Rebel art style and RPG Codex interview!

Official posts about the development of the game.
Justin
Site Admin

Rebel art style and RPG Codex interview!

Postby Justin » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:59 pm

Hey guys.

I figured you may find this interesting. The images for the two rebel ships were some of the first that I had made for the game. They were created before I had nailed down an art style and pipeline for creating new ships. This weekend we were revisiting the general look for the rebels and we decided it was time to update them to match the rest of the game. Let us know what you think!

The top image was the original and the bottom are the updated versions. I tried to keep the same motifs of the copypasta wing design and the general shape.

Also, a new interview has gone online! Check it out on RPG Codex: http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=8133
It's pretty in-depth and contains a new screenshot that shows off another player ship, this time based on the Engi alien race.

I'll make a mirror post in the discussion forum for responses.
If you're having hull problems, I feel bad for you son. I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
Lestibournes

Re: Rebel art style and RPG Codex interview!

Postby Lestibournes » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:00 am

I actually prefer the original designs, although they could use more detail.
SushaBrancaleone

Postby SushaBrancaleone » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:41 pm

awsome thx. can we see more?
Artamba

Postby Artamba » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:38 am

I love this shit. It's brilliant to see how a style changes to suit what the artist feels is closer to the game's 'feel'. And he nailed it ;)