[SHIPS/WEAPONS] Star Trek Universe - Final update!.

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
dalolorn

Re: [SHIPS/WEAPONS] Star Trek Universe - Final update!.

Postby dalolorn » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:11 pm

Could I by any chance use your drone box graphics?

One of the ships in TFSB is a 4-drone ship, and seeing as some of the ships still have 2 drone slots, the graphic that came with it (kartoFlane let me use his Auto-Cruiser) isn't going to work right.
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:23 pm

dalolorn wrote:Could I by any chance use your drone box graphics?

One of the ships in TFSB is a 4-drone ship, and seeing as some of the ships still have 2 drone slots, the graphic that came with it (kartoFlane let me use his Auto-Cruiser) isn't going to work right.

Yeah, you can use it, anyways it didnt cost me too much work to modify a little bit the box.. just 2 minutes in photoshop. But in the end, it doesnt matter wat modifications you make, the ui will always look bad with ships loaded to the teeth.. :lol:
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage
dalolorn

Postby dalolorn » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:53 pm

Thanks. That'll help out quite a bit. :)
bflow

Postby bflow » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:18 pm

Looks great, and not to nit pick, but the NCC-1701E was built as a war ship. Basically a cross between the standard Federation ship design (saucer section with lower engineering section and elevated nacelles) and the Defiant weapons platform. Unlike the previous versions, particularly the D, it was not a Science, Exploration and Diplomacy Flagship. It was a weapon of war designed for the eminent Borg threat. Kind of like the Dreadnought class ship in the StarTrek rebut version of Wrath of Kahn.

That said, now I have to go download this and try it out.
LegatDamar

Postby LegatDamar » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:57 pm

I really love this mod. I am a huge Star Trek fan and the opportunity to play FTL with this ships is great. Thank you very, very much for this mod.
My favorite ships are the Bioships. They are great and so unique to play. Great idea!

I have my highscore with one of your ships. With the Krenim Assault Scout :lol: Won with most of the ships with the first try - ok, some bad encounters in sector 1, but that can happen with every ship.
The only real problem i have are the Borg-ships. They are very fragile and not really "borglike" :( The worst ships of all 18 - no shields, no cloak, bad augments. No fun to play. Perhaps i´m only to bad to play them, but they are weak - and borg should be kicking ass ;)

I know it says "final update", but do you consider making some other ships? It would be great to play with a Breen ship or a Ferengi ship - how fun would it be to beat the flagship with a ferengi marauder (they even have "engi" in their name :lol: ), or an Intrepid class.
ScubaSteve3465

Postby ScubaSteve3465 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:54 pm

Any chance on a different version that fits more into the orginal art style of the game? Even the attached weapons look out of place on this ship. I would LOVE a Star Trek ship that fits the art style, sadly the only one looks abandoned. Hopefully you will release a different version for the users that want to stick with the feel of the game. Im sure im not alone on this one.
Metzelmax

Postby Metzelmax » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:32 pm

Step one: install paint
Step two: replace every single image in the mod
Step three: ???
Step four: Profit.
Here is the Stuff I made:
ImageImageImageImage
And stuff is always better than no stuff, right?
agigabyte

Postby agigabyte » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:02 pm

Metzelmax wrote:Step one: install paint

Paint can't do transparency, so everything would have a white box around it.
dalolorn

Postby dalolorn » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:13 pm

agigabyte wrote:
Metzelmax wrote:Step one: install paint

Paint can't do transparency, so everything would have a white box around it.

Well, since Paint comes by default on Windows, I would guess he meant Paint.NET. Or GIMP. Or Photoshop. Or countless other programs that CAN do transparency. If he is unwilling to install those, he could create stencils based on speedoflight's graphics in ArtRage (if he has THAT) to remove the transparency. Which is something I found myself doing when working with the Rebel flagship to wipe out the weapon shadows. :)
Predator210699

Postby Predator210699 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:12 am

Amazing... Just Amazing