[MOD][NEW UPDATE! 3.3.2013][v1.2] Advanced Battle Systems

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Hissatsu

Re: [MOD][NEW UPDATE! 3.3.2013][v1.2] Advanced Battle System

Postby Hissatsu » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:45 pm

Doesn't look like the author is planning to update this again, so I'll post this file here. Rename it to .ftl in order to use it as usual. This is the same mod, but with asteroids added back (as the bug with 5 shields is supposed to be fixed by now), and two visual bugs fixed - the system upgrade mouseover being blank, and red "warning" shields icon being the old one for four shield blobs).

Hope the author doesn't mind, if you do - please take the graphics from my file and add it to yours and reupload your mod with fixed graphics, so everybody would be getting that.

Thanks!

PS: There's stil need to fix the cloak button graphics, but I didn't get to that as I'm not a graphics artist - i only fixed what was obvious.
DragonMaster2962

Postby DragonMaster2962 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:51 pm

Hissatsu wrote:Doesn't look like the author is planning to update this again, so I'll post this file here. Rename it to .ftl in order to use it as usual. This is the same mod, but with asteroids added back (as the bug with 5 shields is supposed to be fixed by now), and two visual bugs fixed - the system upgrade mouseover being blank, and red "warning" shields icon being the old one for four shield blobs).

Hope the author doesn't mind, if you do - please take the graphics from my file and add it to yours and reupload your mod with fixed graphics, so everybody would be getting that.

Thanks!

PS: There's stil need to fix the cloak button graphics, but I didn't get to that as I'm not a graphics artist - i only fixed what was obvious.

renaming it dosent work for me please help
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:28 pm

Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
DragonMaster2962

Postby DragonMaster2962 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:00 am

thx for the help
electricz0ltan

Postby electricz0ltan » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:24 pm

Hissatsu wrote:Doesn't look like the author is planning to update this again, so I'll post this file here. Rename it to .ftl in order to use it as usual. This is the same mod, but with asteroids added back (as the bug with 5 shields is supposed to be fixed by now), and two visual bugs fixed - the system upgrade mouseover being blank, and red "warning" shields icon being the old one for four shield blobs).

Thanks!

yes, nataryeahbuddy won't be returning to this mod anytime soon, or maybe even FTL
I'll give you permission to do whatever you want with it (i know nataryeahbuddy IRL)
I dont know, maybe he'll come back when FTL AE is released, but for all i know, the mod is dead for now
If you see something suspicious, please report it to you local Zoltan Police Station. All issues will be dealt with immediately
nataryeahbuddy

Postby nataryeahbuddy » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:33 pm

electricz0ltan wrote:yes, nataryeahbuddy won't be returning to this mod anytime soon, or maybe even FTL
I'll give you permission to do whatever you want with it (i know nataryeahbuddy IRL)
I dont know, maybe he'll come back when FTL AE is released, but for all i know, the mod is dead for now

Hi electricz0ltan told me you guys were discussing this so feel free to do whatever you want.

I've updated the OP with the new link btw
My most popular mod! Over 290 Downloads!
Advanced Weapons and Shields!
My second most popular mod! Over 240 Downloads!
Advanced Battle Systems!
An awesome ship with custom graphics and two new weapons!
F-22A Raptor for FTL
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:47 pm

Thanks for the update natar o/
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
Macil2018

Postby Macil2018 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:39 am

I would like to help with the cloak button problem. Is there a way to obtain the original artwork from the game to modify by chance? My reverse engineering skill is somewhat lacking. =)
English Narwhal

Postby English Narwhal » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:12 pm

Macil2018 wrote:I would like to help with the cloak button problem. Is there a way to obtain the original artwork from the game to modify by chance? My reverse engineering skill is somewhat lacking. =)

Use ftldat to unpack the resource.dat file.
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:06 pm

English Narwhal wrote:
Macil2018 wrote:I would like to help with the cloak button problem. Is there a way to obtain the original artwork from the game to modify by chance? My reverse engineering skill is somewhat lacking. =)

Use ftldat to unpack the resource.dat file.

Alternately, if you're not a fan of command-line work, SMM 1.4 has the "file->Unpack" option as well.