[MOD][WIP] FTL Infinite Space

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Pelia

Re: [MOD][WIP] FTL Infinite Space

Postby Pelia » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:34 pm

Re-install, use the 1.01.1 version, might work better. Can't think of anything else :|
Magor

Postby Magor » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:19 pm

clear install help.Maybe was corrupted with previous mods.
Pelia

Postby Pelia » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:01 am

I'm glad to hear that, it helped me as well when it did not give me an option to pick a wep/crewmember/whatever as I was using a custom ship and artillery beam animation mod. Have fun with IS ;)
CanadianWolvie

Postby CanadianWolvie » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:45 pm

I am so glad you stuck with this Templar, I remember when you first posted this thread and I am only just now trying the mod out - FTL has a lot of re-playability and I have learned to be patient with mods for gaming many years ago :)

Sincerely, thank you. And I wouldn't be surprised in the least if we ever got a FTL sequel, it would be influenced by your mod, its something I think a lot of FTL players wanted in the base game <3
DrkTemplar

Postby DrkTemplar » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:39 pm

@Zandorum, my focus for IS is to finish it. I don't have a lot of time to work on this right now.

@Magor, your engines and shields are used to determine a boss fight.

@CanadianWolvie, Thank you for your feedback!

FYI, I'm still here, and working on another release. Sorry I can't give a expected date for this.
kezza596

Postby kezza596 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:57 am

*Bump*

Just started modding about an hour ago.
Installed Python, installed Mod Manager, the only mods I have are the standard easy scrap mod and this. It all loads up fine, shows 'Infinite Space' in the title screen etc. I have whatever the latest FTL version on Steam is.

Thing is...the Rebel Fleet pursue me from the start. The free-roam thing is what made me mod it, but it's kind of pointless with the Fleet after me.

Help please, or update from OP?

Thanks!
Pelia

Postby Pelia » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:02 pm

IS generally clashes with other mods, as inferior as some may seem. The mod did not work for me until I removed all other mods including the scrap one. It's probably because you get some extra scrap at the start of IS anyway and scrap mod does that too. So turn off ALL other mods.

If it does not work, you can use a save profile manager that can alter the position of the Rebel fleet, you have to set the pursuit modifier to an extremely low number (like -999). The Rebels will take ages to catch up.

The first method worked for me though, and using the second method is just what the IS itself does to halt the Rebels, anyway.
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:15 pm

Pelia wrote:IS generally clashes with other mods, as inferior as some may seem. The mod did not work for me until I removed all other mods including the scrap one. It's probably because you get some extra scrap at the start of IS anyway and scrap mod does that too. So turn off ALL other mods.

This is true. IS overwrites the starting beacon event in order to delay the Rebel fleet by a ridiculous amount so that you don't have to worry about them.
However, if you install another mod after IS that also overwrites the starting beacon, the IS one will have no effect, and the Rebels will continue to pursue you.

@krezza596
You might want to use Slipstream Mod Manager instead -- it's much better, and GMM is no longer being developed.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
drblacknife

Postby drblacknife » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:48 pm

Ive waited so long for this to come out again :D :D
DemonSurf

Postby DemonSurf » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:17 am

Hi, this mod seems to be what I'm searching too =)

Can we still unlock the basic version ships while playing this mod ?

Thanks.