Getting Secret Ship not Fun

General discussion about the game.
fall_ark

Re: Getting Secret Ship not Fun

Postby fall_ark » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:25 pm

Justin wrote:There's been lots of talk about how to do more background story and post-game recaps, but that is actually really cute and not too difficult to implement. I'll keep it in mind, someone repost it on get satisfaction?

Done.

I'm a huge "cosmetic content" fan and to be honest it seems a natural addition to the game - some event descriptions are basically the same thing. :)
You can post images in signature?
censor

Postby censor » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:19 pm

I got really bored trying to unlock the crystal ship. I have tried more than 30 times and I have not luck. It seems it is easier to unlock with the rock ship, but I REALLY hate that ship. :cry:
Spleenling

Postby Spleenling » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:45 am

censor wrote:I got really bored trying to unlock the crystal ship. I have tried more than 30 times and I have not luck. It seems it is easier to unlock with the rock ship, but I REALLY hate that ship. :cry:

The type B rock ship isnt that bad but after 30-40+? runs with it it get really boring
OrangeBottle

Postby OrangeBottle » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:18 am

AUGH! I am so pissed right now.

>Get stasis pod

>next three jumps, get the zoltan scientist event and unlock the pod

>rock homeworlds is the next sector, go there

>No quest beacon

>Search desperately for the hidden portal

>Don't find it before the rebels cover the entire map

Can we please get a quest marker on the final objective? It would make sense, because the crystal guy would remember where his home is.
Spleenling

Postby Spleenling » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:47 am

OrangeBottle wrote:AUGH! I am so pissed right now.

>Get stasis pod

>next three jumps, get the zoltan scientist event and unlock the pod

>rock homeworlds is the next sector, go there

>No quest beacon

>Search desperately for the hidden portal

>Don't find it before the rebels cover the entire map

Can we please get a quest marker on the final objective? It would make sense, because the crystal guy would remember where his home is.

I have had that twice now
Bushman

Postby Bushman » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:53 pm

Quest marker and force at least one of the remaining zones to be a rock homeworld.

This is annoying.
censor

Postby censor » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:10 pm

Shit shit shit shit and more shit... I can´t get the damn secret ship. I have tried many times. More than 50 times. And i´m unable.
I was a kickstarter and have played nearly 300 hours and nearly 500 games, and definitively getting the damn secret ship in NOT funny. If I try with rock ship, I have to face that I will empty my missile stock. I HATE rock ship because if u have no more missiles, u have to quit game. And with another ship I do not get the fucking events.
If I get the final stage with no events triggered, I just quit even I´m ready to kill the boss.

Just give me the secret ship. :( :( :( :( :( :x :x :x :x :x :x :( :( :( :( :( :x :x :x :x :?
Spleenling

Postby Spleenling » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:19 am

censor wrote:Shit shit shit shit and more shit... I can´t get the damn secret ship. I have tried many times. More than 50 times. And i´m unable.
I was a kickstarter and have played nearly 300 hours and nearly 500 games, and definitively getting the damn secret ship in NOT funny. If I try with rock ship, I have to face that I will empty my missile stock. I HATE rock ship because if u have no more missiles, u have to quit game. And with another ship I do not get the fucking events.
If I get the final stage with no events triggered, I just quit even I´m ready to kill the boss.

Just give me the secret ship. :( :( :( :( :( :x :x :x :x :x :x :( :( :( :( :( :x :x :x :x :?

The Type B rock ship is better to do this with and you need to get non missile weapons on the default as soon as possible
thither

Postby thither » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:50 pm

Ok, dumb question maybe, but once I have the stasis pod, what should I be looking for for the Zoltan scientist event? Is there a ship there, or is it a blank beacon (assuming I have long-range scanners)? Can it occur in nebula? (I've run across it several times, but I only managed to unlock the pod once, and then I couldn't get to the Rock Homeworlds.)