[MOD][WIP]The Arcadian War - Collaboration Mod

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Russian Rockman

Re: [MOD][WIP]The Arcadian War - Collaboration Mod

Postby Russian Rockman » Tue May 27, 2014 3:18 pm

R4V3-0N wrote:
Russian Rockman wrote:What are those new weapons!! :o I must know!!!!! :D

Maybe if you ask nicely, me being the guy who made 7 of those weapons, I could tell you what they do in pm.

Only if you ask nicely. ;)

Oh noble Raven!!! If you could find it in your heart to give me any inkling as to what those weapons do I would be enternally grateful. :geek: For you see, the awesomeness of what you have created is causing my curiosity to consume me. I humbly request to know what it is those weapons can accomplish so I can finally know if they are as awesome as they look. :mrgreen:

I look forward to seeing what lese you guys can do.
BTW @Anthonest, that new ship you just posted looks pretty cool I must say. ;)
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Wed May 28, 2014 5:58 pm

Been listening to the music all morning and I must say most of it is pretty awesome! ;) "In Deep" is a particular favorite. "Pace of Battle" is a bit of a jump-scare though, and somewhat discordant - don't think I'd care to hear that one in the game. Overall, I think the only critique I could offer is that some (particularly the main theme) are just a bit too repetitive, cycling the same few chords and not really giving any sense of progression. Serviceable as BGM I suppose but for listening stand-alone they drag on a little long.

Excellent job though, really enjoying the music.
META_mahn

Postby META_mahn » Wed May 28, 2014 10:36 pm

commenting just to subscribe to post.
Back from the dead. After a two year hiatus.
Anthonest

Postby Anthonest » Fri May 30, 2014 10:12 am

Kieve wrote:Been listening to the music all morning and I must say most of it is pretty awesome! ;) "In Deep" is a particular favorite. "Pace of Battle" is a bit of a jump-scare though, and somewhat discordant - don't think I'd care to hear that one in the game. Overall, I think the only critique I could offer is that some (particularly the main theme) are just a bit too repetitive, cycling the same few chords and not really giving any sense of progression. Serviceable as BGM I suppose but for listening stand-alone they drag on a little long.

Excellent job though, really enjoying the music.

Thanks, i have no idea why i like "Pace of Battle" so much, but you and R4V3-0N have given your input on it as unfitting for FTL. I guess ill make an alternative.
triggerhappyengi

Postby triggerhappyengi » Sat May 31, 2014 11:54 pm

Like the music. What did you use to make it?
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:41 am

Anthonest wrote:Thanks, i have no idea why i like "Pace of Battle" so much, but you and R4V3-0N have given your input on it as unfitting for FTL. I guess ill make an alternative.

There's no shame in that, I've abandoned a few of the Incursor tracks as being unfit for game use. Even the FTL soundtrack has some unused tunes ("Horror" and "Federation").
By the way, did I mention I really love "In Deep" yet? Because... seriously, wow. I could loop that all day.
Anthonest

Postby Anthonest » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:32 am

Kieve wrote:
Anthonest wrote:Thanks, i have no idea why i like "Pace of Battle" so much, but you and R4V3-0N have given your input on it as unfitting for FTL. I guess ill make an alternative.

There's no shame in that, I've abandoned a few of the Incursor tracks as being unfit for game use. Even the FTL soundtrack has some unused tunes ("Horror" and "Federation").
By the way, did I mention I really love "In Deep" yet? Because... seriously, wow. I could loop that all day.

Lol thanks, i wouldnt call it my finest work but its probably the best thing ive done that fits FTL. When i listen to it i think it fits in perfectly. I can't wait to put these in game.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:56 am

Kieve wrote:By the way, did I mention I really love "In Deep" yet? Because... seriously, wow. I could loop that all day.

I love "In Deep" as well, also the Engi one and I do like all of them but I can't really pic favorites :D
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
ZippyDragon

Postby ZippyDragon » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:20 pm

can we get a WIP download so we can give feedback?
"Advertise like shameless whores" - Jesse Cox
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:02 pm

There is one (technically), a ship from it is put for download atm.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.