Various Valorous Virtual Ventures - FTL Videos

Share and discuss FTL-related videos here.
VanguardOfValor

Re: Various Valorous Virtual Ventures - FTL Videos

Postby VanguardOfValor » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:10 am

Happy New Year!

To celebrate the new year, here is the start of a new adventure in Infinite Space with The Moke by TaxiService as our ship! Come check it out!
Various Valorous Videos, should you be interested...
VanguardOfValor

Postby VanguardOfValor » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:20 pm

Just realized I never updated this thread when I added the Derelict stream to youtube (which can be found here or in the first post), so I've now fixed that and I've also added a little teaser of a video which may be appearing soon...
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:42 pm

I enjoyed that series very much. That was indeed a very memorable, super intense run. It's also a great showcase for CE. :D Most recommended!
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:07 pm

I'm going to post a complaint concerning the newest challenge run. At the beginning, you say there is only visual mods and nothing changing the gameplay in any way. That is a lie, completely unintentional, I'm sure. I won't point it out, because I feel like leaving that discovery to others. Hint: dual.

Always nice to see more videos. :)
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
VanguardOfValor

Postby VanguardOfValor » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:53 am

The change to dual lasers is something I've had in my version of the game since literally forever - since I didn't notice it when I originally made my custom visuals pack - so I always forget it is different from vanilla. :P

I'm also pretty sure that Derelict run was the most stressful game of ftl I've ever played. :P

Anyhow, I'm also updating the first post with the no-healing challenge run I've attempted, which you can find here if that interests you!
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:06 am

VanguardOfValor wrote:The change to dual lasers is something I've had in my version of the game since literally forever - since I didn't notice it when I originally made my custom visuals pack - so I always forget it is different from vanilla. :P

Change to dual lasers? I thought the only change to those was the graphics so it didn't look like the burst laser I, which doesn't change gameplay. I'm referring to something that does change gameplay; a change to the weapons an enemy can spawn with. The hint was "dual" because vanilla enemies don't have dual lasers. That isn't actually a change to the dual lasers, but to the enemies. :geek: Your statement doesn't mention enemies, so I don't know if this is what you are saying is different from vanilla or if you have some other actual change to how the dual lasers work.
VanguardOfValor

Postby VanguardOfValor » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:32 pm

That's what I was referring to.
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:16 pm

In regards to the visual compilation of yours affecting the game itself, another thing I just noticed was that your Halberd Beam has a breach chance (and presumably the Hull Beam will do as well). These were phased out in 1.03.3 because beforehand, those breach chances never worked in the first place.
stvip

Postby stvip » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:25 pm

Vault valiantly - vanquish vile vermin villains. Victory! Vindication! Vive Vanguard of Valor!
VanguardOfValor

Postby VanguardOfValor » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:43 pm

stvip wrote:Vault valiantly - vanquish vile vermin villains. Victory! Vindication! Vive Vanguard of Valor!

Not bad, but I feel like it needs some more V words.