FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Nider_01

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.102b [New Release: CE Infinite]

Postby Nider_01 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:29 pm

Nope, the deeps space sector is technically the Crystal sector. ;) You can still get crystal crewmen through the quest, but the ancient device event is disabled in CEI. It would just take you to another deep space sector anyway.

I found ancient device in deep space. :? But I haven't crystal crew to test it...
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:33 pm

You should test what happens when jumping to secret sector from sector 8 though. Or I'll do it next chance I get. Sometimes I've been surprised with things I've tested, but it probably would cause a crash.

About the quarantine events and crystal sector... I still think it might be a good idea to disable the most generic sectors so that the normal sectors are only ones like quarantine, AI controlled, or industrial, or homeworlds just to mix things up. I haven't come across any of these events in deep space so far. And for base CE I do think it would be a good idea to tweak the Homeworld event probabilities. It always bugged me in vanilla. You should encounter only Mantis in Mantis Homeworlds and in my opinion they should have more risk/reward than standard sectors. Also, just for CE Infinite maybe a new unique sector could be created for the Crystal Homeworlds and have a chance of spawning as a normal sector. That way we can still get the Crystal events and maybe if you have a Crystal Crew at the start of this sector it will still spawn its quest.
Estel

Postby Estel » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:51 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:
Estel wrote:7. The asteroid-belt type hazard sector states (in event text) that rebel fleet will have trouble traveling trough this sector. Hoever, it advanced at perfectly normal rate (not reduced, like in nebula). (Severity: Medium)

Yeah I'm going to take these out cause I will not start to rewrite all this events for CEI.

Understood - but, just to be sure that we're talking about same thing - *only* the plasta storm thingie was a problem in CE Infinite. The asteroid belt from my quote above, that should delay rebel fleet, was a "legit" hazard sector (sector 6, in my case), not in deep space. Everything worked as it should (99% of beacons there had asteroids, special events, etc), except for rebel fleet, that wasn't advancing slower than normal.

Thats why I've posted in under "CE base" section of bug report.

Sleeper Service wrote:Sounds reasonable. I just did a single test run by the way, just to see if it technically works. Exponential upgrade progression coming up in the next update.

Thanks! (and for other things you accepted for fixing/tweaking, of course) Yea, I remember statement about "just throwing it up" after single test run, thats why I took disciplined approach to keep and eye on balance and think about possibilities to improve it (and then calculate results, to check if my ideas have sense in real world :D ). I'm glad that it sounds usable.

Sleeper Service wrote:Nope, the deeps space sector is technically the Crystal sector. ;) You can still get crystal crewmen through the quest, but the ancient device event is disabled in CEI. It would just take you to another deep space sector anyway.

Thought as so ;)

Russian Rockman wrote:Also, just for CE Infinite maybe a new unique sector could be created for the Crystal Homeworlds and have a chance of spawning as a normal sector. That way we can still get the Crystal events and maybe if you have a Crystal Crew at the start of this sector it will still spawn its quest.

While it would be nice to have chance for Crystal sector quest while playing CEI, I'm afraid recreating it correctly is just impossible. Having it as normal "unique" sector would kinda kill the magic - seeing the legendary Crystal homeworlds every dozen of runs, or more - not to mention being not entirely lore friendly (Crystal Homeworlds in the middle of the "highway" to Federation base? And they still "doesn't have any records" for crystal ships? :shock: No doubt Federation is collapsing, Turzil need to be fired)

After all, I consider CE Infinite as alternate experience, not something to replace normal sessions for every and each playthrough (like CE did for me, vs vanilla - CE just never ceases being active in my modlist ;) )

Sleeper Service wrote:The problem here is that a lot of the event texts refer to what is happening in the whole sector (like the Hazard events mentioned above). Rewriting these is a lot of busy work and really boring.

Ack(nowledged). But, it is busy work as in "lot of scripting", or as in "lot of flavor text to edit, cutting out things that don't match, but leaving their spirit and lore-friendly thing"? If it's the latter, maybe CEI fans could volounteer - it would be nice to have as diverse deep space sectors, as possible (especially the quarantine things - as it adds unexpected risk).

Russian Rockman wrote:About the quarantine events and crystal sector... I still think it might be a good idea to disable the most generic sectors so that the normal sectors are only ones like quarantine, AI controlled, or industrial, or homeworlds just to mix things up.

I'm not sure if I understand this correctly - you're thinking about disabling civilian events for deep space, alltogether? :shock: It would be a little strange to not encounter "regular" situations there, just a mix of extremes from faction-controlled sectors. It would feel more tense than regular sectors, while we're in some backwater systems (think Outer Rims from SW universe)

Russian Rockman wrote: And for base CE I do think it would be a good idea to tweak the Homeworld event probabilities. It always bugged me in vanilla. You should encounter only Mantis in Mantis Homeworlds and in my opinion they should have more risk/reward than standard sectors.

Nah, pirates should have chances to appear anywhere, they're like bacteria, you know? ;) Also, there are many lore-friendly vanilla events with factions meet on other's one homeworld (like the rock renegades hiding from Zoltan border police on Zoltan sectors).

/Estel
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:08 pm

Russian Rockman wrote:Also, just for CE Infinite maybe a new unique sector could be created for the Crystal Homeworlds and have a chance of spawning as a normal sector. That way we can still get the Crystal events and maybe if you have a Crystal Crew at the start of this sector it will still spawn its quest.

Yeah, i think I'll include that, but with the usual requirement of having a crystal crewmen aboard to be able to enter it. The start event for that sector could include the ancient device and would just warp you on to another deep space sector if you have no crystal aboard.

Right now I'm more fascinated of enabling the player to find something about 500 slightly different weapons in the game. I made a huge template for CE Endless Loot and started assigning the tags.
Last edited by Sleeper Service on Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The wise Sten

Postby The wise Sten » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:04 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:

Yeah, i think I'll include that, but with the usual requirement of having a crystal crewmen aboard to be able to enter it. The start event for that sector could include the ancient device and would just warp you on to another deep space sector if you have no crystal aboard.

Right now I'm more fascinated of enabling the player able to find something about 500 slightly different weapons in the game. I made a huge template for CE Endless Loot and started assigning the tags.

Does that mean CE Endless loot is coming soon?!
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:52 pm

Not sure how long it will take to apply all the tags, but It will be the next thing that will be released.
The wise Sten

Postby The wise Sten » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:48 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:Not sure how long it will take to apply all the tags, but It will be the next thing that will be released.

Yay! :D
Acceleratio

Postby Acceleratio » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:04 pm

Is it just me or are the PSA events in deep space not working anymore. I get the warning but my ship doesnt get targeted anymore...
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:26 pm

I was thinking, sleepy, that maybe you would want to give PDS (planetary or point) spotter ships their own weapon list with higher probability of effectors and bombs, as to increase the chances that you're gonna have engines or cockpit temporarily disabled.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:49 pm

Acceleratio wrote:Is it just me or are the PSA events in deep space not working anymore. I get the warning but my ship doesnt get targeted anymore...

Can you specify which event that was?