgrounds? Because they often appear when they shouldn't or do not appear when they should. :?
EdenNov

Postby EdenNov » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:48 am

I don't know where to post this, but when I try to patch the mod, it loads the game with the station loading screen (not the regular one), and then exits the game and there's a pop-up saying "assertion failed" and some other stuff I do not understand.
can anyone please help me?
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:49 am

I recommend you read through the troubleshooting section at the very beginning of the thread.