The Big Bang Cruiser

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
london10043

The Big Bang Cruiser

Postby london10043 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:22 am

Finally, after 5 years, 16 year old me came back to the game to update this mod! (Yes, I was 10 when I made this mod :P)

I tweaked the ship design to better fit AE, and unfortunately due to game engine constraints, you can't have more than 28 power now, as apparently the method to display power bars was changed, and panics when going over 60 power/30 in an ion storm. Some weapons were also tweaked (they're still hilariously overpowered though.)

Additionally, the ship doesn't start out with all subsystems maxed out anymore, so there is at least something to do now, except aiming your weapons and obliterating anyone in your path.

New backstory: 10 years ago, an anonymous Zoltan and an anonymous Engi docked this ship at a Federation Outpost, both never to be seen again, leaving the ship behind. As the ship was deemed abandoned by federation authorities, it was towed to the Federation's Military Hangar. Upon closer inspection, the ship revealed itself to contain some dramatically modified weapons, the likes of which the galaxy had never seen before.

Yes, I still use the stock artwork, I only remembered about this mod 2 days ago, and even then, I suck horribly with photo editing programs. Maybe at some point I might consider recolouring the ship?

Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xfbbixhzb5xbx ... 0.ftl?dl=0

Changelog:

v1.1.0
-Compatibility with Advanced Edition, after 5 long years of me forgetting about the game.
-Ship now only starts out with 28 power bars, due to game engine constraints.
-Ship now no longer starts out with all subsystems, and neither maxed out ones.
-Minor weapon overhaul:
-The Big Bang Laser now uses the Heavy Beam II artwork, as I found it more fitting.
-Both the Big Bang Laser and the Big Bang Ion now require 2 power.
-The Big Bang Beam now requires 3 power.
-The Big Bang Missiles now requires 2 missiles.

v1.0.3
-Fixed the "unexpected character" error
-Changed the Big Bang Beam length to 480

v1.0.2
-Failed attempt to fix the "unexpected character" error

v1.0.1
-Changed the Big Bang Beam length to 320

v1.0.0
-Initial Release
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Original Post from when I was 10 years old:

This ship is more overpowered than the Federation Secret and the Lost Hunter COMBINED!!!
Hope you enjoy! :twisted: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kxca12b4niv3lqb/The%20Big%20Bang%20Cruiser%20v1.0.3.ftl?m PS: All weapons consume only 1 power

Backstory: Originally built for the rebels by the rock and mantis, this ship was designed to be the new Rebel Flagship. But as an Engi Explorer accidentally found the blueprints of the ship, he decided to give it to the Federation. And after he copied the blueprints, he has fakened all of the weapons and from the oxygen system. Because of that, the Rebels chased him until they thought that he was gone. But he has just hidden himself in the Federation Base. With only 1 hp, he decided to join the federation. The ship was painted in typical federation colours. Because the Federation was so excited about this ship, 25 of them were built.

Weapon specs: Big Bang Ion: Fires 6 shots, 3 ion dambage each, plus HUGE fire chance.(fire chance = 16)
Big Bang Missiles: Fires 10 missiles, 6 dambage each, plus HUGE fire AND breach chance(both chances = 16) Big Bang Laser: Fires 20 shots, 6 dambage each and again HUGE and breach chance.
Big Bang Beam: 3x the length of the pike beam, pierces 5 shields, 5 hull damage per room.
Last edited by london10043 on Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:16 am, edited 5 times in total.
5thHorseman

Re: The Big Bang Cruiser

Postby 5thHorseman » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:26 pm

No screenshots?
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:40 pm

5thHorseman wrote:No screenshots?

No interest.
I need to keep a hotlink to that "Mods you learn from vs Mods you distribute" post I keep making.
london10043

Postby london10043 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:06 pm

Sorry about the screenshot, but my computer has no screenshot button :cry:
london10043

Postby london10043 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:22 pm

DestinyAtlantis

Postby DestinyAtlantis » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:43 pm

How much power does it start with? (can you power everything to max), But still AWESOME. If only you had ?16? for weapons, then ...., but that would be too op.
london10043

Postby london10043 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:29 pm

It has 99 power. :P
NewAgeOfPower

Postby NewAgeOfPower » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:22 am

Oh joy, another reequipped Kestrel full of OP, stock art, & stock animation.
Requiem. The first in the Ascension trilogy. Current version: 0.6 BETA.

Get your Ascension Faction siggys here!
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:24 am

It shows some potential into one day him being a good modder, at least he can do costume/modded weapons unlike me...

99 power seems a bit much in OP standards =l you won't be able to get the systems to use up that power and you will have a ugly chain of green bars going of the screen.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:21 pm

I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269