Sale pricing already - *bit* uneasy a kickstarter supporter

General discussion about the game.
adamsorkin

Sale pricing already - *bit* uneasy a kickstarter supporter

Postby adamsorkin » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:04 pm

So - got my game this morning, and I'm really enjoying it - nice work!

Just wanted to express a little bit of disappointment that it's on-sale for @ $9, for less than my kickstarter pledge. I know it's only a dollar, and look - I'm more than happy to have spent that dollar in support of producing a quality game. Just bothered me a bit that new purchasers are getting preferential treatment to early supporters on release day.

I'll go away now.
Darthcaboose

Re: Sale pricing already - *bit* uneasy a kickstarter suppor

Postby Darthcaboose » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:09 pm

You should think about your extra dollar as having provided the FTL team an incentive to finance, develop and publish the game. Without your, and many others, extra dollar(s), this game may have been left on the drawing board!
icepick

Postby icepick » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:11 pm

They have been more than fair. They let ks backers into the beta early. They didn't let ANYone pre-order other than ks backers.

They have literally gone out of their way to be fair. And they have more than done so. So let's not go there.
Meirleach

Postby Meirleach » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:36 pm

Kickstarter backers do get a GoG and Steam copy of the game, which is something. Plus I don't really mind the extra dollar considering the beta was incredibly stable and playable.

Also anyone paying in Euro on Steam, is paying 9euro which is 11dollars and 82cent. So you're still ahead of those guys!
Burius81

Postby Burius81 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:52 pm

I bought FTL from the website this morning and paid $10.00; I'll call it a tip ;)

Been waitin' on this game for 3 weeks!
netmute

Postby netmute » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:26 pm

I almost expected it, but it still makes me a little sad that threads like this pop up.
Backing on Kickstarter is not preordering something for cheap, it's financing an idea :/
adamsorkin

Postby adamsorkin » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:51 pm

Interest free financing, at that. Which I'm more than happy to have provided, and would have provided more so seeing the final product.

Excellent points about the GOG/Steam copies...I certainly don't think I'm owed anything beyond fair treatment, or that I didn't get more than what I was promised. Just feel slightly, er, slighted by release pricing. I'll give up - be gentle... and enjoy your games.
icepick

Postby icepick » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:58 pm

Haha. I do understand where you're coming from. I just choose to not feel that way. :)
Dahn

Postby Dahn » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:49 pm

I paid $20 for my copy of FTL, I got in on the Beta early and I did my bit to try and help with the few flaws left in...
Today, I paid another $5 to get the soundtrack from Ben's site.

I think that every penny has been worth it, I really don't care that folks today have been able to buy the game for less...
I'm actually regretting not paying MORE!
I could have been on the list for the artbooks when they are done then!

You look at a lot of games on release, they have a few quid off.
It's becoming "normal" to try to spike the first day's sales as high as possible.

Don't worry about how much someone else paid for it, the question is, are you enjoying it? Is it worth it to you?
Because, when it comes down to it, worth is a very personal judgement.

Anyway, after all this waffling, I hope that you enjoy playing your game as much (or more) as I do!
I'm up to 98 hours (Early kickstart beta) and still loving it and still finding new things.
Viper_h

Postby Viper_h » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:07 pm

I'm annoyed because I bought the game as soon as it came out on gog.com for $9.99 and now it's $8.99. It's only a dollar but it's the principle of the thing. They discounted the game within hours after it came out? What's all that about?