[MOD][WIP] FTL Infinite Space

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
kartoFlane

Re: [MOD][WIP] FTL Infinite Space

Postby kartoFlane » Fri May 31, 2013 9:47 am

@dgaforgtfo
It's just the regular issue of mods being baked into GMM's backups

1. Go to GMM/backups, delete both .bak files.
  2. .
    1. Steam users:
      Steam -> Library -> right-click on FTL -> Properties -> Local Files -> Verify Integrity of Game Cache
    2. DRM-free version users:
      Reinstall FTL (remember to back up your profile!)
  3. Launch GMM to create new backups

Mind you that if you've updated FTL to version 1.03.3, some of the total conversion mods may be broken (IS among them).
Last edited by kartoFlane on Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Fri May 31, 2013 11:36 am

In previous versions of GMM, backups are supossed to be in the mods folder, there is no backup folder on versions 1.6 and below (just in case u are using GMM 1.6 or lower, like me).

And they only appear when u patch the game with at least 1 mod (and they are deleted when no mods are being used) , so just be aware of this if u are using the version 1.6 of GMM.
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage
dgaforgtfo

Postby dgaforgtfo » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:20 am

kartoFlane wrote:@dgaforgtfo
It's just the regular issue of mods being baked into GMM's backups...

Go to GMM/backups, delete both .bak files.
Steam -> Library -> right-click on FTL -> Properties -> Local Files -> Verify Integrity of Game Cache
Launch GMM to create new backups

Mind you that if you've updated FTL to version 1.03.3, some of the total conversion mods may be broken (IS among them).

So perfect! I'd kinda sorta seen this suggestion around here, but thank you for a succinct and clear explanation! And thank you as well speedoflight, I was indeed using 1.4 at first, but another very helpful community member got me a link I could use for 1.7 :)
Whoopty

Postby Whoopty » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:21 pm

I am happy to report that third event in the Fitch's Hydro series has now been written. I've sent it over to Drk, so hopefully if I haven't made too many mistakes, it won't take him long to have it in the mod.
DrkTemplar

Postby DrkTemplar » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:17 pm

Whoopty wrote:I am happy to report that third event in the Fitch's Hydro series has now been written. I've sent it over to Drk, so hopefully if I haven't made too many mistakes, it won't take him long to have it in the mod.

I've been trying to get Infinite Space to work with the latest version of FTL. It's a tedious process of testing each new/modified event, but mostly I've just been really busy with work.
Bonnie Lass

Postby Bonnie Lass » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:33 am

I'm glad you appreciated the code cleanup. The Descent into Darkness author actually chewed me out when I posted XML corrections in his thread.

I am aware of the fact a lot of the XML errors are in the core game, but nevertheless, them being there makes it harder to find more serious errors with XML parsers, so it's good to have clean code in my opinion.

Looking forward to the full release of 0.5!
mr_mushrom_x

Postby mr_mushrom_x » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:30 pm

can any1 help me, when I download it I get a rar file with some img and data folders not a .ftl file am I doin it wrong. im using a legit version of ftl and WinRAR so Im not sure how to install it without an .ftl file
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:37 pm

All links point to .ftl files... It's likely that at one point in time you tried to open an .ftl file with WinRar and now it has this filetype associated with it. It doesn't change anything - it's still an .ftl file - don't unpack it, just put it in the /mods/ folder and it'll work fine.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
mr_mushrom_x

Postby mr_mushrom_x » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:17 pm

kartoFlane wrote:All links point to .ftl files... It's likely that at one point in time you tried to open an .ftl file with WinRar and now it has this filetype associated with it. It doesn't change anything - it's still an .ftl file - don't unpack it, just put it in the /mods/ folder and it'll work fine.

it didn't for me
ELDT

Postby ELDT » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:42 am

A little tip for everyone using this mod, if you can stomach dieing a couple of times at the start, you can use the potential (ship design) and the advanced systems mod with this mod here to have a LOT of fun. You are going to die a lot at the start though. However I've had a fun experience with it when I actually got the ball rolling, then proceeded to cry profusely when I died against the pirate flagship. That is evil. And has that stupid ultimate defense drone. :(