Update v1.0 & v1.01 - Very few changes

General discussion about the game.
Matthew
Site Admin

Update v1.0 & v1.01 - Very few changes

Postby Matthew » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:35 am

We're rolling over into 1.0 more because "it's just that time" than really any specific upgrade. Thank you all for reporting the countless bugs over the last weeks (and months). We're coming out of Beta and headed for release in just ~3 more days!

To those still having issues: Don't worry, this doesn't mean we're done. We just wanted to mark that this is the beginning of the 'release version' now. I'll still be hard at work :)

v 1.0

Changes:

-Weapon/Drone overflow box when at full capacity has been restored to a functioning state
-Title screen music was corrupted in the last updated, it's been fixed
-More typos and event fixes

v 1.01

-Grammar, typos, etc.
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
Gorlom

Re: Update v1.0 - Very few changes

Postby Gorlom » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:45 am

zasdarq wrote:-Title screen music was corrupted in the last updated, it's been fixed

Is the credit screen music fixed too? :D
Iviv

Postby Iviv » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:31 pm

Just a heads up, this recent update has upset my antivirus. Eset Smart Security has it listed as a false positive:

I've submitted the file to them to try and fix the heuristic detection, but it renders the game unplayable unless you set Eset to ignore the FTLgame.exe. Hope this warns you of other potential emails you might be receiving on the subject!
Sardonic

Postby Sardonic » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:16 pm

Looks good! I see the steam store page for FTL now as well. Will Steam Achievements be working on release?
curithwin

Postby curithwin » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:58 pm

Awesome... Still need to beat the boss... The last run had my heart in my mouth and my daughters mouth empty for a while. ;)
icepick

Postby icepick » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:18 pm

Sardonic wrote:Looks good! I see the steam store page for FTL now as well. Will Steam Achievements be working on release?

This thread says no: http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1840
EDIT: And no it's not initially about achievements specifically, but Justin does talk about both
Strech

Postby Strech » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:02 pm

Guys, just a question, are you going to add more content after the release?
What are your plans? :)
CloudKiller

Postby CloudKiller » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:16 am

Strech wrote:Guys, just a question, are you going to add more content after the release?

I'm curious about this too. So far I've really enjoyed the gameplay, but the storyline is so linear that I feel confined. I'd really like to be able to play in a free-play mode where I'm not constantly outrunning the Rebel fleet.

I haven't beaten the game once yet, and I usually don't even make it to the boss :? :cry:

Would be awesome to just be able to explore. :P
Sam

Re: Update v1.0 & v1.01 - Very few changes

Postby Sam » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:30 pm

CloudKiller wrote:
Strech wrote:Guys, just a question, are you going to add more content after the release?

I'm curious about this too. So far I've really enjoyed the gameplay, but the storyline is so linear that I feel confined. I'd really like to be able to play in a free-play mode where I'm not constantly outrunning the Rebel fleet.

I haven't beaten the game once yet, and I usually don't even make it to the boss :? :cry:

Oh man that would be amazing. I'd really enjoy something that just lets you visit sectors and still defeat the baddies.
irnehhenri

Postby irnehhenri » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:41 pm

CloudKiller wrote:

I have totally been thinking about that very thing and how awesome that would be!
Or maybe at least a survival mode where you still have to run from the rebels but there is no boss, so it goes on forever!