57 games and still no mantis ship. :(

General discussion about the game.
Bushman

57 games and still no mantis ship. :(

Postby Bushman » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:32 pm

I don't get what I'm doing wrong here. 57 games 2388 beacons explored, all ships unlocked, except the mantis. I go for red sectors every chance I get hoping for the mantis home world. I don't even bother to finish a game when there is no possibility of getting a mantis home world sector anymore.
Gorlom

Re: 57 games and still no mantis ship. :(

Postby Gorlom » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:34 am

Do you have teleporters rank 2 medbay rank 2 and a mantis crewmember on your ship?

Not sure if all of them are still required but It cant hurt :p

Do you ever come across the named mantis theif encounter or is even the homeworlds eluding you??
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby Matthew » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:00 am

I've been playing the Steam version myself lately to see if I could unlock everything. I'm 48 runs in and still haven't unlocked the Slug, Mantis, or Rock ship. And I'm a developer :-P Sometimes life is just unlucky. Keep at it! I will.
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
LillithMenarra

Postby LillithMenarra » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:42 pm

Man I've done at least 50 playthroughs and the only ships I had unlocked until last night were the Engi and Federation.

Last night I finally got the Stealth Ship.

I have no luck with getting new ships unlocked, though I had the Mantis Ship event once but did not have the med bay to save the guy >.>
Bushman

Postby Bushman » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:50 pm

zasdarq wrote:I've been playing the Steam version myself lately to see if I could unlock everything. I'm 48 runs in and still haven't unlocked the Slug, Mantis, or Rock ship. And I'm a developer :-P Sometimes life is just unlucky. Keep at it! I will.

I'd crank up the probability of finding them to about twice what it is now. It is especially frustrating to get the quests for ships that I have over and over instead of quests for the new ones. :(
fall_ark

Postby fall_ark » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:32 pm

Bushman wrote:
zasdarq wrote:I've been playing the Steam version myself lately to see if I could unlock everything. I'm 48 runs in and still haven't unlocked the Slug, Mantis, or Rock ship. And I'm a developer :-P Sometimes life is just unlucky. Keep at it! I will.

I'd crank up the probability of finding them to about twice what it is now. It is especially frustrating to get the quests for ships that I have over and over instead of quests for the new ones. :(

Or just up the chance of ship-unlocking events with regards to total playing time?
You can post images in signature?
Justin
Site Admin

Postby Justin » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:57 pm

To pull back the curtain a bit - (design spoiler? is that a thing?) - Home sectors MUST have the unlock event inside. Therefore there's no way for us to 'legitimately' increase the chances of finding it. We would have to pull some trickery regarding tracking what people have seen rather than making a randomized map. Personally, I don't want to do that.
If you're having hull problems, I feel bad for you son. I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
Sardonic

Postby Sardonic » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:21 pm

You can marginally increase your chances of success by buying the long range sensors aug and avoid going to locations that don't have ships. (I think the mantis ship arc starting location displays as a ship), just be sure you have a teleporter, a level 2 medbay, and a mantis crew member and you're golden.