We need your help making FTL LEGOs! (also, 50% off sale!)

Official posts about the development of the game.
Justin
Site Admin

We need your help making FTL LEGOs! (also, 50% off sale!)

Postby Justin » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:57 pm

Hey all, couple of big things.

First off, Steam has officially launched their Linux version. This means if you own the game on Steam you can play it on all 3 operating systems. To celebrate the occasion a number of Linux games are on sale this week including FTL. You can get it on Steam and at our website for 50% off! Don't forget if you purchase through our website you'll get the DRM-free versions in addition to a purchase-key for Steam.

Second, we need your help! a FTL Fan, CrashSanders, has launched a campaign to get mini-versions of the ships and crew of FTL to officially be sold by LEGO. As of this post, he needs 8,000 more votes to (hopefully) make it a reality. If you're at all interested in seeing these awesome things exist, tell your friends and spend 3 min to set up an account and vote on the project!
If you're having hull problems, I feel bad for you son. I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
Keithustus

Re: We need your help making FTL LEGOs! (also, 50% off sale

Postby Keithustus » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:14 am

Wow, Lego must hate you guys. You reached over 10k supporters, and then they declined your project, removed some of the supporters so you're now under 10k, and the list of "most supported" projects don't have as many backers, and searching for "FTL" or "Faster Than Light" doesn't even bring you to the project page.
Benjamin_Cook

Postby Benjamin_Cook » Thu May 01, 2014 7:56 pm

This is ridiculous! I'd have bought these, absolutely! LEGO sucks -.-
UristMcGuffin

Postby UristMcGuffin » Thu May 01, 2014 11:42 pm

If Lego is going to can this project, can ya'll upload the directions and the parts list?
KnightRaider

Postby KnightRaider » Tue May 13, 2014 11:04 pm

Looks awesome, My bros would love to play with these :)
BricksterJohn

Postby BricksterJohn » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:40 pm

If you'd like to pursue making some custom FTL sets unoffically, send me an email I may be able to help :)
john.ingemi@gordon.edu
CrashSanders

Postby CrashSanders » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:11 am

[quote="BricksterJohn"]If you'd like to pursue making some custom FTL sets unoffically, send me an email I may be able to help :)
john.ingemi@gordon.edu[/quote]
Good news guys, I am still alive, and actively work towards selling digital instructions to Lego FTL ships! It just needs some more time and actual word from Subsets.
Shloogorgh

Postby Shloogorgh » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:55 pm

I will certainly buy any FTL lego instructions you make available. I'm excited that this idea isn't dead.

Will there be minifig instructions as well? I'm not sure how feasible they are without custom pieces, but that was a major point of excitement for me.

Also do you think you'll go beyond the ships shown on the cuusoo page? C ships, Crystal ships, Lanius ships, NPC ships, it could go on and on. I'd love a Lanius ship (and minifig) but also the Rebel Flagship is screaming to be made.
memetics

Postby memetics » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:29 am

Just got into the game recently, and I'd love to have Lego models. Please do continue to pursue this project.

Is there any chance a new appeal / petition could be made to Lego? Perhaps they'll reconsider?

-m
CrashSanders

Postby CrashSanders » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:01 pm

@ Shloogorgh, I have a few models of non-playable ships, but most of them even harder to make than playables, so I don't know. As for C-layouts, I made a few but wasn't planning on doing the instructions. Also, it is not me who make instructions, it's my comrade and partner Glen, and he has some crazy time recently, so the instruction making goes really slow.

@ Memetics I don't know and I am not sure it is possible to re-make the FTL project. So for now I focus on producing PDF instructions.

Has anyone seen Justin and Matthew online recently?