[SHIP] [AE] Automated Scout - UPDATED FOR AE

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
RAD-82

Re: [SHIP] [AE] [BETA] Automated Scout - AE BETA

Postby RAD-82 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:16 am

5thHorseman wrote:
RAD-82 wrote:I just loaded it to see the store issue, but I also noticed the ship didn't look right. I think it is a _floor issue, but I haven't actually looked at the files beyond the systemBlueprints. I might look again later, but not right now.

I never notice these things. The floor is a mostly blank image, I think.

Now that I've looked at it again, the _floor image is a copy of the _base image, and the aas.xml file is offsetting it by 3 pixels. The cloak is also a little off.

Replace

Code: Select all

<offsets>
   <floor x="3" y="0" />
   <cloak x="3" y="-1" />
</offsets>
with

Code: Select all

<offsets>
   <floor x="0" y="0" />
   <cloak x="0" y="0" />
</offsets>
and it should be fine.
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:29 am

RAD-82 wrote:...it should be fine.

Sweet thanks. I've got those changes in my local file though I'm going to do some work on the medbay/clonebay/hacking/mindcontrol issues before I upload it.

Again, thanks. You're a godsend.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:58 am

Yeah 2 systems in the same room works, but it appears that (at least for repair drones) the one that always gets hit is unrepairable. The drone kept going to the room, seeing nothing needed done, then went back to the drone bay. Then it was like "OMG Mind Control's broken" and went back. Back and forth it went while the room slowly fixed itself because I was an automated scout.

Other than that it works fine, and I still wonder what would happen if you had all systems and subsystems in a single room :D

But it's not what I want in this mod, so I have to find a way to fit an extra room somewhere. Or maybe I'll put "Low O2 Icons" in the mod and make the rooms 1x1...
My Videos - MY MOD HUB

R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:51 am

5thHorseman wrote:Yeah 2 systems in the same room works, but it appears that (at least for repair drones) the one that always gets hit is unrepairable. The drone kept going to the room, seeing nothing needed done, then went back to the drone bay. Then it was like "OMG Mind Control's broken" and went back. Back and forth it went while the room slowly fixed itself because I was an automated scout.

Other than that it works fine, and I still wonder what would happen if you had all systems and subsystems in a single room :D

But it's not what I want in this mod, so I have to find a way to fit an extra room somewhere. Or maybe I'll put "Low O2 Icons" in the mod and make the rooms 1x1...

Huh? Tell me more about systems ontop of each other.... I'm curious as this could fix a problem 1 ship of mine has issues with....
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:16 pm

R4V3-0N wrote:Huh? Tell me more about systems ontop of each other.... I'm curious as this could fix a problem 1 ship of mine has issues with....

In SL2 if you assign a room that already has a system/subsystem in it a second system/subsystem, BOTH will now be in the room. You can set them individually by right clicking the room (you'll see them both in the menu). In theory you could possibly assign a whole bunch of systems and subsystems to a room but I don't know the effects of that. For all I know more than 2 could crash FTL so it'll take some testing.

Anyway, if you do that with medbay and clone bay, they work as expected. If you do it with any other room types they stack (again, I only tried it with 2 systems). Own 0? Empty room. Buy 1? Normal room. Buy the 2nd one? The symbols and room graphics overlap and both systems work as expected. However, when the room gets hit only one system takes damage (It may be the "top" system, or the "bottom" system, or even the system the AI targets. It would require some testing to be sure). When you try to fix the room (at least with the drone this happened. Need I say this will require more testing?) you can only fix one of those rooms and I'm not sure how the game decides which one you can fix.

It may be possible to set the game up so you could have a room that cannot be hit in this way. There are a lot of things that need testing (in addition to the above, I also would like to test what happens if you pair a clone bay with a non-medbay system for example) and a lot of potential pitfalls (Not being able to repair a system is bad, mmmkay) but also a lot of potential coolness.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB

RAD-82

Re: [SHIP] [AE] [BETA] Automated Scout - AE BETA 2

Postby RAD-82 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:38 pm

This is purely opinion, but I don't think the mini-ship icon needs to face right with this ship. It could have a little bit more detail if it was facing up or down. Preferably up. :P

edit: Just the basic resize, after I cropped off the empty space. I used the auto assault from the game rather than the one from the mod. I haven't looked at it closely enough, but I assumed you didn't change anything on the hull.
ImageImage
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
5thHorseman

Re: [SHIP] [AE] [BETA] Automated Scout - AE BETA 2

Postby 5thHorseman » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:36 pm

I have removed the Beta tag from this, as the ship seems to have no problems other than the minor (and unfixable anyway) visual problems stemming from the extra drone slot and lack of crew.

I will still respond to bug report and feature suggestions of course. Such as..

RAD-82 wrote:This is purely opinion, but I don't think the mini-ship icon needs to face right with this ship. It could have a little bit more detail if it was facing up or down. Preferably up. :P

edit: Just the basic resize, after I cropped off the empty space. I used the auto assault from the game rather than the one from the mod. I haven't looked at it closely enough, but I assumed you didn't change anything on the hull.
ImageImage

Looks good. I'll update the ship when I have time (Probably after at least doing the Asteroid if not both the Asteroid and Black Opal), though it may just wait for a batch update along with the gibs. I do like it though, the way it is now looks kinda funny :)
My Videos - MY MOD HUB

BlueTemplar

Re: [SHIP] [AE] Automated Scout - UPDATED FOR AE

Postby BlueTemplar » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:53 pm

Trying to give a crewmember to slavers by drawing straws when there are no crewmemebers hangs the game. (Thankfully you can reload the game from the previous beacon.)
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:59 pm

BlueTemplar wrote:Trying to give a crewmember to slavers by drawing straws when there are no crewmemebers hangs the game. (Thankfully you can reload the game from the previous beacon.)

Thanks for the bug report! I've added this to the list of things to address :)
My Videos - MY MOD HUB

Awesome Warlord

Postby Awesome Warlord » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:04 pm

WHAT SHIP DOES THIS REPLACE?