What things would you like for a possible contentpatch

General discussion about the game.
NTaylor

Re: What things would you like for a possible contentpatch

Postby NTaylor » Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:05 pm

ShadowDragon8685 wrote:
NTaylor wrote:
Kaoschan wrote:Ideas

* Enh. Teleport Protection - only half of the teleportpads (enemy) are working (rare)

While reading I was thinking of something like this but I would change it like this.

Teleport Scrambler - When enemies teleport into your ship there is a 30-50% (not sure what would be a fair number) chance to randomise their destination away from where originally intended (different enemies could appear in multiple different rooms) and a 5% chance that the enemy will appear outside the ship. (Basically killing them at the same rate as a oxygen free room)

I'd rather it had a flat 50% chance that the enemies either appear in their destination, or outside the hull! (Checked per enemy.) Teleporting outside the hull would mean instant death, since these are ships in combat, they're maneuvering and flying hard.

(Or at the very least, they'd start to immediately suffocate, couldn't do anything, and would need to waste a teleporter charge to save.)

Frankly, I don't want their destinations scrambled; they already appear in a random room, and they can even materialize in an open airlock! Scrambling their landing point just makes them more of a pain in the aft to deal with, not less.

My thinking is that 50% chance of instant death for teleporting is a bit over the top because they normally teleport 2 and while as you said the calculations would be independent that is still a flat 25% chance of one getting killed (if I can remember fractions at all that is) and my thinking for scrambling them is that it would put them in different rooms and so with level 2 or 3 doors you can deal with them one at a time which against mantis can be useful if you only have humans, slugs or zoltan.
DarkenDragon

Postby DarkenDragon » Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:22 pm

what i'd like would be more manned system, so that a crew of over 4 with no teleporter has stuff to do. this would also give more stats, and more styles of play as well

some systems I would add would be a targeting system, increase the accuracy of certain weapon systems, or add it to the current weapon systems where if you add a second person, they can jump on it and increase the accuracy.

an armory to equip your crew with upgraded weapons to help with boarding or defending the ship, of course they wouldnt be able to use other systems while heavily armed. the upgrades to it would alternate between increasing health/armor and damage. though will not increase time it takes to destroy systems. (I feel like it should be a hacking job, not a destruction, but thats just me)

allow the drone system to be manned to control the drones, to make them have targetting an area so its less random.

create a security system to allow self defense turrets in the ship to defend against boarders (this one im iffy on but would make sense) the damage will be really weak so that the enemies will have a chance to break it down, will be similar to the shields where it takes 2-3 bars for each damage upgrade or just have 1 bar for each damage upgrade but very small amounts of upgrade (it'll be similar to opening up all the air locks but without having to open the air locks and this will cost extra energy)

edit: I just thought of something else that could work for security systems, have it such that you have to have a crew member in the next room for it to be activated, upgrade would make it such that you can be in the security systems room, and after that, it can be automated

What about new races

a borg race that doesnt breath o2, and improves all systems by 1 while standing in that room (but still needs power to make it happen, think opposite of zoltans) if the system takes damage, then this unit also takes damage as well, including from ion attacks

a race that instead of walks, it teleports into different rooms, including the enemies. but takes extra combat damage (but standard damage from weapon attacks)
cybrbeast

Postby cybrbeast » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:30 pm

I would love it if level three teleporters, or maybe a special augment, gave you the option of teleporting one or two enemies out of the enemy ship and into your ship, preferably an airless room with heavy doors :)
ShadowDragon8685

Postby ShadowDragon8685 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:37 pm

cybrbeast wrote:I would love it if level three teleporters, or maybe a special augment, gave you the option of teleporting one or two enemies out of the enemy ship and into your ship, preferably an airless room with heavy doors :)

Or just teleporting them out of your ship and into space.

At the very least, if they're in your teleporter room, you should be able to do that!
Frustrated by random things beyond your control killing you?

Maxim 31: only cheaters prosper.
Warhawx

Postby Warhawx » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:53 pm

-Viva la Revolucion!-

Adds unlockable rebel ships (rebel elite etc)
Adds a default ship- rebel cruiser

Adds new campaign: following the defeat of the rebel flagship, you must flee from the federation and regroup at the designated sector! (unlocked after completing main campaign, your ship will move right to left as opposed to federation campaign which is left to right)

New Boss: Federation Flagship

New events/weapons/augmentations

More federation based enemies

Ship jacking (if you completely kill off the enemy crew and their ship is intact and you have a teleporter, you have the option to take over the enemy ship. You will be forced to abandon your old ship and its cargo, but save all resources and crews. New ships are usually worse than you (imagine 5 room slug scout). Usually used when your ship is badly damaged and you think it won't pull through another node. All upgrades and augs are also lost)

I think it'd make a good DLC
garethmagis

Postby garethmagis » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:15 pm

The thing i want the most is just a fast forward button, i mean, i can already pause the game why not add the ability to speed it up. Some ships start with really long charge time weapons and i hate how long it takes for anything to happen in every battle.
Paul

Postby Paul » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:04 pm

- Consoles in more rooms
- More ships
- More events
- More weapons
- More races
- Ability to use teleporter on enemies. not into space, perhaps into airless/inconvenient rooms though.....
- Ability to surrender/negotiate
- Ability to ship-jack (then use any ship that beats the boss in future play-though.....)
- Ability to have more then 8 crew!
- Free mode
- No more systems.....it's hard enough to get a full set as it is. If anything, more ship-specific systems like the artillery beam.
- More crew names (Blackadder reference, please add "Bob" for a female crew member.....)
Sardonic

Postby Sardonic » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:06 pm

Needs a monolith stargate from 2001.

Space monster events, as in fighting an actual space monster.

Fights with a rogue AI of some sort.

Plasma weapons.

There's a *lot* of content that could fit into the game.

Edit: Comedy "satellite of love" ship option.
Chaz GELF

Postby Chaz GELF » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:03 pm

Sami172 wrote:Good ideas so far, but i wish there are other game modes, like a free one without the rebel fleet chasing you, so you can explore every system in an endless game with harder enemys each sector. Would love that.

Absolutely, I'd love for FTL to have a sandbox mode so I can explore at my own pace without the threat of rebels looming over me.

Of course, that being said, maybe Sandbox mode should have some limitations, such as preventing you from unlocking certain achievements or ships. I'm not sure whether or not that'd be a good idea, or if unlocking ships/layouts should be allowed regardless of game mode. I know it can be pretty dang hard to get all six aliens on board your ship in a standard playthrough.
Leonick

Postby Leonick » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:08 pm

Millennium wrote:I would love to see:
Designing my own ship from scratch, with a limit of course.

That would be awesome. I figured mods will eventually do it anyway but being able to create your own in game would be awesome, probably pretty hard to execute though.

Sami172 wrote:Good ideas so far, but i wish there are other game modes, like a free one without the rebel fleet chasing you, so you can explore every system in an endless game with harder enemys each sector. Would love that.

That one also sounds great.

More ships and races of course.

Also, a kind of minor thing but it really feels like it's missing. Let me sell missiles, drone parts and even fuel at stores, it's the only thing you can't sell that can be bought at a store (I think) except for crewmembers. Seems odd, would be great, give you the option to get rid of missiles or drones in case your not using either as well as for those cases when you find a weapon you want but your missing just a few scrap, would be great to sacrifice some missiles, drone parts of fuel then.