[Ships/Weapons/Drones/Events] Omicron Dynasty Updated 18/08

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
speedoflight

Re: [Ships/Weapons/Drones/Events] Omicron Dynasty Updated 07

Postby speedoflight » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:47 am

Curious. If your drone parts are lower than the total number of drones on your loadout, the rest of em will dissappear if u restart the game. lol. Funniest bug of ftl ive ever seen. I was testing the carriers and i put 2 drone parts for 2 defense drones + 3 combat drones.. those 3 combat drones are removed.. xD.

About other things, i have a real problem. I was planning the omicron renegade event (the one where u find a omicron renegade ship and u can fight it gaining secret weapons and drone schematics) and i noticed u CANT make custom enemy shields.. is this true?????? cuz this is essential if i want to make a custom omicron enemy ship.. i dont have any option. Someone can confirm this?? i keep losing my will on keep modding for FTL.. everytime i discover another obstacle. They are so many now... sigh.
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage
speedoflight

Re: [Ships/Weapons/Drones/Events] Omicron Dynasty Updated 17

Postby speedoflight » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:04 pm

Updated version to 0.8 , i changed cloak images, hope u like it.

Note boarding ships are not fully tested, i only tested 1 or 2 fights, so any really useful feedback on this matter will be really appreciated.

The next update will not be soon, cuz it will be the omicron renegade event, and this will take really more time than anything else, but i need to see if i can create a custom shielded omicron enemy, as i said in the previous posts. This will be really important, cuz the event is based on this and had a lot of good ideas for it, but all of em will vanish (and im afrid my will of keep modding) if i cant get a custom enemy shield for the omicron renegade ship.
ImageImage
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:23 pm

So, it looks like its impossible to add a custom shield to an enemy ship. Almost not the graphic part.

So, for now i will just make a Rebel Renegade using Omicron stoled weapons, that will do it for now, until i can improve all the aspects of the event.
ImageImage
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:02 pm

Decided to stop modding for the FTL community for now, sorry guys, i dont feel my work is being productive for the community. Im very sad to say this, but i spent a lot of time trying to get things through and i dont get any little feedback (actually anything). Dont worry, if someone is trying this mod, i will post the final updates in a couple of months or later , when i finish it for my own. Until then, no further updates are coming , so the new omicron enemies and the event related to it, as well as the new drones, the battleship classes and the planet killers will be not updated until.. i dunno, in a future.

Cheers.
ImageImage
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:10 pm

Hi people, i pass by to say im going to update the mod to version 1.0 soon as i promised, with 2 more custom events, including fighting with 2 omicron enemies and 1 omicron defense plattform (see images below), and 1 mayor event, where u can get interesting unique items, like the blue energy source, the exterminator fighter, or 3 awesome weapons, the singularity rifter, the plasma rail cannon and the sonic cannon. Of course, the last classes are included, battleships and planet killers, as well as more weapons with custom sounds, effects and so on. Also a new main menu screen (im not too proud of it but i think it looks great anyways).

The only thing i will need to finish are the gibs (for the exception of the enemy custom ships , the battleships classes and the planet killer classes), and maybe more events.

So, as i said, update soon, maybe in the next few days, or maybe the next month after i come back from vacations (im already really busy but i had 5 minutes to write this lol).

Cheers.
ImageImage
speedoflight

Re: [Ships/Weapons/Drones/Events] Omicron Dynasty Updated 19

Postby speedoflight » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:13 pm

Updated to version 1.0!!

Added some images and updated the info on the first page.

Enjoy!.

Note the overall balance is not tested at 100%, sometimes omicron enemies will be too easy, sometimes too hard, but i guess thats the thing about FTL. And honestly i coudnt get further in this matter by myself.

Events are tested, and they should work 100% fine, but who knows, if u find something weird let me know!. Note that probably this is going to be the last update in the thread.
ImageImage
Astapius542

Postby Astapius542 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:02 am

Hm GMM dosnt seam too want too patch this mod :cry: it gives me this
Exception in thread Thread-1:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "D:\My Documents\projects\Grognaks-Mod-Manager - dist\build\pyi.win32\mai
n\out00-PYZ.pyz\threading", line 551, in __bootstrap_inner
n\out00-PYZ.pyz\threading", line 504, in run
File "<string>", line 779, in payload
File "<string>", line 621, in patch_dats
n\out00-PYZ.pyz\zipfile", line 714, in __init__
n\out00-PYZ.pyz\zipfile", line 748, in _GetContents
n\out00-PYZ.pyz\zipfile", line 763, in _RealGetContents
BadZipfile: File is not a zip file
if you know the problem please tell me i want to play this it seams so well made :D :)
boa13

Postby boa13 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:42 am

Last line explains the problem: BadZipfile: File is not a zip file

FTL mod files are regular .zip files with the file extension renamed to .ftl. GMM is telling you that the file you are trying to give it is not a regular zip file. Did you unpack the mod? Is the mod corrupt? Can you try downloading it again, maybe with a different browser?
Forum janitor — If you spot spam, PM me the URL and/or the username of the spammer.
I have powers, moderator powers. I am not keen on using them, but will do so if needed.
Astapius542

Postby Astapius542 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:57 pm

Thx alot i downloaded it with a diffrent browser and now it works (used opera insted of Googlechrome) :D Also really likted your Startrek universe mod :D
Astapius542

Postby Astapius542 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:55 pm

I've just completed sector 1 and ran into 2 of the omicron renegade events are they supposed to be that common? if not you might want to think about increasing the rarity of it (if you plan to do an update that is)